Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> World of Winx: Episodes 14-26 talkback
SpiderBraids
post Jun 17 2017, 7:53 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Previously on World of Winx, the girls looked into the kidnappings of a bunch of talented kids from various countries, and went on a journey that took them not just around the world, but also into a world of dreams, and gave them a fabulous new transformation... and the plot point we were most intrigued by, the Peter Pan connection, turned out to be more or less the setup for season 2... Well, here we are, season 2 smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
SpiderBraids
post Jun 24 2017, 3:50 PM
Post #2

Bloomix Fairy

Okay, thoughts on the first two episodes...

Episode 1: Neverland
Spoiler!
- We open on Jim and Smee walking through a forest in the world of dreams, and Smee takes out his sword to try to attack Jim (huh?) but Jim knocks it away with his hook, adding "The element of surprise, Smee, is essential" And that's why that trade show synopsis bothered us so much during S1... Over in Gardenia, Annabelle and Louise (WOW S1x01-2) are performing alongside the Winx, or rather just Musa, Stella and Aisha, because the others are busy dealing with a caustic critic named Venomia (a bit on the nose, aren't we?) Just like with the kidnapping plot in S1, we're joining this plot in progress, since she's been to every one of their shows and written bad reviews... Bloom and Tec's comments to Venomia seem a bit meta to me: B: "We've got passion, and talent. We've been touring the world for years now" T: "Audience applause out there proves it"
- No time to address that nuisance though, since the girls are a) zapped to the World of Dreams and b) given an evolved version of Dreamix called Onyrix (wait, we're dropping Dreamix already? just like that? blink.gif) The Spirit of the World of Dreams tells them that they're the only ones who can save the World of Dreams because their magic is generated from dreams. Without the dreams fantasy wouldn't exist, and neither would fairies... S: "Oh, I'm pretty sure I'd still exist" (LOL) Anyways, they're being told this now because they're ready for the most important mission: To save the world of dreams, and the dreams of everyone in the world (OOH!)
- And just ten minutes into the new season, we get our first big battle, in which the Winx take on a bunch of shadow creatures (it was just one creature before Jim managed to split the into six with his hook) that end up eventually merging together... And once again, Flora's vines continue to be useless in restraining the baddies (heh!) After bailing out Jim and Smee with Tecna encasing them in a sphere (a la the protective box in 6x07-icon_cool.gif and Stella blowing up the merged creature a la Bloom vs the shark in S5, Smee keeps calling Jim "Captain" before incessantly blabbing about his band of pirates. Seriously, this is how the Winx learn that they've been teaming up with the Peter Pan baddies all this time icon_confused.gif Anyways, we get the plot setup for S2: Despite his heroic image, Peter Pan was a "young man only interested in himself" (Jim's words!), and Tinkerbell grew bitter after PP left her, and her good magic turned dark. Meanwhile, TB's only remaining loyal ally is the Shaman (and how is she talking, since S1 made a point of her having to steal Annabelle's voice?) who reassures her that soon they'll have new powers that will make them unbeatable (OOH!)
- So anyways, the main crux of this whole issue is Wendy Darling, who convinced PP to stay on Earth, and so they head to London to track her down... in their Winxmobile: "Speed, comfort, and reliability. That's our Winxmobile smile.gif" (Aisha) Turns out she runs an orphanage, and she's bringing some kids to Kensington Park. While Bloom's following her, TB and S comment that Bloom will be the hardest to defeat because "she's strong and smart on her feet" (Shaman's words) but TB reckons that she knows what Bloom's weakness is (OOH!)
- Kensington, and Wendy looks wistfully at a statue of some kid... while the kids get lured to a bridge by shadow creatures who have turned into bunnies, before then attacking the bridge (!) The girls show up, and Bloom tells the others to only use their powers subtly, and Stella decides to light up the lights near the bridge to send the shadows scurrying, but Flora using her vines to prop up the bridge and Aisha using her Morphix powers to seal it back together can hardly be considered subtle... Meanwhile, a shadow creature envelops itself around Bloom and takes on her form before scurrying away, and this will be important...
- The Winx return to the orphanage and Wendy gives them the last letter she ever received from PP, while the shadow returns to the Shaman and TB, who reveal that it's stolen some of Bloom's essence, and use some sort of talisman to turn it into some sort of creature named Vertigo that wouldn't look out of place in J-horror. Hmm...

Episode 2: Peter Pan's Son
Spoiler!
- We open with a montage showing the Winx girls' popularity in New York, London and Paris (meanwhile IRL, I imagine you'd be lucky to casually bump into even a single Winx fan in those cities these days icon_confused.gif) to the point where they're moving lots of CDs (still a thing in their world, apparently, heh) before Annabelle and Louise take their leave (DAWW...)
- According to Wendy's letter, PP went by "Peter Barrie" on Earth (I'll give you a moment to get the reference icon_wink.gif) and had a son named Matt (for some reason, I'm reminded of W.i.t.c.h.) Meanwhile, during all this, Stella is busy spray painting a canvas ("Should I add more yellow?") and manages to accidentally spray Aisha (LOL!)
- There's a bunch of "code FF's" approaching the Winxmobile, and after a bunch of build-up to make it seem ominous... it turns out to be a bunch of fans who want their autographs icon_biggrin.gif Flora fobs off the fans by promising a fan meeting in Kensington Park, even offering special activities, which it seems the others aren't too fond of actually having to do (and causing Aisha to get sprayed again LOL)
- Time for some nighttime spy work, and nice synchronized de-robing by the Winx icon_smile.gif Flora notices how strange that London is deserted tonight (and I'm typing this bit up while my dad's watching London Has Fallen, which also features a similar situation) It gets very foggy, and Bloom gets separated from the rest... and has her first encounter with Vertigo, which ends with her tripping over a building top wall (!!!)
- The encounter turns out to be just a (very vivid) dream, and the Winx talk about it... "Why are you up late at night? I can't sleep with the lights on!"... says Musa wearing her headphones and nightmask... Aisha pulls off the 'phones and they're very loud (LOL) Back in Neverland, we learn that Vertigo's schitck is to break down anyone's confidence, even Bloom's, and she doesn't take orders from anyone, "not even a little fairy like you playing queen" (her own words!)
- Fan meeting! Venomia's here as well (though she's not the focus of the scene) and we get to see Stella signing her CDs with a simple star and eventually fainting over the masses of fans, plus a nice sight gag of Tecna trying to take a selfie with a glutload of fans (HEH!) The real issue is that a girl (obviously Vertigo) manages to sneak in a webcam (which looks like a mini-version of Ace's drones from WOW S1 smile.gif) and Bloom doesn't allow this... This eventually leads to Bloom trying to rescue the girl hanging from the rafters, who (surprise) turns into Vertigo and Bloom ends up having to be saved herself by Aisha. So apparently, this Vertigo character is affecting Bloom both physically and emotionally... Darcy would really love this character smile.gif
- Tecna's sleuthing brings up a cafe, and Stella decides to pass themselves off as door-to-door pastry chefs (is that a thing? LOL) which means, time for a strawberry cake-themed music video (sweet!) While investigating at the cafe, Bloom runs into Vertigo like three times, and at one point Musa insists that no one was there because her super-sensitive hearing would have heard her (not that super sensing powers prevented Darcy from being snuck upon by Aisha though...)
- Anyways, the only leads they get from the cafe is that Matt was fired for being arrogant, and he wanted to work in the theater. Bloom encounters Vertigo again, this time seeing her drive the Winxmobile instead of Aisha, and while riding to the theatre she brings it up to the others. Bloom hasn't been sleeping very well, and in her own words, she's afraid of dreaming (!)
- Back to spy work, for real this time... So the Winx casually break into the theater, and Flora wonders why Matt wanted to become keeper of the theater (even though that isn't what they were told) Musa and Tec eventually find a lead: a painting of stars on a fresco... M: "What do you need to take a long trip?" T: "A good reason? A suitcase?" M: "A destination" Musa has Tecna take a photo with her Winxwatch...
- Bloom finds herself in a familiar fog as Stella splits off from her, and the voice of Vertigo responds "Consider it just a little deja vu!" V: "Your friends can't see me!" B: "I'll find you, that's for sure" V: "You'll have to deal with me alone, if you don't want to put your friends in danger!" And Vertigo has a extra-dirty trick up her sleeve: Similar to with the Winxmobile, her own friends end up taking on Vertigo's appearance (like I said, physical and emotional element)
- Bloom's fight is almost purely psychological: Her friends (who appear to her as Vertigo) are trying to get her to trust them, while Vertigo (in the guise of Bloom herself) tries to goad her into attacking the "Vertigoes"... Pretty heady stuff compared to the mothership. Bloom hears: "Don't trust what you see, trust what your heart feels" With her resolve, the Vertigoes turn into her friends, and Bloom has this speech about accepting her nemesis, before shooting a fire attack at Vertigo, stripping her of her essence, which she takes back... Bloom notes that this is an agent of Queen TB, and as Musa realizes that they won't be safe even on Earth, Queen TB is busy cooking up a new Nemesis for Musa named Banshee, named after a creature known for its screams (Which makes me wonder, since we only saw that shadow agent steal Bloom's essence, how is Queen TB getting everyone else's?)

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jun 25 2017, 8:38 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Episode 1
Spoiler!
I am not keen on new powers straight off the bat it never felt justified at least in the regular seasons the upgrade was explained and was in some cases earned. This just sort of happened
Well that Tinkerbell power upgrade never happened
Its a shame Shaman was underused

Episode 2
Spoiler!
what happened to Aisha paint stripe (a theme throughout of obvious mistakes)
next stage paris yet they showed a clip of them performing confusing the time line
Flora wrote the lyrics it did not seem to fit in context wise
What is it with WOW being dropped and everyone but 2 surviving for a bit. It just didn't make much sense. I know music fits with the concert tour but like all Winx seasons it is casually dropped for a new idea. With only Roxy and Daphne surviving to play in other seasons. The Pixies did makes short reappearance (I know that last sentence is not to do eith WOW)

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Jul 3 2017, 4:28 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

First go-through, I did think the ep 2 opening montage was a montage of their tour so far, but the references to their Paris and NYC stops being upcoming gave me pause...

