Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Galactik Football
P-girl
post Feb 27 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well, I think it's pretty established that I love this series to death, so I'm opening a topic about it.
Reasons I like it:
1. Characters
Galactik Football is really good in character building, most main characters have a nice and deep past, and almost all named characters are nicely well-rounded. (While leaving plenty of room for interpretation). There are also nice and intricate character arcs (My favorite being that of Harris. Going from nervous and cowardly henchmen of the big bad, to a devious traitor who gives Starscream a run for his money by actually succeeding Without anyone noticing he's even on the 'wrong side'. (There are also signs he's going insane, always cool))
2. Animation
The 2-D animation leaves much to be desired, I admit, but the real action is in the pitch, where they use cell-shaded 3-Dimensional character models. While they re-use footage on a pretty large scale and except the Snow Kids, most Alien teams are obvious pallet swaps of the same model, (Budget restraints, I can imagine.). most used footage is AWESOME, and characters get about ten times more lively in their 3-D form. That, and the aliens used look extremely badass most of the time. (Rykers, Lightnings and Xenons FTW!)
3. Imaginative World
Even in 2-D, Galactik Football is a treat to watch, since they go at a pretty good length to make a colorful, imaginative galaxy. (While channeling Escher from time to time, AWESOME.), with pretty well tought-out alien races. Also nice is that they took the time to make you realise that, while not rare, humans are NOT the dominant species around here, and there's a huge variety of races walking around.
4. Ho Yay
So... much.... Ho Yay!
My inner slash fan is very pleased. Almost every male character has some subtext with another, and the fandom has established that Artegor is canonically in love with Aarch. (We're crazy like that)
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Feb 27 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Rofl. We all have our shows we love, don't we?

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Feb 27 2009, 1:00 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Yup! Galactik Football presses a lot of my buttons. (And I don't even like Sports-related fiction.)
Tom273
post Feb 27 2009, 5:21 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

I was bored and i watched the first episode of galactik football on youtube. It's not bad i liked it, it has action and funny moments too, im gonna watch some more episodes.

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
P-girl
post Feb 27 2009, 5:26 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Here.

Don't know which user you use, but this one got most of Season 2's episodes (There's a huge gap, tough..... and you might want to crank your speakers up)
Another Morning
post Feb 27 2009, 9:15 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Once my brother goes away and lets me turn the speakers on, I'll check it out =D They don't show it on an TV station I get that I'm aware of.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Tom273
post Feb 27 2009, 9:31 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

i've seen the first 2 episodes now and it just keeps getting better.

--------------------

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
P-girl
post Feb 28 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

It does.
Another thing I like is the music. Like the animation, there's lots of re-uses, but what they use is downright epic from time to time.
Tom273
post Mar 1 2009, 6:02 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

it has a good plot too, i dont like to watch football on tv anymore, XD galactik football is much more fun and the aura/energy around the players is cool.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:45 PM