post Apr 8 2009, 6:54 PM
Post #21

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (AmazinAdmiration @ Apr 8 2009, 02:43 PM) *
You can call me AD or Mazei by the way ^.^ {or both combined lol}

and I believe that Layla will get more fans now that Roxy will be the newbie

That is a good point ADMazei (*smirk*).

The real irony would be if Roxy was well received from the start. I would like to think Straffi & Co learned a few things from the Layla launch.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Apr 8 2009, 6:56 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well..... she was met with a lot of....... 'Oh no, new character, to the bunkers!' kind of comments at her introduction in the Articles.
Fortress Guy
post Apr 8 2009, 7:13 PM
Post #23

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Apr 8 2009, 02:56 PM) *
Well..... she was met with a lot of....... 'Oh no, new character, to the bunkers!' kind of comments at her introduction in the Articles.

You paint quite the picture there. It calls to mind visions of torches and pitchforks. icon_wink.gif

Well, I think fans were in a different place during the transition from season 1 to season 2. Now with the Winx Club embarking on a whole new era of their lives for the season 3 to season 4 transition, I think there is room naturally to introduce someone. It is not like Roxy is being forced into the same dorm suite.

I am trying to keep an open mind about Roxy, and I am staying away from all spoilers so I can enjoy the intro fresh. While she does not look overly remarkable in her civilian clothes, I am sure she brings something unique to the table. I hope they have learned that at least.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
romir
post Apr 11 2009, 9:06 PM
Post #24

Enchantix Fairy

Layla is very cool but not my fave winx
my fave is winx is musa! icon_redface.gif

--------------------

Musa fan!
Boo
post Jun 5 2009, 1:30 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Truthfully, in seeing pictures of Layla before season 2 aired, I actually was quite excited that a new character was coming into the picture. I thought she was pretty and I particularly liked her Winx outfit...
And after seeing the season, I just ended up not liking her... at all, (like I said, too much air time... That and her bland personality. The only thing that was interesting about her was how independent she was... but, as we all know, that changed.)

And so, when I saw Roxy, I definitely thought that it would be another "Layla incident"... Too much air time...
So far, my opinion on that has not changed.

QUOTE (ZaiHyeFan @ Apr 7 2009, 11:51 PM) *
Layla is really cool; too bad she's not very popular.

Ha ha, that is precisely how I feel about Tecna. She's a really "cool" character, but she's not very popular.
Maybe it is the lack of screen time she received when she was first introduced, or maybe it was because of the fact that she may have appealed more to an older age group (again, when she was first introduced...
(It's not exactly a spoiler, but an opinion about season 4:)
Spoiler!
Since, unless it's just me, she's not exactly acting in character in season 4...

Thus why I emphasize the "when she was introduced." Then and season 2... and season 3 somewhat.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
aqua_pearl
post Jun 5 2009, 5:05 AM
Post #26

Sirenix Fairy

When I first saw Layla on the 4 kids one I didnt like her. I read or heard somewhere that the reason she was added was because the winx didnt have enough ethnic diversity (theyre all caucasion with the exception or musa and possibly flora)
I had only seen episodes here and there, and at that the 4 kids version, which, no offense, dont seem to go as indepth story wise. Other then that, she didnt seem to have a significance and stayed on the side lines.

But when I actually watched the rai season 2 i saw a lot of thought went into her character development and the story. Yes she was independent, a feminist, an athlete, but I liked all these things about her. it made her unique to the winx and shared the tom boy aspect so it it didnt leave you to wonder did musa and tecna like all the non girly things the other girls didnt like. I figured this was why musa became more open to being girly because music can be either or.

I didnt mind layla mixing trouble with musa and riven, it was good for musa to hear a fresh opinion other then "its ok" and "he'll come around"
"If your not happy Just break up with him" was good for her to hear because it shows nothing is written in stone. Also her and musa become best friends made the winx more unique.

She didnt get right into the friends thing either, and she didnt try to impress them, she stayed out of the way, even when she felt left out, until the girls realised she wouldnt come to them on her own. With Nabu she was even reluctant at first.

It did surprise me how easily she fell for Nabu and how she became more feminine for it, but as long as she keeps her girls dont need to depend on guys attitude im ok with it. I like her different outlook.

So yeah its not one favourite character. To me its the winx. they kind of make each other who they are when theyre together
mightymarty2
post Jun 5 2009, 3:57 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

@boo: they all seem to have changed

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Boo
post Jun 5 2009, 6:19 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Jun 5 2009, 04:57 PM) *
@boo: they all seem to have changed

I concur.
Though some seem to have changed to a more drastic degree than others...
I blame the target demographic. dry.gif

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Jun 5 2009, 06:05 AM) *
But when I actually watched the rai season 2 i saw a lot of thought went into her character development and the story. Yes she was independent, a feminist, an athlete, but I liked all these things about her. it made her unique to the winx and shared the tom boy aspect so it it didnt leave you to wonder did musa and tecna like all the non girly things the other girls didnt like. I figured this was why musa became more open to being girly because music can be either or.

It did surprise me how easily she fell for Nabu and how she became more feminine for it, but as long as she keeps her girls dont need to depend on guys attitude im ok with it. I like her different outlook.

I also liked that she was an independent feminist... But I definitely felt that she lost those qualities when she fell in love with Nabu...
Spoiler!
And especially lately, (season 4), those unique qualities are obsolete. In fact, despite the language barrier, her actions seem to lean more towards "girly girl" versus anything else. To sum it up, she's totally changed.

If she hadn't have lost those unique qualities, I definitely would like her more...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
aqua_pearl
post Jun 6 2009, 5:18 AM
Post #29

Sirenix Fairy

Spoiler!
Yea for sure. Episode one of S4 i thought she was still her when her and tecna tried to avoid the girls getting autographs. But since then she acts like all the other girls, actually you dont see much of her except for instructing aerobics with the pets and drooling over Nabu.

This season its Roxy who seems to stick out from the other girls. If she becomes an official winx they might swallow her to.
winxclubrox23
post Jun 6 2009, 5:27 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Aw I like Layla! At first I kinda didn't like her because she seemed quite... well emotionless or something. She's my 4th fave girl now.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 2:40 AM