Episode 3: The Alligator Man
Spoiler!
- While Jim is testing Smee's courage in the World of Dreams, they come across and end up getting chased by the Crocodile Man (last seen in NYC back in S1) Meanwhile the Winx are still in London, where Flora casually magics up a watering can for her flowers (nice) and Bloom and the others are peering over the fresco clue from last episode, and Stella snarkily asks if Tec has an app that can solve this puzzle... Tec: "I'd have to know more about the code" Tec is trying to analyze the patterns by putting pretzels on the table LOL, and Stella casually grabs a pretzel and eats it: "Science and logic? Not very helpful now. Might as well wish upon one of these stars" T: "Maybe you can do that quietly so we can concentrate" Stella does so openly, and Tecna condescendingly explains she was being sarcastic...
- Suddenly, they're whisked off to meet the Spirit of the World of Dreams... not because of the semi-sarcastic wish, but because someone needs their help urgently. Since the Matt issue's also urgent, though, that means a split-up, so Flo, Aisha and Tec are going off to the World of Dreams (and transform into Onyrix of course), while the rest are heading off to look for Matt, leaving them to peer over the puzzle...
- World of Dreams: Croc Man is immune to direct magic, so they have to take him down with indirect magic (shades of "Beware of the Wolf" perhaps?) by having Aisha knock over trees with her Morphix, before having Jim and Smee run to safety. Eventually, Tec gets knocked over... but Croc Man doesn't come in to finish the job, raising her (and the others') suspicions... Flo tries using her vines to toss rocks at Croc Man, Croc Man manages to break free and run off...
- London: Musa uses her brains (haven't seen that happen in a decade LOL) and suggests that it's a map, not of the sky, but of somewhere else... resulting in Stella snarkily superimposing the stars over a map of Hollywood icon_biggrin.gif Musa tries it with other cities and ends up matching the stars to Paris... which just so happens to be the next stop on the tour as per the fan meeting in the last ep. Cue montage of Musa taking in the artists of Paris lol...
- WoD: The girls follow the Croc Man to a cave/tunnel, and in light of what happened with Tec earlier, they surmise that Croc Man's brought them here to show them something... Paris:
Right in front of the iconic Eiffel Tower, the Winxmobile is swamped by fans, prompting Stella to consider making a rockumentary about the band LOL... and Stella's mock interview includes a question on whether Musa would consider having a tour stop here (they apparently already do have a tour stop here, so HUH.) Bloom decides to have Musa track down Matt because she has the best stealth moves, and use Stella as a diversion to keep their fans from noticing...
- Night time in Paris: While Musa's doing the usual rooftop parkour (even including a nice POV shot), Queen TB and Shaman talk about Musa: "She's good, fast and strong" "But Banshee is stronger, my queen"... Musa finds a picture of a kid with a telescope at Notre Dame... and soon comes across a guy with a telescope (!) This is Matt, but he's not interested in talking with Musa and rushes off quickly, and Musa tries to use her sound harmony powers to keep track... and this is where Banshee comes in and interferes with her spell (!) Based on her brief contact with Bloom and Stella, it appears that Banshee is also affecting her mind as well (I guess this will be a recurring theme?)
- WoD (World of Dreams): Flora puts up her defensive vines as she sees someone coming, though we can clearly see from the get-go that it's just Jim and Smee... J&S reveal that Queen TB created the Enchanted Swamp to trap the most powerful creatures on the island, including the titular Alligator Man, Croc's brother (Ooh!) J&S agree to guard the tunnel while the girls go in... There's plenty of sticky green mud that sticks to the girls' wings (Tec gets a nice "Oh geez" reaction face lol) so they decide to walk, eventually coming across Croc Man standing in front of Alligator's cell... but Tecna asks: "If this is a jail, then where's the jailer?"
- Turns out that they're apparently inside someone, and worm creatures come out of the mud to attack everyone (!) "Tell it we're not here to do it any harm!"... says Aisha to Flora, before hitting one of the worms coming out from the mud with her Morphix, and two more come out like a hydra. Flora's powers don't work since it's a magical being, not vegetal, and eventually the girls end up being dragged into the mud (!!)
- Notre Dame: It's a battle between Musa's mad parkour skillz and Banshee using her scream powers to break up various parts of the facade of the iconic cathedral before tossing rooftiles at her (and I saw Musa disappear for one frame at the end of one shot icon_confused.gif), and Bloom and Stella are on their way to help bail her out... while back in the WoD, we end the episode on the other girls finally getting themselves submerged in the mud (!) Similar to ep 2, pretty intense stuff compared to the mothership...

Episode 4: Mermaids on Earth
Spoiler!
- Banshee's destructive voice is tearing up the facades at Notre Dame real good, as Musa winds up backing herself up against a ledge... as we cut back to the World of Dreams, where Tecna is the first to emerge from the mud in a protective bubble... and the others soon follow, plus both Croc and Gator Man (even though the last we saw of the latter he was in still in his jail cell icon_confused.gif) thanks to Aisha's power over fluids... After emerging from the cave and clearing things up between the brother reptile men and J&S, Jim takes out a sheet of paper, which magically unfolds into a map that shows their current progress in gaining allies, not unlike a similar map in one of the more recent My Little Pony seasons... Jim also warns the girls that looking for PP's son is "chasing an impossible dream" (his words!)
- Back in Paris, Bloom and Stella join the party (their words)... and it only takes one Banshee scream to knock them into a tree (!) Musa tries to retaliate and gets thrown back into the roof, and a stray piece of wood flies off and strikes the nearby church bell... which makes Banshee cringe in pain. Huh, the sound-based villain is allergic to melodious music... Musa realizes this and uses her magic to play "Sparkles of Light" on the church bells, and it sounds awesome smile.gif
- After obliterating Banshee with the music, Musa checks on the others... Flo and the others have returned, and Flo lowers the girls from the tree using her vines (first time they've been useful in this spinoff icon_wink.gif) No sooner than they're congratulating themselves on a job well done, they go back to the SotWoD (Spirit of the World of Dreams), meaning the girls who just went to the WoD barely got themselves any down time (!)
- Anyways, Queen TB turned the mermaids' lagoon into a cesspool, and three mermaids have escaped to Paris (how convenient, tm Dana Carvey) While they're looking for the mermaids, TB and S decide to chat about Stella, and Stella gets talked up as being "optimistic, positive and full of energy" TB: "Seems like she only has good qualities" (You'd think her somewhat ditzy portrayal would be a weak point though)
- Stella offers to teach them how a mermaid thinks so they can find the mermaids, and even gives them a nice "casual" look icon_smile.gif (even if you'd think the similarities between outfits would draw attention to them coming as a group) The first trio of girls they meet pointedly walk around a puddle, and although that would be a dead giveaway in say H2O or Ever After High, here Stella decides that "a mermaid would never dodge water like that"... They end up finding their mermaids lounging at, and playing in a fountain, using their seduction powers to all gather aside the fountain... They all have facial markings, and an extreme close up of one of them using her seduction powers could almost pass for Darcy (right down to the eyeshadow!) One of them has crazy wavy hair with blue streaks that reminds me a bit of Aisha's party-look in 5x08...
- Anyways, the police come in, and they escape by teleporting through the water or something... Aisha uses her powers to determine that they've teleported to a party, and Stella decides that it must be a pool party... which is taking place at the same rooftop pool in WOW 1x05, huh (the big catwalk in the pool now supports a big light rig (which will be important!)) S: "If missions were all like this we'd have a lot more fun icon_biggrin.gif" Musa wants to do this quickly because there are lots of people... and the music is awful (HEH!)
- Stella finds the mermaids and tries to join them, but the wavy-haired mermaid snarks on Stella's scratchy voice (kind of like how certain fans thought of a certain dub), before the other mermaids proceed to mock her dress as well... and this induces a flashback to her pre-Winx years of some other girls mocking her clothes and hair, and refusing to let her lunch with them... Somehow, I don't imagine that the heir to the throne of Solaria would have had much opportunity to wear such clothes and hair, or mingle with plebes in her childhood (esp. since the main series has shown her looking different in her youth)... and of course, this is how TB finds Stella's weakness... (but that's the last we see of them this ep)
- The Winx spot the mermaids hounded by the crowds at the party, and Aisha makes it rain in an attempt to dispel the guests, but the mermaids' seduction power (the Winx call it "charming" power to make it a bit less edgy) just convinces their guests to get into the pool with them (!) Besides tails, the mermaids also gain a more ornate look in the pool, nice... Anyways, so one guy jumps off the diving board and hangs off the lighting rig before dropping into the pool. Wavy-haired mermaid: "What a great idea!" Under their influence, a bunch of other guests jump off the diving board and hang off the lighting rig, making it go all rickety... T: "Did they go bonkers?" LOL
- Wavy-haired mermaid agrees with Musa on the music (heh): "This music is terrible. Let's shock the party Mr DJ, okay?" DJ starts blasting loud music and the lighting rig starts to break up... Flora uses her vines to prop it up, but they're going to need to get everyone out of the pool right now (!) Yeah, good luck with that... Well, Croc and Gator Man suddenly showing up to scare the guests out of the pool certainly qualifies icon_wink.gif
- The DJ narrowly escapes the collapsing light rig, and after thanking the reptile men, the Winx suit up in their spy outfits to chase down the mermaids... Aisha dispels the water the mermaids try to spray at them from a hydrant and the mermaids immediately think they've been sent by the queen, so that doesn't make the chase any easier... So it's basically one big parkour chase, until the mermaids find themselves hanging off a gutter pipe that ends up breaking, and Flora saves them with vines (I guess we've found Flora's niche icon_wink.gif)
- With the mermaids now on Jim and the Winx's side, they head back through the fountain to the WoD, and the Winx resume looking for Matt... Musa uses her sound powers like in the last ep, and it ultimately leads to his flat (huh, he's got a drawing table like Bloom)... and his answering machine, which is where Musa heard's Matt's voice from icon_confused.gif Musa points out that it won't be easy to find a solitary and silent guy like Matt... Meanwhile, Matt is walking down the streets listening to his "iPod" (you wouldn't imagine a scion of Peter Pan using post-millennial tech) as some creep is tailing him (dun dun dun!)

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jul 5 2017, 4:04 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Episode 3

Spoiler!

Convenient that the tour and Matt are in the same place. However leaving that aside I found my self hoping Banchee would be different to Blooms version it does appear to be the case which is nice

Episode 4

Spoiler!

