Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Monster Hunter, crazy fun with impossible weapons
Asher Omega
post Jul 2 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Okay recently I stocked up on some Psp games (mostly because I had proper internet connection) and one of the ones I downloaded to see how it plays was Monster Hunter Freedom United (known in Japan as Monster Hunter 2 G.) and I'm finding the game extremely fun if a bit difficult at first. but thats because I really haven't played the first Monster Hunter. Anyway, You, a newly initiated Monster Hunter go off to replace a retired Hunter in Pokke Village (which is in the mountains) and you're attacked by some unknown Monster (a Tigrex, think of a Wyvern but with Orange and Sky Blue stripes) and you litterally fall of the mountain only to be rescued by the retired hunter. and thus the game begins.

First of is the amount of Weapons there are. there are about 8 Catagories. Sword, Great Sword, Long Sword, Lance, Gunlance (my current favorite), Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, and Bow. Each of which has their own Pros and Cons. Swords are the most versatile, while the Great Swords can down just about anything in one hit (and the same with the Heavy Bowgun), and my current Favorite the Gunlance is good for basically smashing down the crowds.

Next is the customization of EVERYTHING! you can upgrade your armor to your Helpers (which go by the name of Felynes, but they're just 3 foot tall cats that can talk.) which means that every thing either has something you need or something you can use. and then there are collection spots. I'm seriously overwhelmed by (even by my STAR OCEAN experience) by just how much you can do with stuff. but the downside of this is you literally have to collect a boat load of stuff early on to make sure you can made stuff.

the Last part is the Guild System. Monster Hunter is a game MEANT to be played with People. you can play up to four players and it literally helps. sadly I don't know anyone who has the game (I'd be happy if someone would tell me) and it does help to know people who play Monster hunter because its easier to just collect things.

Most of the game play is broken down into three catagories, Gathering quests, Slay quests, and Hunt quests. Gathering Quests are the easiest to complete but have very little rewards (unless its for something extremely rare), Slay quests, are a bit harder but you get more items from them (both for doing them completing them), while the Hunt quests can be completed two ways. either slaying the targets or trapping them. Slaying them gets you about the same amount of rewards as a Slay quest, but if you can trap a target you get a BOAT load more stuff at the end, but its harder to do.

The game is filled with some really cool stuff, but its definitely not forgotten to add humor. when you have a Felyne chef make you something, your character sits at his/her table holding a fork and an knife like a little kid while whimsical music plays. and the food is completed your character scarfs it down barehanded. if you get an Item called the BBQ spit, (a field use item) your character sits down and you cook the meat, and if you do it right, you can get a special audio clip that basically says "MMHMM, Tasty!". so its not all blood, guts, and gore.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 6:16 AM