6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> A Complaint Has Been Sent...
Boo
post Oct 27 2007, 8:33 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I recently sent 4kids an email questioning their dubs and edits. It was a total of two very long paragraphs, and I was being a little too nice while I was explaining how bad their edits were. If I get a reply, which I probably won't, I'll post it...

I'm curious, has anyone else sent 4kids an email? (I have two or three times...)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Go to the top of the page
winxclub-joy
post Oct 28 2007, 2:30 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Wow you sent them an Email, well I did once but there is no reply :s

--------------------
P-girl
post Oct 28 2007, 9:46 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I once did it for the Dutch dubs we get (They dub every single thing, badly!), together with some friends. Never heard an answer.
Boo
post Oct 28 2007, 3:45 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

That stinks. I would think they would at least reply if a group emailed them... I'm really hoping I get feedback. (I asked a good three or four questions.) Like I said, I was a little too nice about it, judging by how badly they edit.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
DuelMasterP
post Oct 31 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #5

A True Fairy

Group: Members

I can slightly (very slightly) why they change some things, like extreme violence, but most of the time the changes seem to be made just because they got bored at 4kids HQ. For example, in Yu-Gi-Oh, they painted out "Domino Train Station". I know americans have some variations in language from us brits but I'm fairly sure they can understand the words "Train Station"...
The thing that annoys me most though is when they shufle scenes around (like in An Unexpected Event) and completely rewrite the plot of an episode (like Betrayed [probably my favourite rai eng episode])

--------------------

P-girl
post Nov 1 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I know what you mean. I myself don't like that they take away some layers of depth, like with Valtor and his insanity (Or maybe that's just me looking for stuff like that), and what's up with the whole Valtor/Baltor thing? It's just a letter, and the whole V-mark makes no sense now!
Boo
post Nov 1 2007, 8:06 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

They do shuffle scenes around. I've noticed that as well ( I was once looking for a scene I saw in the first season on a rai episode, but got totally confused. It took me awhile to figure out that the scenes had been moved around, so while I kept looking at the end of the episode, like shown in 4kids, it was actually in the middle of the episode). I don't find a point in that, my guess is maybe it's because of commercials, but I have something to say to that as well: 3 commercial breaks in one 30 minute episode is a bit over the top.

--------------------
Boo
post Nov 3 2007, 4:35 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

O_O They actually replied!

Thank you for writing to us here at 4Kids.tv.

We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the edits made to some of
our shows. The reasoning for doing this is to make them more
kid-friendly
and to fit into our show format here at 4Kids.

Thank you again for your comments, I will be sure to pass them on to
our
producers. We appreciate your thoughts and will take them into
consideration.

The 4Kids.tv team

--------------------
P-girl
post Nov 3 2007, 7:38 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

They always say that, don't they? It's even on Wikipedia.

*Grumble* They say kid-friendly, I say 'Dumbing it down.'
Abby
post Nov 3 2007, 8:54 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

thats a crummy reply. but at least they did reply! how long did it take them to reply. I haven't messaged 4kids before but I have sent i think the winx power show email something before, and they never replied back to me.
Boo
post Nov 3 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I agree P-girl. Yeah, I'm glad they did reply, they didn't answer all of my questions, but they did answer the major one. It bothers me so much that they say they're keeping it kid-friendly, when in Italy (and other countries as well), they already find it fit enough for the target age group, but oooh no, not 4kids, it's not 'kid-friendly' enough for them. I think they enjoy ruining good cartoons....

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Nov 4 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

what the heck that 4kids just reply like this? And ya Boo they did ruin cartoons by making it so-called "kid-friendly"

--------------------
dragonFire
post Nov 4 2007, 8:44 PM
Post #13

Bloomix Fairy

Thats a really careless reply... they should know by now that they aren't making "kid-friendly" shows, they're just ruining them.

-------------------------

Princess Rissa
post Nov 4 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #14

Sirenix Fairy

I totally agree with you Dragonfire

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 5 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

I agree boo. I don't think that age range is that much more immature than kids that age in italy and other countries in europe!
Boo
post Nov 6 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks, I'm glad somebody agrees with me, I felt as if I was babbling on and on... lol

I'll continue though...
I also look at how much more popular it is there then here... I think 4kids doomed it here in the US, it's like they think that kids here are too immature or something, or they want to ruin it, or they're trying to get the target age group down to the 3-6 range. o_O

--------------------
P-girl
post Nov 6 2007, 9:36 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

That's America for you, it's not just Winx, they always do this.
Abby
post Nov 6 2007, 4:32 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

yeah I guess it is America. All of the winx club dubbing makes me wonder about other shows and how they are in other countries. I wish I could go to another country in Europe sometime to see winx club merchandise be popular, it really never has here except when it first came out, and I didn't start liking winx club until after the first season first aired on 4kids tv.
P-girl
post Nov 6 2007, 4:38 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I got a hint: DON'T go to Holland..... their dubs might be spot-on considering the plot, but other then some exceptions (Avatar and, luckily, Winx.) the voice-actors SUCK.
Boo
post Nov 6 2007, 9:59 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

huh. I actually think America has too much crud on TV. Other then one other country, America is the only country that displays medicine commercials on TV. Commercials are horrible nowadays anyway. I watch NBC and some of the commercials are just overall; inappropriate in all ways. I feel awful that my little sister is being exposed to such adult concepts just by viewing a few seconds of a commercial.

Now for cartoons; when it comes down to it, we have a lot of awful cartoons. Booger picking and such and expressing bodily functions over and over again and making kids enjoy it... Of course, the American cartoons don't get edited to fit a 'childs needs', but foreign cartoons always seem to get chopped into pieces to make it more 'kid friendly'. I find that to be awful.

--------------------

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 9:00 AM