Well it does set a theme for nemesis 1 on 1 with the others losing/not being there/insert other reason. Which works but it could at time do without the other girls being made a fool of.
I get the spy, work in the shadows but why not transform. I mean the ringing the bells will not attract any attention will it?
I cannot work out the mermaids at one point there dominating and in control the next like frightened little girls. They feel like a missed opportunity and it is very disappointing and yet the mermaids for being water based are very good with legs. I
There just seemed to be a lot of nothing with the mermaids believing Winx being on the Queens side (I thought they were around the World of Dreams from what the Spirit said). So surely they know they are not

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Jul 9 2017, 4:15 PM
Post #6

Bloomix Fairy

@Marty regarding Ep 4: Yeah, I would've expected a little bit of seduction from the mermaids during the chase instead of them just running scared icon_confused.gif

Episode 5: Fashion School Thrills
Spoiler!
- Sloppiness: The word "RECAP IN" flashes on the screen for a frame between the end of the recap and the actual episode title... We open on the shark gang being chased by the shadow creatures and they get picked off one by one. One of them decides to use his zombie powers to fight them... and they don't work (HUH?)
- Matt's Paris flat, where the girls are investigating the owner's whereabouts. Stella leans against the counter because she couldn't get a wink of sleep last night... and it seems that Stella's got some sort of Tracix power thing going on with her Onyrix, because she sees Matt make and eat his breakfast (peanut butter and onion sandwich: "Ugh, terrible taste in food" icon_biggrin.gif) and more pertinently, sees him reading an ad for a fashion school... Meanwhile, that creep peers at the Winx while at Matt's flat, and he's certainly no Nabu...
- What's with the wide shots portraying the Eiffel Tower as being surrounded by a bunch of buildings? Pretty sure there's a good amount of empty space around the real Eiffel... While parkouring across town, the Winx have another meeting with the SoTWoD, and she's being ridiculously vague this time... After some more expositionary dialog, Aisha, Stella and Tec will go on to the fashion school, which the rest transform to go off to the WoD, where Musa uses her supersonic hearing to detect the trouble going on...
- After another shot of the unrealistically surrounded Eiffel tower, Stella says they need a cover... T: "Maybe we won't be recognized" S: "Uh huh, not likely" But Stella does have those scissors from last season's fashion show ep (she calls them Super Sue for some reason) And after a dressmaking scene transition (LOL) they've got new dresses, which Aisha argues might draw more attention (funny, I could say the same thing about the matching outfits in ep 4), which ticks off Stella... Tec says these are called "retro chic", and Stella responds "We can just call it Stella chic" Ego much? "Do you really wanna argue about fashion with me?" Well, some of us remember you arguing about music with Musa... (4K 2x18)
- Fashion school, and Stella gives a lucky student an impromptu re-fashioning, removing the sweater around her waist, pulling out a new sweater out of nowhere (LOL) and wrapping it around her neck... and nice wink shot there, Stella icon_smile.gif And then she takes some guy's phone to message the guy's GF inviting her to an apertif... which she accepts (huh, Stella got lucky) Then makes a first-day student feel much better about attending here... A: "Wow, Stella, you're really good with people" Tec's also impressed as Stella explains that "You just need to look at their faces to understand their inner problems" Aisha tries to point out that "You can't say you know someone's true inner self from one passing glance" S: "So you're saying I'm being superficial?!" Tecna tries to tell Stella to focus on what's important like finding Matt, but Stella responds "I do focus on what's important" (Did we mention that the music argument mentioned above happened while they were trying to look for the Trix at Cloud Tower?) "And if you're both so smart, then why don't you go find Matt by yourselves?!"
- After a brief static shot of the fashion school (replete with static random people standing in the courtyard LOL) we meet Sophie the designer and Nadine the model from WOW S1 (!) as they're making a dress for Sophie's blue collection. Stella likes it, and also learns about Matt as Sophie calls him "high and mighty", for he is in her class... Just like what the guy at the cafe said...
- Matt is preparing a fashion shoot, and we (along with Aisha/Tec) get to see how much of a pain he is, as he makes makeup glitter up the female model who's wearing a star on her face, and is extremely picky about the flower he wants as part of the shoot (he has a photo of the particular type he needs, which will be important later), and then comes up with the idea of having the male model carry a heavy shield... Next thing you know, the models, Matt, and Aisha/Tec get sucked into portals, and so do the other people in the hall Stella is walking through right now, which can only mean one thing: Nemesis... This one's named Obscura, and she's not J-horror ready like Banshee and Vertigo, but she envelops Stella in a shadowy realm...
- WoD: Bloom and the gang find the pirates stuck in shadow cages, and none of their spells are suitable for freeing them... Flora comments that there has to be a way for opening the shadow traps without harming the pirates... and we immediately jumpcut back to Stella, crying and stuck in Obscura's shadow realm (not just a 4K "euphenism" anymore! icon_biggrin.gif) And as with Vertigo, there's a psychological aspect to this one, as Stella's given a vision of the insults she's taken in her childhood, such as being loud and her jokes not being funny... until it's clear that Obscura is making those visions call her things like ugly and boring. S: "Nobody likes me! I'm alone!"
- We then get a "flashback" to when she and the others were entering the fashion academy, but instead of the positive response she got from earlier, everyone spurns her, and she ends up making Aisha and Tecna disintegrate in her vision (!) In the WoD, Queen TB comments that she's self-destructing from her innermost fear... that no one likes her (!)
- Stella is crying badly in her vision, when she is touched from behind... by her own younger self (!) who reassures that that she will never be alone as long as she has friends": "They will always be there for us, and you know it! That's what true friends do!"
- Stella thinks about what her friends actually told her at the fashion academy, and this charges up Stella... and Obscura is shocked to see her vision dissipate. S: "My friends... They are my light! They will always be part of me!" Stella attacks Obscura with her light and she shatters... She sees the dudes she helped with their date and asks if she's still in the nightmare, but only gets: "Jacket or no jacket?" "Jacket icon_smile.gif" Everyone else rematerializes, and it seems only A/T have any awareness of anything happening to them. They're about to go talk to Matt when Stella suddenly shows up and rambles on and on about how much she cares for her friends and stuff, which really discombobulates them... S: "You don't hate me do you?" T: "What are you saying? You are, and will always be, our Stella"
- Meanwhile, Matt has gone out to the hall to clean his cam lens after the photoshoot when he's suddenly attacked by the creep with a bit of sleep sand and takes off across the rooftops, which can only mean one thing: Spy outfit parkour chase! Creep uses his scorpion amulet to seemingly summon a sea creature, so A/S have T continue chasing the creep while they attack the creature... Creature turns out to be an illusion, resulting in them hurtling towards the ground, so T has to bail them out anyway...

Episode 6: The Girl in the Stars
Spoiler!
- Back to the WoD, where the girls are still trying to free the pirates from their shadow cages, and on top of their attacks not working, they get attacked by shadows, who form a tornado around them. Musa tells Bloom that the shadows have already used this trick on them, but only Stella would know how to deal with them, as the TB and Shaman begin to gloat...
- Paris! Whereas the others are conceding defeat, Aisha... not so much: "Let's pick a direction! We can't leave Matt alone!" Meanwhile, the creep is climbing vines and wondering how Matt can be so heavy... when one of the vines suddenly break, but luckily he catches another on the way down...
- Back in the WoD, the girls decide to combine their powers... Their convergence dissipates the tornado a la the main series' season 1 finale (from over a decade ago!) and also dissipates the cages as well (!) However, one group of shadows manages to re-cage one of the pirates, and Bloom trying to blast one of the shadows just splits it into two (a la Jim from the first ep of this season) Flora points out that Queen TB's negative energy is what's making them unbeatable and decides to neutralize it, but TB scoffs at her efforts and uses her powers to grow some more shadow trees...
- Flora emits a blast so powerful, it goes straight through TB's "mirror", making her double over in pain... and also makes a bunch of grass, leaves and flowers grow all over the area, before blasting the shadows into flower petals... Cool, and even the Shaman seems to agree: "What an incredible power" But TB retaliates by increasing her magic to blow away the foliage Flora has just grown and restore its darkness, and even throws in a tornado for extra measure to suck in the pirates and knock Flora over, before dropping to her knees in exhaustion herself, because she needs time to recover... TB: "Nature is her friend, but soon it will be her worst enemy" I sense a Nemesis coming on... (but that'll have to wait, since it's nothing but the Matt storyline for the rest of the ep)
- Paris, and the girls finally catch up to creep + Matt again, and Tec manages to snap them with her Winxwatch before he gets away again, scanning his height, weight and speed (how... Baymax-like) The chase continues, and creep places an octopus trap for Stella to trip (a la the Switzerland eps from last season) Stella gets blown clear off the building top, and thankfully, she's rescued by Bloom. Wait, Bloom?
- Back at the rooftop pool, Flo and Musa show off the backup they've gotten... I guess TB's exhaustion allowed them to rescue their pirate friends? Nice bit of comic relief with two of the pirates trying to veg out in the pool, much to the rescued pirate captain's chagrin... and after ordering the others to stop he gets dragged into the pool as well icon_biggrin.gif Bloom lets the two stay, and hilariously, they're then shown sitting on inflatable chairs in the pool as they say "Bye-bye" (HEH!)
- So anyways, the gang decides to split into three, each pair also getting a pirate on their team (and of course Stella gets paired off with Bloom) B/S and T/A get busy trying to chase down the creep up the Eiffel Tower and down the Seine, with Bloom heating up the tower to make the creep fall, the creep using a parachute to head to a speedboat in the river (bypassing the protective shield Stella's set up to catch Matt a la 3x01 in the process), T/A's pirate driving them down the river in their speedboat (even looks like they pass a fishing boat at one point, but I'm guessing it's probably a trash boat), the creep summoning a squid creature to hold off the Winx, and more of the usual parkour icon_smile.gif
- While all this is going on, F/M's pirates are just lounging in the pool, and splashes Flo when she kindly suggests going off to save Matt LOL... M: "With pirates, you need an iron fist" But Musa's approach also gets her splashed LOL x2 The pirates point out they don't have their zombie powers, but Musa calls them out since their colleagues are giving it their all... The others have lost track of the creep, so they head back to the rooftop pool, and join in the convo, as the leader points out they have ethics... "Ethics? Who's this uh Ethics?" "Sure not a friend of mine" LOL! Captain: "We're a crew! We should help each other just like them!" The other Aussie-sounding pirate convinces the loafers to join the cause, even if he can't even be bothered to remember the name of that dude they're trying to rescue icon_biggrin.gif F: "A single snowflake looks so fragile, but we all know what they can do when you put them all together" Pirate: "I don't get it" B: "Ugh, just move now! It's your captain's order!"
- The Winxwatches still can't find the creep, but one of the other pirates says "Sometimes the simplest means are the most efficient" and takes out a telescope to spot him. You'd think that if it was that easy the Winxwatches would have spotted him first... So back to the chase, where the creep ziplines down a wire to evade the pirates, so the pirates transform... because of their kinship I suppose, and make short work of getting their loot (their words) back and scaring off the creep... After the pirates take their leave, Matt wakes up in the Winxmobile and sees the Winx and says "Actually, not a bad awakening" (Wow, that'll go over the heads of the kids in the audience smile.gif) But Matt is skeptic whether they've hidden video cameras (I guess he watched their reality show last season?) Matt recognizes the Winx, and snarks that on TV they look better, prompting Musa to have to restrain Stella LOL!
- Matt: "Your band is pretty good, I like your vibes" After an awesome but brief Musa solo with Matt on guitar thumbsup.gif we find out that Matt liked their first single, but thought the rest was garbage (a sly nod to how the show's gotten recently maybe?) "The sound is a bit too naive" Musa seems offended, but Matt is willing to offer some tips as he shreds on the guitar... Flora's amazed by his skills, but Stella calls him a braggart, and practically orders him to listen to what they have to tell him... Matt: "Maybe I'm the most misunderstood talent ever? Yeah, thanks, I knew it already" LOL!
- After being brought up to speed on things, he initially says "I've never seen my father", but then Musa shows him the letter to Wendy... which prompts him to take out a scroll he's been carrying around and that telescope-thing we saw earlier, and views the letter through it to verify it's the same handwriting... Turns out this is a kaleidoscope, and this and his parchment are the only things his dad left him. Bloom reads the parchment through the kaleidoscope: "Look for the second to your right. You'll find your future"
- Just in case you don't get the reference, the Winx and Matt head back to the Notre Dame and view the stars on the telescope kid engraving from ep 4 through the kaleidoscope.. and we finally learn what the title of the episode means, as they discover a picture of a beautiful girl. Matt thought it was just a wonderful dream, but the Winx tell Matt about his PP roots, the fact they're fairies, and the whole point of their mission, bewildering Matt, but he's got an idea: find the most beautiful flower in the world to honor his love... and on that note he disappears (Literally!)

