Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Frozen
winxclubrox23
post Jan 4 2014, 12:58 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I'm actually surprised there wasn't already a topic for this one!

I saw Frozen a couple weeks ago, and oh my gosh, I loved it. It was reminiscent of the movies I so loved in my childhood, but was also modern, which I liked. The songs were all fun, and I may have been listening to the soundtrack non stop for a month now.

Anyone else see it? What did you think?

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Jan 4 2014, 1:53 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I've already watched it over 5 times and twice in 3d. I love both leading ladies and "let it go" was an amazing song. Olaf was hilarious and I love Christoff wnd Sven. This is my second favorite Disney movie of all time.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 4 2014, 9:05 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I have only one major problem with this movie.
However, that problem is Anna.
I could not STAND her. But to be honest, I'm kinda allergic to the 'She's awkward and quirky, ain't it cute?' type of characters.
winxclubrox23
post Jan 7 2014, 1:55 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I personally really liked Anna, as well as Elsa. Both of them were extremely relateable characters for me, more so than a lot of the other princesses, because we share so many of the same characteristics. For example, Anna being super clumsy and awkward. That's something that Disney hasn't really given us outside of a male character (the first one that comes to mind is Milo Thatch from Atlantis) and I'm glad they did this time.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jan 7 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Not to undermine your like for Anna, but wasn't Rapunzel kinda in that same mold? I'm curious how you saw her, because I could only see the two as the same archetype.
winxclubrox23
post Jan 8 2014, 2:10 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I liked Rapunzel as well, and I agree they did share some similar qualities. I think the main thing is their excitement about everything, and that comes from being locked in for so long I suppose. Anna, however, I think was a little more odd, a little more quirky, and I liked that. It's probably socially acceptable for Rapunzel to act that way, since A) she didn't know she was a princess for so long, therefore wasn't aware of how to act like one, and B) the only other contact she had with people was with Mother Gothel, whereas Anna had her parents, and the staff at the palace, and sparingly Elsa. Anna also would have grown up learning princess things and how to act and such, but the fact that she remains socially awkward was refreshing for me because it shows nobody is perfect, even if you're a princess.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Jan 8 2014, 2:10 AM

--------------------

P-girl
post Jan 8 2014, 4:06 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, thanks for explaining.
Like I said, I personally dislike the 'socially akward' girls, but I have my own, personal issues with that. (I had people romanticise it about me to levels where it was really, REALLY uncomfortable.)
winxclubrox23
post Jan 9 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Romanticizing anything of that nature is gross, and I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I mentioned earlier that Anna and Elsa both were very relateable characters for me, and Anna was because of her quirkiness and how awkward she is, because I'm exactly that way too. I completely understand though how a character like that would bother you, especially in the past when you've had bad experiences.

--------------------

W.I.N.X
post Jan 11 2014, 4:34 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I just saw it today and I loved it and the music and bby Idina and Groffles were so great aw ;_; I just...liked it a lot. The theatre I went to today with my friend was packed, but I think I'm going to go see it alone again at a quieter cinema lol

I somewhat have to agree with P-girl on the Anna thing. Although I personally liked her, I did feel she was just a tad...pandery toward the Jennifer Lawrence aodring internet Tumblr type who adopt social awkwardness as some kind of cute flaw. Like P-girl, I take personal issue with the whole glorification of it that's cropped up particularly in the past few years. As I said though, I did like her.

Overall, however, I loved it, and I loved the aversion of other cliches particularly.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Sen
post Apr 5 2014, 1:25 PM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

The movie is finally out on DVD, I can't wait to get my hands on it. ^___^

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Abby
post Apr 13 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I absolutely adored this movie. I had low expectations when I went to see it and throughout the first half I thought to myself about how typical disney it was. But it proved me wrong with how it broke those cliches and had an unpredictable ending (for disney movies at least).

The music from it is also fantastic!
Sunnygirl
post Apr 15 2014, 6:45 PM
Post #12

Pixie

Group: New Members

I just love disney *o* And Frozen is such a touching, great movie. I personally liked Elsa more than Anna, even though I love the couple KristoffxAnna. *o* Elsa is just such a strong person, but they are both lovely.
I just can't wait for the movie to appear on DVD. My Mom told me she will give me the DVD as an Easter Present. icon_biggrin.gif I'm so excited.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 9:20 AM