http://www.youtube.com/user/Winxin864#grid...F161C90A82E426C

Clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njVD9DSCC_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNpUBRUnvPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxH3cyrHGvY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzrKMTOonog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2u152GRAjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVU54Vvv8mg

I filed complaint notifications for all but the last two, because I am waiting for the person to read my messages.

The person with the first four clips outright said "no" and swore at me.

so, yeah.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Apr 24 2010, 1:45 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

What exactly did they steal? Videos that were recorded from the TV?

--------------------
wkw427
post Apr 24 2010, 1:59 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Yep, Kel's recordings to be precise.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Ranma
post Apr 24 2010, 2:41 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Sorry, but that isn't illegal, and it isn't theft. It's actually illegal to record things off of tv and post them online for other people to watch...

I'm not saying that this situation is right. I'm just saying that it probably isn't a big deal.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Apr 24 2010, 7:24 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Its annoying that people keep steeling others work.........I thought you had them all watermarked

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Apr 24 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, it is legal. I'm not claiming I own winx, it is for the fans. It is just as legal as a fandub/sub, iffy.

But they clearly took the episodes from kel (via dark on veoh)..

Good news is they were removed.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ranma
post Apr 27 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Even if you aren't asking for money, if you don't have permission from the creator it is considered illegal. That is why a lot of anime gets taken down on youtube and everything. The creator, or whoever holds the rights to the series, finds out that someone is uploading their work illegally and has the site taken down.

--------------------
wkw427
post Apr 27 2010, 1:01 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

But as far as I can tell, that isn't the case with winx, so long as it is not 4kids. I wouldn't touch 4kids fecal matter with a twelve meter stick

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ranma
post Apr 27 2010, 1:38 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Nope, it's still considered copyright infringement.
Also, even if you aren't showing the 4kids version, 4kids could still get involved.

For example: YEARS ago. A guy was making a quake mod using the DBZ characters. It was called "Bid for Power."
Funimation shut them down and threatened to sue. It was a free mod, and it is perfectly legal to mod the game...however, dbz does not belong to them, and even if it is free, they do not have the right to distribute anything related to the franchise.

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Apr 27 2010, 6:26 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree with Ranma, 4kids could definitely get involved. I had saved links to old Rai English episodes on Ytube, and it now says they've been taken down because 4kids (yes, it clearly mentions them) doesn't allow this content to be broadcast in my country. And that really irked me, 'cause it's not even their version of Winx, but they still stepped in. >_>

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Kel03
post Apr 29 2010, 2:03 AM
Post #11

Enchantix Fairy

I was checking out Michael's Winx Club website and he's found out some interesting news in regards to 4Kids licensing. Since the subject was brought up I thought I would let you guys know. Apparently 4Kids acquired the rights to another asian cartoon this fall "Dragon Ball Z Kai", and have decided to create a cartoon block tentatively named "Toonzai" at this stage. This means that the future of non asian cartoons like Huntik and Winx Club at this stage is in doubt for season 4 this fall, but by no means decided, since the cartoon block is the one currently airing Winx Club in the USA.

If 4Kids don't renew the rights and licensing for Winx Club then this may mean a couple of things:
First: Would 4Kids would then lose the right to take the video's of the episodes off youtube (and wherever else they may have done so)?, but that's only if and I'm unsure about the legalities of it all.

Second: As you all know, us Aussies only use to get the 4Kids version and with season 4 having aired in rai english now, it may just be an indicator of what might happen with 4Kids, but like I said: there isn't anything set in stone at this stage.
wkw427
post Apr 29 2010, 5:39 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

4kids loosing something?
Epic, lets cheer them on

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

animefan32
post Apr 29 2010, 8:14 PM
Post #13

A True Fairy

QUOTE (Ranma @ Apr 26 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Nope, it's still considered copyright infringement.
Also, even if you aren't showing the 4kids version, 4kids could still get involved.

For example: YEARS ago. A guy was making a quake mod using the DBZ characters. It was called "Bid for Power."
Funimation shut them down and threatened to sue. It was a free mod, and it is perfectly legal to mod the game...however, dbz does not belong to them, and even if it is free, they do not have the right to distribute anything related to the franchise.

I agree maybe i should take down my anime videos?
animefan32
post May 5 2010, 9:23 PM
Post #14

A True Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:39 PM) *
4kids loosing something?
Epic, lets cheer them on

Hey you might wanna check this out, unless u have something to do with this blogspot i don't remember you posting your videos on Zshare!

http://believeinwinx.blogspot.com/2010/04/...ai-english.html
wkw427
post May 5 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks
-angry-

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

winxclubrox23
post May 5 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (Kel03 @ Apr 28 2010, 07:03 PM) *
I was checking out Michael's Winx Club website and he's found out some interesting news in regards to 4Kids licensing. Since the subject was brought up I thought I would let you guys know. Apparently 4Kids acquired the rights to another asian cartoon this fall "Dragon Ball Z Kai", and have decided to create a cartoon block tentatively named "Toonzai" at this stage. This means that the future of non asian cartoons like Huntik and Winx Club at this stage is in doubt for season 4 this fall, but by no means decided, since the cartoon block is the one currently airing Winx Club in the USA.

Well that sucks. 4kids does the only English dub there is of Huntik.

But I don't know. They've released previews, like, recently...

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 5:53 PM