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jul 11 2017, 4:00 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

episode 5

Spoiler!

didn't they go to the school last season so shouldn't they be noticed given the fashion show and all. Only 1 person noticed her weird
Stella clearly does not get discrete
I am growing to like Nemesis as its a nice interesting bit of character focus and my initial fear was it would be all the same. There has been variety so far
I don't get how Stella (illusion) can chat to Stella (real). Surly Nemesis could have made sure that did not happen. Did seem a bit of a cop out
Erm Techna I think Stella was looking for a "No, we don't" not your are Stella

episode 6

Spoiler!

well best episode of the season so far which felt most balanced and seriously what power from Flora
Is there anything Tecna cannot programme that watch to do

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jul 19 2017, 4:42 PM
Post #8

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 7: A Flower in the Snow
Spoiler!
- Picking up right off the end of 6, the Winx immediately go into spy parkour mode to confirm that Matt really has just disappeared, before we head to the WoD with Queen TB... outside of her throne room for once, as she heads to a lake. We get a nice tender moment with the queen, as she takes off her crown and lets down her hair to look at her reflection in the pool (and she looks cute in this look icon_smile.gif)... as Matt materializes in the area, wondering what he just did. More importantly, he recognizes the hair-down TB as the girl in the stars (!) TB: "Who are you?" Matt: "Someone who has seen your face in the stars above" TB does think Matt is familiar, and we get a rare TB smile that isn't a villain smirk...
- Matt: "Your beauty deserves a gift of equal majesty" Matt takes out the flower photo last seen at the Fashion School and resolves to find the most beautiful flower for her... and on that note, Matt disappears again. TB fawns over Matt for a bit, but decides that she can't let her weakness prevail (her words) and decides to create Stony out of (what else?) stones...
- Matt materializes in... some snowy area, and finds, well, see episode title, but that creep from the last ep shows up and that can only mean one thing: Tentacled monsters... Over to the WoD, where the Onyrix'd up Winx tell Jim about Matt, which Tec adds that he's "definitely not shy about telling you how great he is" A: "Or that his ideas are big... Really big" LOL! Jim asks if they think Matt can change the queen back to TB, and Flo uses a flower to illustrate the deal with Matt: "Part of him is good and sensitive" A: "But the other part is self centred and childish" F: "You just need to look deeper"
- Back to the Winxmobile in Paris. Musa's trying to track Matt with his voice (A: "Since he talks loudly and a lot, that should be easy" HEH!) Tec tries searching all the cameras on earth for Matt (B: "There must be trillions of cameras" I think you're a few orders of magnitude off there), but since Matt was looking for a flower, Flora decides to send out an all-plant alert to look for Matt... And once they've found him, Flora will travel through Earth's root system to get to Matt. Pretty sure not all roots on Earth are connected... Makes for a cool visual tho...
- Back to the WoD throne room, where TB asks the Shaman to leave her alone, and she also notes that Matt seems to have a kind of magic that can block hers since she can't find her through her mirror (how convenient) and suspects that he must have been sent to weaken her... Surprise surprise, she wants to destroy him... Meanwhile, the creep's out there trying to kidnap him again, using his usual array of explosions and an illusion creature for good measure...
- Matt's down for the count and the creep takes out his bag of sleep sand again, but then Flora materializes from a flower in the snow and sees the creep, and uses vines to trip him, causing his amulet to break. Creep somehow disappears while Matt and Flo are talking, and Matt takes the broken amulet piece before going off to look for his flower, in spite of Flo warning him that the creep is proof that going off to the WoD on his own is dangerous. Matt: "Destiny is a big idea Flora, and I'm all about..." F: "...Big ideas, I know!"
- And here comes Stony, who has the power of turning all plants into stone... Flora shoots vines at the nemesis, but she just turns them into stone, and she even turns Matt into stone (!) Flora can no longer connect to nature, and that's because according to Stony, there is no more nature... But there's still plenty of rock, and Flora blew up the rock at the library in 6x08, so what gives?
- Anyways, Stony blows up the "mountains" to toss stone at Flora, and even summons an avalanche for good measure... Flo tries to get Matt to wake up (what on earth is she thinking?) before falling into a rock pit... Flo climbs back up and tells Matt to think about the girls in the stars, as she Flora continues to get Stony-slapped. You wouldn't think this would work, but we get an obvious and cheesy-looking CG effect of the stone falling off Matt... Matt is bewildered that he did it on his own, but back to the fight: Matt tries to strike Stony in the back and has a hilarious OW OW OW reaction icon_biggrin.gif "Hitting stone... bad idea. Big idea, but bad!"
- Flora finally manages to get nature's help, and uses vines to protect Matt from a stony avalanche thumbsup.gif But Flora really needs to learn that vines don't restrain villains for long, especially not villains with the power to change nature to stone... Stony breaks her vines and starts to encase Flora in stone spires: "Feel like a bird in a cage, Flora?" Flo tries retaliating with her vines, and well, see last sentence...
- Stony: "Your precious nature won't save you this time!" Flo: "Nature is alive! You can't destroy it! Life is stronger than anything else!" And Flo manages to blow up the rock cage a la, well, the rock in 6x08... before basically strangling Stony with a bucketload of vines, restoring nature, and turning her into a statue that quickly crumbles... After a nice long convo about why they shouldn't pick this particular flower (which matches his photo), Matt decides that he's going to save the world of dreams before going to see his girl, and on that note Flora says: "Welcome to team Winx!"
- Paris concert, and we get to see the rest of the Winx perform a pre-show soundcheck, before cutting to night time, where the live show is preceded with video from their show with Annabelle and Louise... Here's Venomia (remember her?) Spectator: "The Winx are so awesome! Even their soundcheck rocks!" Venomia: "Don't get your hopes up" Right before the concert, Flo materializes backstage with Matt, and Aisha seems peeved at this, but anyways, the Winx perform their song and Matt grooves along to the Winx's music...
- Winxmobile... They've got a few minutes before have to go out again, and looks like Aisha is skeptical about Matt's change of heart: "So tell us Matt, why did you decide to help us save the World of Dreams?" Flo tries to smooth things out, but Aisha insists "I mean what I ask" Matt concedes that Aisha is probably skeptical, but the Winx suddenly hear mayhem from the crowd: The concert is on fire (more specifically, the wires heading from the mikes!) Aisha spots the fountain from the mermaid episode, and you'd think Aisha would be more prudent than to callously spray water at an electric fire... and this will in fact be important in the next episode. Musa's really ticked off that Aisha just went ahead with spraying the electric fire with water, when she's got a more electricity-friendly fire extinguisher at the ready... Musa manages to get the mike working again to allow Bloom to inform the crowd of technical difficulties... and Venomia has recorded the chaos, plus even come up with a snappy headline: "'Winx Flame Out'... Catchy huh?"
- Bloom decides it's better off to cancel the rest of the show, and she's worried that the saboteur is working for the queen, and Stella adds: "Too bad earth people aren't ready to accept fairies yet. Bye for now public..." Matt offers his help, but Aisha is disgusted about the notion of having to hear more of his big ideas, and shoves him aside, and even when Aisha is walking off in disgust, she's still strutting her stuff smile.gif Surprise surprise, a shadow creature has sneakily spied on Aisha heading back to the Winxmobile...

