Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> For people in the UK - Not a fan of the Nick Version? Watch 4Kids instead, You have a choice! (Note: Seasons 1-3 only)
Emi
post Mar 14 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: Members

I thought I'd post this, since I haven't seen it yet.

If you aren't a fan of the Nickelodeon take on Winx Club, you can watch the 4Kids dub instead if you have Sky, on the channel 'Pop'. I believe it is also sometimes shown on it's sister channel 'Pop Girl'.

Please note it only shows Season's 1-3, since 4Kids didn't do Season 4. It is currently airing Season 3, however, it goes in a cycle so when this ends, I'm presuming Season 1 will start again.

Just incase anyone wanted to watch the 4Kids version either out of preference, or to simply compare both! icon_smile.gif

--------------------

If you would like me to make something for you, just ask
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Mar 15 2012, 2:47 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Wow, I'm surprised that any channel still has the rights to air that version, but it's cool that they do!
Emi
post Mar 15 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Pixie

PopGirl used to air 4Kids Winx from 2007-2009, then it moved to the main channel 'Pop', which still air's it today. I don't know why the move was.

Pop Girl also used to air the 4Kids version of Mew Mew Power (Tokyo Mew Mew), but that hasn't been on for a while.

--------------------

Vaughanh7
post Mar 18 2012, 3:20 PM
Post #4

Believix Fairy

Yeah, I have EVERY SINGLE episode of 4Kids recorded from POP >.< its great that its still being shown!

--------------------
Emi
post Mar 18 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #5

Pixie

I think it's good that it is still shown, too. I know a lot of people hated 4Kids dubs in general, but I prefer it a lot more to Nicks attempt at Winx. I prefer the voices, I know they're not all that realistic but I think they were better and fitted the characters a lot more, too. Plus it makes it easy to compare and gives us choice.
Do you think after season 3 (it's currently running) ends, it will stop airing because of Nick?

I wish I'd recorded the dub of Tokyo Mew Mew (aka, Mew Mew Power) whilst it was on PopGirl - I prefer the Japanese original but I still enjoyed watching it, shame it's run has ended now.

--------------------

Abby
post Mar 19 2012, 2:52 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I do like the 4kids voices, but other than that I don't really like their dub. I still like to watch it though since that is how I first got into winx club and I just don't like that nick had to condense the first 2 seasons.
Vaughanh7
post Mar 23 2012, 9:53 PM
Post #7

Believix Fairy

I ont think It'll stop for a while :) but just incse, get as many as you can of them now!

--------------------
Abby
post Mar 24 2012, 3:17 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I wish they still sold the dvd's, I have all of season 1 and 2 but I wasn't able to get season 3 when it first came out and I don't really want to pay tons of money just for the season now on ebay whenever it shows up there.
Emi
post Mar 30 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #9

Pixie

Yeah I don't really like the Nick version.

You were right about it not ending, Vaughanh7, they've recently started airing Season 1 again! icon_biggrin.gif

I have no DVD's of Winx, except the one's that came with the doll's which don't feature any episodes (infact I don't remember what they feature?). I do think I have a few episodes taped though when it first started airing mornings in the UK, but I don't have a VCR player anymore.

This post has been edited by Emi: Mar 30 2012, 7:41 PM

--------------------

Vaughanh7
post Apr 1 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #10

Believix Fairy

I only have volume 1 of season 1. I have a tip, theres a free dvd site, where if you fill in some questionnaire's you get ONE dvd, and in the 'childrens' category was winx club volume one. Search for it, I will too. If I find it, I'll post it up here! :)

--------------------
Tiny Dragon
post Apr 14 2012, 9:30 AM
Post #11

Mythix Fairy

I would forever be in someone's debt if they could get me the last 13 episodes in DVD like quality from it airing on Pop.

Or you know even a stream of it.

This post has been edited by Tiny Dragon: Apr 14 2012, 11:23 AM

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 5:28 PM