Group: Honor Members

It's called the 'Rebel/Anti-Hero stereotype.'
Go to the top of the page
Boo
post May 31 2009, 9:49 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think people simply complain about her because of the fact that she takes so much air time, which is only expected with her being the main character.
That is a common basis for complaint, nonetheless, though. (I admit, I've complained about it more than once.)

Well... personally, I don't like her.
Mainly because of the amount of air-time she has received (and thus, taken from other characters that were never given the depth they deserved), and because of the idea that she is a character that appeals to a certain audience, and I'm not part of that crowd.

I also think they try too hard to make her character one that can be related to moreso than the others (her being the regular "Earth girl" with a kind personality...) That is, despite the fact that she has everything going for her and has a nearly "perfect" life... (Ex: Perfect "Prince Charming" boyfriend, friends that support her no matter what, parents that support her no matter what, an interesting and mysterious past, the greatest power in the realms, etc. etc.)
In a way, I think that just defeats the attempt of making her more relatable, but that's just me. blink.gif

Well... That rant above this sentence, needless to say, is simply my opinion. happy.gif

Please note that I don't hate her, though (A, it's a cartoon, B, my little sister would be terribly angry.) icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post May 31 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

[Edit: not double, one and a half post ... :S ]

This post has been edited by humbu111: May 31 2009, 10:12 PM

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Bloomrocks1234
post May 31 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #24

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ May 31 2009, 09:42 AM) *
@Bloomrocks1234: *Cough* Almost every episode *Cough* Plus, just because you like Bloom doesn't mean everyone else has to. There's nothing wrong with you liking her but there's also nothing wrong with me or anyone else not liking her.

Also, can you please not double (or triple) post? Thank you. biggrin.gif

i never said that everyone has to like bloom i just said u can write anything u like or dislike about her and i like her and wat is double posting i am new to this site

--------------------

property of winxclubepisodios
not mine
P-girl
post May 31 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Double posting is when you post two times after each other. There has to be at least one post of someone else between them.
Bloomrocks1234
post May 31 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #26

Charmix Fairy

thank u this is not double posting right

--------------------

property of winxclubepisodios
not mine
P-girl
post May 31 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Nope, but if you would make another one (Without mine or anyone else's inbetween.) that would be.
mightymarty2
post Jun 1 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Bloom is in the bottom 3 for me in the winx chategory with layla and roxy. Personally i like her but not much

Bloom never should have got her enchantix untill the movie when she would have got it without any question fairly, she has great power due to the dragonfire which is why the villans go after her. To be honest there is not much to like or dislike. I understand why people get frustrated about her but we just have to put up with that as nothing is going to change.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post Jun 1 2009, 7:50 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

aqua_pearl
post Jun 1 2009, 7:53 PM
Post #30

Sirenix Fairy

My Opinion of Bloom? I like her just as much as the other winx. honestly I think all the winx are well developed and I have a hard time picking between them (though i seem to gravitate towards flora more often then the others and I dont know why)
All the winx are different, differents strengths, weakness', likes, dislikes,etc

First off Bloom is the main character, (at least for the first 3 seasons) so you cant be surprised that shes in the spotlight because the story is about her.
She starts off as a normal girl whos ambitious and yes sometimes she is annoying because she whines or runs away when her relationship with sky gets tough, she gets jealous easily. But thats also partly what endears me to her because unlike the typical main character where they do everything perfact, this shows evidence that shes flawed and no different from the other girls. Also Im a girl who can get jealous easily unfortunatly and can relate that its just an unfortunate flaw to get over (though her and sky do get pretty tense sometimes with their fights that I wonder if marriage is a good idea just yet, flora/helia, layla/nabu and tecna/timmy seem the most mature characters and understanding of the dynamics of a healthy relationship, would be better choices)

Her power makes her strong, but they have not yet shown her to master it though she has become better at using it and sometimes can tap into its full power. She is not good at everything but does try which is an endearing feature. And it shows she doesnt do it alone. The rest of the winx are seen as being very supportive, Stella especially always goes after her when ever she runs away back home and drags her back.

Her Charmix was earned because she had overcome that trait of her emotions running her actions (though it didnt take long for her to fall to her emotions again) However if her emotions didnt effect her strongly maybe she wouldnt have broken free of darkars spell over skys confession.

I do have to agree though over the laws of magic being bent a little to easily. As admirable as a force of her will might be it doesnt change that Enchantix is achieved by sacrafice. Even if she doesnt have full enchantix I still dont think its fair she got it. I know it sucks that her world was destroyed and she couldnt do it as a baby obviously, but thats life. Lifes not fair. Life can suck. Period.

What would have been better I think is if in the movie she (and maybe daphne) fought the witches and somehow freed the kingdom (or even just oritel) and then achieved her enchantix in the movie and then defeated the witches.

Bottom line is I like Bloom as much as the other winx. Shes a normal girl who while sometimes annoying makes a good friend to the girls and has realist traits. Sure she has the greatest power, but you cant get mad at her for that, someone has to, and she doesnt exactly brag about it. Shes a good character even if she unfortunatly broke the rules of enchantix
aqua_pearl
post Jun 1 2009, 7:56 PM
Post #31

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 31 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Double posting is when you post two times after each other. There has to be at least one post of someone else between them.

I dont see the big deal of double posting

Maybe if someone was like quadruple posting that would push it, but a double post once in a while is no big deal. I dont think people really care
humbu111
post Jun 1 2009, 7:58 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Toriamelio
post Aug 15 2009, 5:58 AM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Personally I don't like Bloom.thumbsdown.gif
1stly shes too much of a "Caption Obvious" for me
2ndly I think she thinks the world revolves around her. (well actually shes a cartoon and doesn't think... blink.gif whoah I just really confused myself there and had to like tripple check it lol )
and 3rdly I think shes waaaay to optimistic about some things. I mean a little optimism in your life is good but that much? 'come on

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:05 AM