Ep 8: Tiger Lily
Spoiler!
- We open in the WoD, where this this tribal lady (no prizes for guessing who she is) is talking with the SoTWoD, and sensing that Matt is training in London. Apparently there's this prophecy about how the chosen one will save the WoD, with "his courage, his force, and his distinctive spirit" (accompanied with a really nice animated sequence) However, things aren't going well with the actual Matt: Matt just fell into the water at a dock, and complains to Aisha about the bitter water... A: "Come on, what did you expect, fruit juice?" icon_biggrin.gif
- TL: "The final clash has started" SoTWoD: "Let destiny unfold!" Aisha is pushing Matt through his paces, and he's not doing very well at all, struggling with climbing a chain link fence, and getting hooked by a tire he's been asked to kick because he wasn't looking where he was going ... We finally see him starting to do well, dodging a bunch of basketballs, and Aisha tosses a tennis ball... and Matt ends up getting knocked out by that (LOL!) A: "I said, never drop your guard!"
- During a chat between the Winx, Aisha tells them that "There's no time for patience" when it comes to making a warrior out of the weaksauce Matt... as TB watches Aisha splashing the fire at their sabotaged Paris concert with water, and decides she's impulsive, hasty, and impatient. Somehow, I think Bloom, Stella or even Musa would fit that description more... Anyways, Aisha's goggled Nemesis will be called Synca...
- London show already... Matt: "They're beyond amazing when they play live!" Venomia sneaks behind Matt, and though Matt seems to notice her, instead of tailing her he just keeps dancing. Uh, seriously? Venomia sabotages the London show by futzing around with the sound console, sending the crowds scurrying... Aisha intends to fix it, but Bloom says there are too many people, prompting Aisha to comment: "What people?" Venomia comes out with her usual venomous comments: "When you do have time, go read my poisonous review" And to add injury to insult, Matt manages to trip on the mike cord LOL!
- Bloom decides to have Jim and friends take care of Matt's training, and Matt is incredulous to find out that they're talking about his father's worst enemy, but Aisha reassures him that he's on their side now... So anyways, this means our first six-way Onyrix transformation since the first episode. Might as well review the new transformation so far... We have a similarly-paced transformation sequence to Dreamix, though it feels faster with all the flashiness in it... The outfits are nicely elegant (as always icon_wink.gif) but there seems to be no explanation as to why most of the girls are not in their usual colors, or even why unlike Dreamix, it's only ever used in the WoD (Another example of the franchise ignoring a potentially interesting aspect...)
- WoD! So Matt can now apparently teleport himself there at will... Not surprisingly, Jim is also incredulous at the idea of training PP's son, and wastes no time roughing him up LOL. Matt: "Hey, call those manners do you?" Jim takes every opportunity to can to trick Matt and have him fall over... A: "I've told you a thousand times! Never drop your guard!" Matt: "I get it, I get it!!" Jim decides he'll need some of his teammates to help... Croc Man manages to fall Matt just by slobbering all over him LOL... Next up is one of the pirates... Matt: "Take it easy pal! You can hurt me with that you know!" He does seem to hold his own, until it's revealed that he's been shoved into the ground icon_biggrin.gif Gator Man apparently projects some sort of heat beam directly at Matt's fists or something making his fists hot, before splashing him out of the area...
- Bloom tells Jim to take it easy on Matt because it was his first time with a sword, but Jim tries convincing Bloom by having him fight with Smee... It's a more closely matched battle (albeit a rather sloppy one), but even Smee ends up beating Matt (Smee: "I've never won a duel before! Do I get a prize? smile.gif")
- So the last hope is to entrust him with Tiger Lily, the best warrior in Neverland (Smee's words!) And here comes Jim's 3D map... Jim even suggests that TL could make a great ally against the queen too icon_smile.gif So while the Winx get to fly to TL, Matt has to make his way by ground (and wade through a swamp), and Aisha manages to count 94 times he asks "Are we there yet?" but Matt does make a good point in return: "You make it seem so easy... Lend me your wings and we'll see what's what" Heh!
- At TL's teepee, we get a nice battle between the shadow creatures and the Winx + TL, who manages to hit many of the creatures with her tomahawk icon_smile.gif Matt even manages to dodge out of the way of a shadow ball being thrown by one of the creatures, and Aisha is glad he at least learned something... Most pertinent to the character moment Aisha has coming up is that she randomly attacks one of the creatures and it ends up rematerializing behind her (!) Thankfully, TL manages to give it the chop and adds: "Think before you act"... After Stella (of course it'd be Stella) deals with the creatures with her light powers, TL comments that she's never defeated them like this...
- Anyhow, TL says Matt can't be trained... the only way he can become a hero is to find a magic object, more specifically his father's fairy sword, which he brought out of Neverland... Matt: "I've always loved swords!" Back at the Winxmobile, they decide they should ask Wendy Darling... and Matt is excited to hear about the Wendy Darling, but all that will have to wait until morning...
- While the rest are sleeping, Aisha gets lured out by her Nemesis, and we finally get to see Synca in her full glory: with goggles, a big feathery cape, spiky boots and helmet, and most importantly, 5 rings around her sleeves, which light up one-by-one each time Aisha recklessly attacks her. Synca calls her "hilarious", but Aisha responds: "Let's see if you still find me so hilarious after this!" "This" being a water attack directly on Synca (!) The Winx come out and Aisha declares her victory... and of course it turns out to be premature: "You drew that conclusion much too fast! And you got it wrong!" And of course she manages to isolate the other girls out by putting them in a tornado, while throwing Aisha around with another tornado for good measure (!)

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jul 20 2017, 4:16 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Episode 7
Spoiler!

Well as I have said Nemesis so far has not disappointed unlike the Winx concert side thing seems rather pointless as it never worked and felt an unnecessary distraction
So Flora beat hers and Aisha is next. However to suspect fowl play from the Queen seems too far fetched a would look a lot closer to home (i.e. the person who wants them to flop) Venomia
I would like some more variety in all the Winx attacks. It does seem to get rather repetitive especially Flora

Episode 8
Spoiler!

Proved my theory this episode. How has no one noticed is was Skee especially when he shows the necklass (I know its plot related) but seriously
Well it does seem Stella can rather handle the shadow creatures on her own.
Its very true that it does rather fit a few Winx members

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jul 30 2017, 8:48 AM
Post #10

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 9: A Hero Will Come
Spoiler!
- Still with the Aisha-Synca fight, and Aisha tries to splash her again, and this time, Synca sucks the water with her hands, and lights up the last of her five sleeve rings, before using her power to blow Aisha into the chainlink fence (ouch!) While Synca is taunting Aisha, Aisha has a flashback to TL's "Think before you act comment"... and the first thing she thinks is "Why does she keep taunting me?" She finally figures out that Synca's feeding off her energy (took ya long enough), and this bewilders Synca for some reason... The rest of the Winx are in two water-tornadoes, and Aisha asks them "Girls, do you trust me?" before snapping her fingers to basically magic away the water-tornadoes, while Synca begins to depower... Most of the girls land on their feet, while Stella manages to flop hard: A: "Are you okay?" S: "If you ever ask me again, the answer is no! I don't trust you!" Others: icon_biggrin.gif
- Aisha explains the deal with Synca's wristbands for the slower viewers, before telling Synca: "I don't feel like playing anymore" as Synca disappears. A: "This mental fight has destroyed me... almost like training Matt" And speaking of Matt, he's sleeping away, dreaming of his time backstage with the Winx LOL
- Tecna notes that it looks like a tornado hit the place (her exact words) as Aisha takes Matt's blanket and puts it on a table, but Tecna goes one stup further and folds it up and puts it away in orderly fashion, before hilariously struggling to pull away Matt's pillow (reminds me of myself the way he hugs it icon_smile.gif) before fluffing it up... Bloom: "Hey, it's time to visit Wendy" Just like that huh? Aisha sets up an obvious water bucket splash gag, but instead of that, let's go pay Queen TB a visit shall we?... Queen TB shows the Shaman the clip of Tecna folding and putting away Matt's blanket, before commenting that she's an order fiend (is that an actual expression???) and a control freak...
- Morning at Wendy Darling's orphanage, where Wendy is glad to see Matt, and thinks he's the driver of "the greatest pop stars on the planet" (Wendy's words)... Matt tries to claim he's their manager and Aisha's offended LOL. After the usual exposition, we find out that Matt looks like this father, and he was scared of his own shadow when he was a child. Matt explains the whole deal... and clumsily falls off his chair LOL! Wendy decides to show the Winx dad's old room... and we get a new verse of "Get Ready for the Show", the song that accompanied the strawberry cake video from ep 2, while the girls rummage through the room, with a nice gag of Flora catching a teapot and teacups with her whole body (LOL!)
- The search has come up empty, but Matt reminds the girls "I'm the chosen one" as he casually twirls a galleon model around on his finger like a basketball, and it does not end well for the galleon... Turns out that 1) this used to be Peter's, 2) there's a book inside (!) There's a picture of Wendy's childhood home that Peter used to visit, and that "second from the right" clue comes into play again... and out comes the parchment and kaleidoscope...
- Some bizarre art collector named Sebastian lives there now, and the Winx decide to go undercover as art collectors, so out comes Super Sue... and a pair of glasses for Matt icon_smile.gif And Stella makes a ridiculous attempt at a British accent lol... Matt tries to pass off the Winx as being his assistants, which gradually gets Aisha ticked off (you'd think someone who just beat a Nemesis who feeds off her hot temper would learn to keep it down) Between Wendy's former house and PP's old room, a good chunk of the episode is spent on the Winx looking through old stuff... Matt mistakes Sebastian's coffee cup as being part of the collection LOL
- Sebastian's butler Godfrey reveals that the collector has him dust off the whole collection once every two days... and he's very specific down to the second how long he takes icon_biggrin.gif Eventually, Tecna uses her logical vision to note that a mirror and a nearby painting haven't been cleaned, and when Matt and Sebastian come in, Tec points out that art collectors always have a secret place for their best pieces (Matt: "I taught her everything she knows! icon_biggrin.gif") There's an old trunk down belonging to the former residents... and just the mention of it triggers Matt to have a vision of the sword in the trunk (how convenient)
- The mirror turns out to be an elevator, and Matt decides to send in his "assistants" (and Aisha gets really angry and threatens to clobber him LOL) While the Winx are in the vault, the screen through which Sebastian is monitoring them is starting to act up, while the lights in the vault start flickering, before the door slams shut, locking the Winx inside... and we get a spy gear transformation, even though the whole point of this sequence is that they're locked in the vault (!)
- The security system of the vault reactivates and tries shooting them with lasers, and after a bit of dodging, one guess who manages to bend the light right back at them icon_wink.gif After the girls hear some cackling, a blast of paralyzing foam (is that a thing?) comes out from a ceiling vent, and Aisha punches it off the ground and back into the vent: "My ability to control fluid is good for this stuff too!" Next up is a cryogenic gas, and Tecna finally gets the Nemesis to show up: a combination of the robot from Winx S5, a Tron light cycle, Pizazz from Jem... and from the way she glitches around, Vanellope von Schweetz (!) During all this, we check back every so often on the increasingly frantic Sebastian and Matt, and Sebastian points out that this has never happened before (maybe that Nemesis has something to do with it?)

Ep 10: Technomagic Trap
Spoiler!
- We find out that Tecna's Nemesis is named Virus (quite a comedown from names like Obscura and Vertigo), and she's "here to bring you chaos you can't control", while Sebastian further clarifies that the elevator is the only way in or out... Tec manages to sense the cryo-gas tank behind the wall and uses her technomagic to connect to the vault's electronic systems to stop the gas (a la Will in W.i.t.c.h.)
- T: "Okay girls, let's take this witch down" (almost feels like a 4K line there) But Virus has a trick up her sleeve: She directly infects all of the other Winx girls, so essentially we've got a reverse Dark Bloom situation going on, and it's taking all of Tecna's parkour and magic skills to avoid their attacks (even including Aisha bringing out the paralysing foam again!)
- Tecna tries techno-barricading herself against the others, but Musa breaks one of the lights to release sparks into the barricade (and Tec herself briefly flickers while trying to avoid the sparks, pretty sure that wasn't intended) Back outside, Sebastian reveals that the emergency mode has activated, and Matt is frantically trying to think of an idea...
- As Flo uses her vines to take down the barricade, Virus explains that she's turned the friends against Tecna by "hacking into their source codes" (her words!) Tecna tries putting Virus in a sphere, and Virus breaks free and sends a backlash of power against Tecna... Matt decides to try communicating with Tecna telepathically (uh, just like that?) We're shown that the chest with the sword is right next to the door of the vault, even though it wasn't there in other previous wide shots of the vault... Matt decides to telekinetically move it over to Tecna, I guess having a magic bond with the sword can do that LOL
- Matt: "This was my father's sword. It's part of my destiny, and now... I entrust all its powers to you" But Matt's sword isn't doing Tec much favours either... Virus: "What are you doing? You can't beat me like that, you're too predictable" Matt tells Tecna to let the sword guide her: "Let go of logic and follow your instincts!" T: "You predicted every logical move I made... But when I stopped using logic, you lost all your power over me" And one swing of the sword later.... Virus is no more thumbsup.gif (That said, is there really that much of a dichotomy between logic and instinct?)
- The girls wake up from their horrible Virus-infested nightmare, as Tecna explains that "Sometimes it's better to act by instinct, and just let yourself go" before adding that "It was kinda thrilling... in a strange way" Bloom fixes the damage and reverts the girls back to their usual clothes before Sebastian comes in with Matt, and Matt begins to explain what the deal is with the sword when Tecna stops her lol.
- Sebastian thought the security system had activated, and Bloom suggests that it malfunctioned. Seb: "Lucky! Otherwise you probably wouldn't be, well, alive now" Even better, they get the sword "on the house" to apologize... The girls continue touring the vault, seeing old paintings and an ancient Greek statue, and Matt gives Seb some advice: "Don't lock your dreams inside a room... Go out in the world and live them instead!" He suggests that his art is "beautiful and unknown to the world. It's as if it didn't exist!" Matt convinces Sebastian to open a museum... "And if you ever need any help, my assistants will be at your disposal" Aisha does not get mad at that comment but merely adds: "Can't wait for that" icon_biggrin.gif
- After Matt tries out his sword in the Winxmobile, noting that he feels the same power with which he used to help Tec, time to head back to the WoD, where Jim is going over the key points they have to capture to defeat the queen, each of which is a source of power... and Smee repeats everything he says much to his annoyance icon_biggrin.gif Winx and Matt arrive, and the shark pirates laugh at Matt, prompting TL to tell them to show some respect, before noting PP's sword and bringing up the prophecy...
- Matt is much more threatening with PP's sword, and he even manages to play the same trick on Jim as he played on him a few episodes ago: "Remember, never drop your guard!" TL declares that the prophecy is coming true... prompting the pirates to cheer, only for one of them to say: "Wait, what was the prophecy?" LOL Jim adds: "Good to have a hero on our side"
- Stella notes that they brought him here without running into that kidnapping creep, and Flora notes that they never found out who... Well, time to find out: Jim has Smee officially introduce himself, and Matt notices the scorpion amulet around his neck (so that's why they showed Smee tucking it away before his sword fight with Matt), and remembering the amulet piece that he kept from 2x07, uses it to call him out for trying to kidnap him (!)
- Jim is infuriated at Smee trying to kidnap Matt, and all Smee can come up with is: "Kidnap is such a strong word" before Jim uses his pendant to encase the traitor in a hanging bubble... Bloom suggests they should hear what Smee has to say but Jim says: "Pirates take no pity on traitors" Jim thanks the Winx, and after some more exposition, it's time for the Winx to head off to set up their concert in Central Park... S: "One simply can not be late in New York City" F: "Good luck Matt, and remember, we believe in you"
- The Winx fly off and Jim wants to go now to attack the queen, but Matt asks, "Wouldn't it be better if I met the queen alone? I could talk to her and see if..." Jim basically forces Matt into siding with them, and TL says according to the legend, the sword of the hero of the WoD (lots of "of's" here) glows in the dark... Jim and the gang head off and leave Smee behind...
- NYC and some non-descript hall (nice touch with the Italy flag over the main entrance) where Musa is performing the soundcheck... to a group of rapt fans (!) Tecna takes care of the board, Aisha lays down wire, Bloom and Flora paint the background with Matt's favorite flower... and Stella's not doing anything except envisioning their concert (and just like way back in the main series' season 1 cleaning episode, Musa calls her out on it) Venomia: "You're dreaming too big Winx" Venomia says that NYC is where dreams come to die... "Especially yours!" Venomia already has her punny headlines ready for their failure...
- So we get some intercutting between the Winx concert and Matt and Jim's march... In the WoD, Matt has concerns about marching against the queen, and the queen summons out her shadow creatures to take on Matt and friends, while in the Big Apple, there's an earthquake at the venue (wait, what?!) and spectators are frantically trying to escape and discovering the doors are locked (!!!)... Aisha suspects that Venomia has something to do with it... and on top of that, SoTWoD also informs them about the situation in the WoD: "The whole World of Dreams is in danger. It needs you all. NOW!"

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jul 31 2017, 3:34 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Episode 9

Spoiler!

A much more focused episode and a much better balance than when the girls split into 2 groups. It feels like the pace is about right
Well they do like convenient in Winx and feeds into a later overall comments I want to do once we have finished the episodes. A little bit of spoiler so I won't do it until then end
For a guy so security conscious it does seem very easily fooled and open about things like his secret place. He even let the Winx go on there own

Episode 10

Spoiler!

Well that was a big surprise that Jim was not on the Winx side. That was predictable and going back to the more tradition fairy tale
I did think Tiger Lily would be a bit more level headed
So they got the sword for free either that is very nice and just a way of getting around the lack of money or a bit off given it was not his in the first place
Seriously though what is with the scheduling clash for what is going to happen it just feels like they just wanted to remove the Winx from the WOD

--------------------
Deefaree
post Aug 11 2017, 2:10 AM
Post #12

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

QUOTE (SpiderBraids @ Jun 17 2017, 7:53 AM) *
Previously on World of Winx, the girls looked into the kidnappings of a bunch of talented kids from various countries, and went on a journey that took them not just around the world, but also into a world of dreams, and gave them a fabulous new transformation... and the plot point we were most intrigued by, the Peter Pan connection, turned out to be more or less the setup for season 2... Well, here we are, season 2 smile.gif

I really love watching World of Winx! Go girl power! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"
SpiderBraids
post Aug 11 2017, 4:30 PM
Post #13

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (Deefaree @ Aug 11 2017, 9:10 AM) *
I really love watching World of Winx! Go girl power! thumbsup.gif

Nice to see other fans here smile.gif

Okay, the final 3 episodes of Season 2...

Episode 11: Jim's Revenge
Spoiler!
- In the WoD, the queen and the shaman are ready for their final attack, as the shadow creatures have surrounded Jim's party... TL: "What's the plan Matt?" Matt: "Well, since we're surrounded, we really shouldn't split up and..." Whatever, Jim has his own idea, having TL deal with the shadow creatures, having the reptile men use water and rocks to catch them off guard, and have the shark pirates create a passage... Matt: "And me???" Jim: "You go where your sword is needed"
- NYC! Bloom's response to their little dilemma: "This time, the World of Dreams will have to wait" Bloom has an idea, and she needs a diversion. Leave it to Stella to turn out the lights and release some steam... and the big idea turns out to be clones of themselves (a la W.i.t.c.h.'s astral drops) While the clones rock away, the real Winx will try to fix this mess, and Bloom asks Flora to keep things safe and sound... Why her specifically? Who knows, but Flo does seem to have an idea of how...
- Back to the rumble in the WoD, and we get a nice moment of TL yelling to the shadows: "Come on, come and get me!" Meanwhile, Jim is also trying to deal with other shadows: "Nothing can beat Captain Hook! I'm always ready to change my strategy... and escape" Jim makes himself invisible a la the very first ep of WOW... Matt manages to blow away a few creatures, and his reaction is a simple "Whoa" icon_smile.gif Queen TB is observing the shadow creatures being blown away and surmises that Jim's got help... (and as per Flower in the Snow, she can't see Matt through the mirror)
- NYC! Flora makes the trees grow to prop up the venue, while Bloom uses her fire magic to weld a support pillar, but Musa spots another problem: The clones aren't rocking away, and Venomia has come on stage (!)
- WoD, where the fight rages on, with Croc Man fighting a shadow underwater, and Matt helping the rest of the party... Jim observes that "The sword only works in the hands of Peter Pan... or his son" A shadow grabs TL and slams her against the ground... Matt: "That's no way to treat a lady smile.gif" Matt obliterates the shadows, as we cut back to the Queen and the Shaman... (Minor animation mistake: a shadow is shown grabbing TL up by the legs before she can get her tomahawk, but after she kicks herself free, she is holding the tomahawk)
- The Shaman surmises that the invisible enemy is the hero of the WoD, and the Queen says, "Then we'll need to call on all our forces" The summoning is epic by Winx standards... and a bunch of shadows merge into... a three-headed shadow blob. Matt: "Okay guys, it could get worse"
- Back to NYC as Stella says: "It can't get worse than this!" Aisha: "That witch is going to blow our cover" (sounds like a 4Kids-ism) Venomia takes the mic from Clone!Bloom and announces that the Winx have no control over the situation... Bloom and Aisha decide to use their magic to make their clones respond appropriately. Venomia mentions the locked emergency exits, but Tecna manages to get them freed with ther technomagic. Clone!Stella: "You see? Nobody is being forced to stay! But for our real fans, we are totally ready to start this show again!" Venomia tries to get (Clone!)Flora's opinion, and (Real!)Flora has to haul her butt back backstage to get her two cents in: "I have never been so excited!" Musa uses her magic to make the clones play a new song, and the very first line ("I remember the day we met") reminds me a lot of "Party Time"
- Before long though, we cut back to the battle in the WoD, where shadow blob's giving the gang a hard time... like knocking the hook of out Jim's hands and grabbing the zombie pirates by their hook things, and it's taking everything they've got to keep it at bay. Key moment here comes when TL trips and gets lifted by the blob, and even though she's telling Jim to save her, he just runs off (!) Thankfully, Matt's sword saves TL, but it's not long until the blob gets the idea to knock away the sword... Takes quite some time, but he remembers he has telekinesis over the sword, and one whack later, no more blob (!)
- And on the flash of the blob being obliterated, we cut back to NYC for the rest of the song, and the clone Winx rock just like the real thing. Now that the concert's back on, and Venomia has been neutralized (Aisha's words), time to head to the WoD... where Matt is recovering from his heroics... Matt: "Alright then, let's end this fight!"
- Frustrated at not being able to see the hero who blasted her monsters, Queen TB decides to deal with him personally, and her exit from the throne room to the outside is somewhat Darkar-like... Queen begins to taunt the attack party, and begins to summon the creatures of the abyss, only to be shocked to see Matt, which confuses Matt, Jim and TL... The Queen is convinced this must be a trick (shades of Bloom vs. Diaspro?) Matt is surprised to see that this is the girl of his dreams, and TB is surprised to see the guy she met in the woods way back when... Jim tells Matt to beat her for good... Instead, Matt tosses his sword aside and extends his hand to TB: "I won't shatter the dream I've been chasing forever" As Matt helps TB back up, Jim: "You can't trust her Matt, despite all, she's the queen!"
- The Queen dramatically takes off her crown and declares: "I am no longer the queen... I'm... Tinkerbell!" Matt: "WOT?!" TB reveals she was "blinded by envy, seeing others happier than me"... and one of the zombie pirates responds: "Yeah! And now you deserve a great punishment!" TB decides she doesn't need her crown or powers... TL: "She's giving up just like that? Without a fight?"
- TB's crown disintegrates, but since we still got a good two episodes to go, we gotta have conflict. Jim decides he's going to do it himself... but the sword gets hot, making him drop it like, well, a hot potato... and now the Winx have arrived, as Bloom points out she's not even a fairy anymore. Matt: "So, she's no threat to you!" Jim: "She's lying! She's a fake... and dangerous! Have you already forgotten what she did?!"
- TB says her pain doesn't justify her actions, but Jim refuses to forgive her: "Your excuses are not enough! If you put your own love before Neverland's good, you don't deserve to be our hero!" And so, he declares himself the new king of the WoD... TB: "*gasp* You can't do that! How dare you!" Bloom tries to convince Jim that TB deserves another chance, but Jim points out that there were many points she never gave any second chances (including last season's talent kidnappings!) TB tries to appeal to Matt: "I was blinded by my pain caused by Peter Pan!" ... Which gives Jim the opportunity to reveal that PP is Matt's father (!) leaving TB incredulous...
- B: "A king should have mercy Jim. Let her go!" Jim: "A king should listen to his people..." Others: "No mercy!!" Jim: "Can't you see? I'm truly democratic!" B: "Why don't you listen to us?! We're on your side!" A: "We hurried here to help when you were in danger and distress" (Really long pause) Jim: "Danger and distress caused by the queen!" And so, it ends with the Winx in a standoff against Jim to protect TB... Jim: "Betrayers, you'll end up just like her! No mercy for betrayers!!"

Episode 12: Old Friends and New Enemies
Spoiler!
- After the normal recap, we get a "previously-on" style recap of Jim explaining why TB doesn't deserve another chance and Jim declaring himself king, we see Matt taking back his sword, and Jim using his powers to bind TB. Jim: "You are not worthy of this reign!" S: "Oh come on Jim! Are you serious?!" Bloom chews out Jim for deciding to banish the Winx from Neverland after they've helped him so much, but Jim says: "I won't risk putting my new reign in danger, because you side with the queen of betrayal!" Jim uses his new powers to banish the Winx from the WoD for good by portal... and despite Flora's own efforts to use vines to get herself restrained, they all end up going through, leaving Matt behind with Jim and his party...
- Jim proceeds to yell at TB for corrupting Matt, and polluting Neverland, adding "Your vile actions will never be erased!!" TB asks for Matt's help but all he responds is "You are different than I thought, and the woman that I loved" (!) and his incredulous "How could you?!" hurts TB very much... The Shaman comes in to try to fight Jim, but TL's tomahawk deals with him easily. Matt has no choice but to refuse to help before running away, and Jim takes off with TB: "You were so naive falling in love with him. That worthless coward isn't worth half of his father Peter Pan"
- The Shaman knocks TL's foot off his shoulders and adds: "Fighting against each other won't solve anything, Tiger Lily" TL: "Sure Shaman, you've already lost. And your queen is going to pay for what she's done" Shaman: "And you think Jim is different? You have seen it too. A king must be judged by his actions, and he only thinks of himself! He's unable to show any mercy, and he's ungrateful for those who fought next to him! How can you trust a man like that?!"
- The Winx come out in NYC in their spy outfits (with no sign of Flo's vines that got sucked out of the ground), and feel like fools for helping Jim to gain power over the WoD. But no time to think about that, since the zombie pirates and the reptile men have also been sent through to make sure that their exile really is for good...
- Jim brings TB to the lagoon and the mermaids, and explains the whole deal, adding that he wants to prevent any of her old allies from rescuing her. Mermaids want to know what the Winx think about this, but Jim explains that they're betrayers from trying to help TB, and stops TB from trying to defend herself... Mermaids decide to lock her up in their coral prison: strong and lethal, especially when the tide rises (their words)
- NYC! S and T are being chased by the Croc Man... S: "How does he not get tired?!" Croc Man sees the girls running away and decides to jump on a truck to chase them (I guess that's your answer Stella icon_wink.gif) Tecna switches the traffic lights to red, and the truck driver has to slam the brakes, sending Croc Man flying off the roof into a fruit stall... S: "Tecna, you're a genius!" Of course *smile* M and A are running away from Gator Man and jump across a roof gap... and land at a harbour? They're setting up an ambush from Gator Man, but still...
- Back to the mermaids, and TB's locked up, and being called the ultimate betrayer by the mermaids (who have a 4K-like valley girl twang about their voices) Mermaids call TB's imprisonment "The end you deserve" and the purple haired mermaid even tries to use her seduction powers to make TB let herself go to the tide (mermaid's words) And who should show up in a rowboat but... Matt? (And we're probably meant to go "Wha?") Purple hair: "How romantic, he's come to save you" Brown hair: "Oh yeah! But who's gonna save him... from us?" So basically, the mermaids keep attacking Matt on his boat (in an interesting touch, the blonde mermaid is briefly seen approaching with a shark-like fin visible above the water)
- The mermaids use their seduction powers to convince Matt that TB was evil and heartless... at least, that's what it looks like at first, but then Matt winks at TB before telling the mermaids: "The show is over, sardines!" and flinging them away with one swipe of his sword thumbsup.gif Matt rows over to check on TB, before beam-spamming away the coral prison, and quipping: "I'm a born actor, right?" HEH! TB: "I didn't doubt you for a single moment!" Matt comments on TB: "Well, maybe you're not the perfect girl on my dreams..." TB looks disappointed "... but who cares? I can't hide my feelings for you!" But TB still has the issue that she's done terrible things, so no one would ever believe she's changed (let's just say I know that feeling) Matt: "We have to show everyone that the true enemy of the World of Dreams is Jim!" And speak of the devil... Jim shows up and decides to dive into the lagoon...
- NYC again! S and T think they've lost Croc Man, but Tecna has to analyze some data to be sure, in particular, Croc Man's speed and the distance they've run. To paraphrase FG from a 4Kids episode, as hard as this may be for Tecna to accept, her logic is flawed (guess the episode), since Croc Man happens to be sneaking up on her and Stella has to grab her and drag her along LOL... They get back to the ground and Tecna removes a lid marked "NYC SEWERS": "This way!" S:" Uh, are you serious?" T: "You'd rather stay with him?" T and S jump into the sewers, and we see one splash... Tecna mocks Stella for landing in the smelly waste water and Stella responds "You'll pay for this!" LOL!
- Tecna has the logical idea to jump into the waste water to disguise her scent from Croc Man... S: "I thought you wanted to make it up to me" HEH! But looks like Croc Man will just follow their new scent instead... Harbour! Musa senses that Gator Man is below them, and no surprise, they get hit from under the floor, flinging Aisha into the ocean, and Musa into the wall... Gator Man's about to attack when he gets hit by a blast of water courtesy of guess who? But Gator Man gets back out of the water for Round 2 and Musa has to use her mad dodging skillz to keep away from his as Aisha follows... and it looks like she lands a punch straight on Gator Man (!) Gator Man soon has Aisha cornered, but Musa's got a cool trick up her sleeve: she uses a nearby megaphone speaker to emit a sound blast to sedate the creature (!)
- We finally check back with B and F, who have zombie pirates to deal with... Pirates spot Bloom going across a bridge, so Bloom runs and has Flora string them up with vines (what else?) Pirate: "Free us!" B: "Why should we? We thought we were friends, and you wouldn't listen to us" Pirate: "We only listen to Jim Hook, our captain" B: "The same captain who betrayed Smee?" Other pirate: "Smee was a betrayer just like you!" Flora makes a great point: "But have you ever thought that the true betrayer could be Jim? A captain who betrays his friends is no real captain at all" B: "You chose to trust Jim, even after we taught you how to become a real crew"
- Back to the sewer! After a bit of S and T walking, they get attacked by Croc Man, but after Stella kicks it into the sewer water, they've got help... TL's tomahawk hits it in the face, and the Shaman's here as well, using his teleportation powers to avoid its attacks before eventually knocking Croc Man over. S&T are surprised that they're not with Jim, and TL responds: "Well, now I know I was wrong about him" Back in the WoD, Jim knocks the sword out of Matt's hands, and then kicks Matt off the rowboat, where the mermaids are restraining him from getting back to the surface...

Episode 13: Tinkerbell is Back
Spoiler!
- After showing Matt getting disarmed and deboarded again, TB is screaming as Matt is dragged down by the mermaids... Jim: "Here one minute, gone the next, just like his father, PETER PAN!" Then Jim rubs it in: "He's not coming back! And you, poor Tinkerbell, gave up all your magic for him!" before laughing at the pointlessness of her act... TB cries as he laughs, and one of her tears falls into the lake... and it creates a column of light that repels the mermaids, before blasting him out of the water... Wha? The sword soon comes out as well, and I suspect the writers were aiming for an Excalibur parallel with the sword coming out of the lake... But anyways, time for Round 2! Eventually, Matt has the better of Jim and says: "Surrender and I'll let you go, Jim Hook" Jim concedes and Matt tells him to drop his weapon... and Matt pretty much strikes Jim's hook away when he tosses it... Jim is incredulous: "You really are Peter Pan's son" And Jim gets zapped off the rowboat... TB changes to her true form, which looks like a cross between Luna (Stella's mom) and Daphne... and all Matt can let out is "Wow" smile.gif
- The mermaids show up and are bewildered that TB's a fairy again... and the blonde mermaid adds: "Now we recognize you" Purple hair: "I'm sorry we tried to harm you" After the mermaids thank her and swim off, there's a bunch of cheesy dialog between TB and Matt, ending with them flying off together hand-in-hand, and it's obvious what they're referencing...
- All this pleasantness gets interrupted by Jim coming out of the water, and running over to the Tree of Life ("Time to turn dreams into nightmares") where he's met by the Winx, who lambast his deceitful ways (S: "We don't believe you anymore") So Jim uses his bell to uproot the tree (!) Flo tries to talk to the tree, but "It's too panicked to hear me speak"... And in case you've forgotten about Smee, we're shown his cell falling off its hold...
- The Tree turns into a sailing ship, and the SoTWoD exposits away: "The Tree of Life is the heart of the World of Dreams. You must save it, or this world will be lost. And if that happens, then it will be the end of all dreams... everywhere" There's a 15-second long shot of the ship that feels longer than that since it's effectively a simple pan across the ship, showing Jim in some sort of protective field...
- The Winx give chase, but Jim is firing the ship's cannons at it (firing blasts of magic rather than cannonballs), and the girls' attacks don't work against Jim's protective bubble (You'd think with their years of studying at Alfea, they'd know well enough) Jim: "Now let's knock you out of the sky, one by one" Thankfully, they're joined by Matt and TB, and Aisha gets the best reaction: "Ugh... so Matt can fly now?" LOL (especially with the face) Matt deflects a cannon blast with his sword right back on to the deck, and Tecna manages to also strike the deck with a deflection ("Yes, direct hit") before Flo and TB point out since this is the Tree of Life, they can't go after it, so TB decides to go in to stop the cannons... Bloom has the Winx give TB cover (by deflecting away the blasts, though I have to assume they're being more careful not to deflect them back at the ship) TB uses her magic on the cannons to stop them, and for good measure, Flo stuffs the mouths with flowers (nice!)
- Jim's bubble is immune to the Winx girls' magic, but not Matt's sword, so you know where this is going right? Think again: Matt cuts open the bubble to give Jim an ultimatum, but Jim just answers: "I'm not the one who's leaving", before banking hard to send Matt back overboard (!) and then reveal his real endgame: "The time of dreams has come to an end. Nightmares will rule the future!" Jim uses his bell to create some sort of portal, and the SoTWoD reveals it to be a gate to the World of Nightmares: "If the Tree of Life reaches it, all dreams will end forever, and only nightmares will remain" S: "No more dreams?!" F: "Only nightmares?!" Yeah, so get to it already!
- The Winx girls fly off in pursuit but Tecna says: "At our current speed we won't make it in time!" Jim: "Get ready for a new era of darkness and fear! See you in your worst nightmares Winx!"... And as Jim is considering making himself king of the World of Nightmares, who should show up from the ship's basement? Smee runs in and throws Jim away from the wheel... Jim offers to have Smee come with him ("You and me together, like the good old days"), but not only does Smee refuse, we also find out that Jim actually told Smee to kidnap Matt (!) Smee steers the ship straight up 90 degrees to avoid the portal, and Jim manages to grab hold of a rope as the ship ends up going upside down, and there's debris falling everywhere... This is important, because as Jim is trying to climb up to Smee, he gets conked by a giant trunk and falls into the portal (minus his bell charm, which flies off)
- With Jim gone, the darkness dissipates all over the WoD, as TB catches the bell charm... Smee brings the ship to a clearing in the middle of the now luscious forest and comes off the ship... Pirate: "What's the betrayer doing here with us?!" Matt comes down and the pirates immediately proclaim him the hero of the WoD, but Matt helpfully sets the record straight: "We couldn't have made it without you. Thanks" And after a second of bewilderment, the pirates et al cheer for Smee instead... Matt uses his sword to restore the Tree to its normal form (now with leaves!) as SoTWoD appears to exposit some more: "The Hero of the World of Dreams has saved us... and everybody's dreams are saved again"
- TB lands, and despite the different look, the pirates immediately recognize her as the queen, and one of them tells her: "We're sorry queen, we only recognized ya now!" TB: "No! It is I who must apologize to all of you... I turned the World of Dreams into a nightmare!" We get to see a flashback of the Queen sending forth her shadow creatures, before TB then declares that now that Matt's shown her what matters, "Neverland will now once again be the place that nourishes the dreams of the world!" The Winx land and Matt adds that "The ones who truly saved us are the Winx!" TB: "Without them the world's dreams would have died" Uh, don't forget Smee stopping the boat? S: "Wow, our fame is spreading fast. We're stars everywhere now!" (She's inflecting quite a bit of valley girl twang for this line) Speaking of fame, Tec reminds them they still have their clones at a concert, so they head back, but not before Aisha is happy for Matt finding his dream...
- The Winx clones are still rocking away in NYC, as the real Winx rematerialize backstage, and comment that everything's gone well here... S: "Look at them! Who do they think they are? They think they're better than us!" T: "Stella, they are us, I mean, our clones" S: "Oh right! Of course! Yay, go us!" While Stella is planning to have the clones disappear in a flash of light so the real deal can take the stage, a spotlight suddenly turns over to highlight the real Winx (!) and Venomia comes on stage to point them out (!!) Amidst all the chatter from all the confused spectators, one says: "I didn't even know there was an option for fake Winx"
- Venomia spreads the news worldwide, and instantly, we see the news about the scandal breaking in various locations... Venomia tells the crowd that the Winx are fairies, and the band are clones they made with their magic, and adds: "Here's the real question: Are they good, or do they want to harm us?" before "isolating" Bloom from the others and warning her that "The Day of Reckoning is near!" We get flashbacks to all the concert incidents, and Bloom realizes that Venomia is behind the sabotage (huh, took ya long enough) Venomia transforms and reveals herself to be Baba Yaga, the dark dame... She's about to conjure up her coven, and warns her "It will soon be the end of the Winx! There is not enough room for fairies and witches on Earth!" as the episode ends on her cackling over the shot of a shocked Bloom... Wait, did we say episode? We mean season ohmy.gif Going by the pacing of a typical Winx season, it feels more like we've just watched episodes 4 to 22 than 1 to 26 icon_confused.gif
- Overall thoughts:
* Between all the secret keeping, the toned-down colours, the concert stuff, and the concert clones, this season might as well just be called LoliW.i.t.c.h.
* While WOW S2 maintains the same "more mature" feel from S1, it just seems incongruous to see a Winx season (even a spinoff) end on a cliffhanger, especially when unlike S1, they're not guaranteed another season... Of course I'll be back for S3 (assuming there is one), but I'd prefer they ended seasons cleanly like the mothership, because cliffhangers have never been why we keep coming back
* Already mentioned my thoughts on Onyrix, and it seems that they only gave them different colors to make it obvious that they've changed fairy forms (after all the speculation on why they had different colours from normal, they might as well have just used the same colours anyway)...

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Aug 12 2017, 4:12 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Episode 11
Spoiler!

Well the plot builds but really if does feel that that this could all fizzle out...ending have never been a Winx strong point
It did seem rather obvious for a while that Jim wanted power for himself

Episode 12
Spoiler!

more inconsistency Stella hair suddenly clean again then back to dirty. However why do they seem to use magic only to save there concerts. Very little magic used elsewhere I know about the spy theme but still
Shaman was spot on with what he said and most probably helped turned Tiger Lilly to the Winx side. Although why he followed Tinkerbell with those opinions was not explained
Shaman seems a character we have only just scratched the surface with which is disappointing

Episode 13
Spoiler!

one of the better endings but still it does feel a little anti-climatic and they took it away from tradition only to bring it back full circle. It just felt like they should keep it one way or another
well we all know what the next one will be about. Anyone see the Trix making a comeback in this witch fairy battle?
So Tinkerbell gave up her powers to become powerless only to get new old ones back. Yet no explanation of why it happened

Other season comments
Spoiler!

with the exception of wings it does not feel like a transformation, seriously the spy outfits change are more transformation like
I still much prefer the old style animation
I must be old now I keep thinking about how they park the Winx mobile especially in London
it really does feel like they were not sure how to make a season 1/2 the length the world tour seems confused and then forgotten as mentioned before
there is just no flow with the swap between earth and world of dreams and just as it gets tense swap back to the other world
The whole season is missing something
Roxy got the typical bit part role she has done well to hang around for this long

--------------------
WinxMhara
post Aug 25 2017, 5:08 PM
Post #15

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I've been watching WOW and honestly I really love it! I was severely unsure of it all, but when I finally sat down and had a good watch I genuinely fell in love with winx all over again.

I felt really out of place with the new winx seasons, things felt so different and not in a good way...and I felt odd because the seasons/episodes everyone seemed to love I hated and vice versa, like everyone loved season 7...but I just didn't? There were highlights I'll give it that but I'd easily admit it's my least favourite season of winx to date. I actually quite enjoyed season 5 and 6, yet everyone hated those?? So I was starting to feel out of place in fan discussions about winx. It was one reason I stepped away for a while.

I'll admit when I turned on WOW for the first time I cringed when I heard the theme song and instantly thought "greeeat, basically another season 7". I was wrong haha, and I was really glad to see how most of the fans I knew were also really into it!

My only issue with the series is how they got their Onyrix powers...yeah that was a bit...hmmm.

Putting that aside, I'm so happy to be excited and entertained by Winx again! These two seasons of WOW kinda reawakened my love for the show again.

I see WOW as a complete alternate reality though, which opens up a LOT of questions...what transformation were the winx in before they gained dreamix??? Did they even ever attend Alfea??? Are they now all from Earth??? What aspects of the winx story is similar and what is different from our main storyline we all know?

I have a feeling those questions will never be answered, but that's kinda cool too.

Fingers crossed for a third season!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Aug 31 2017, 4:29 PM
Post #16

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (WinxMhara @ Aug 26 2017, 12:08 AM) *
I actually quite enjoyed season 5 and 6, yet everyone hated those??

Hey, I liked season 6 as well icon_smile.gif Thought S6 was more generally liked than S5 at least...

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 7:34 PM