Add Reply
> Mugged
Rating 3 V
wkw427
post Aug 5 2010, 7:22 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

On my way home from school, I walk through downtown a short bit to my pickup spot.
A little past one of the larger bus stops in town, some short, pudgy african american boy, who doesnt look any older then 14, starts to follow me. Being the paranoid person I am, I put my ipod in my pocket.
When we turn a corner and are away from most people, he says "Yo gimme everything you got". I said yeah right. By then my heart starts racing and I get nervous.
So I quicken my pace, but he still follows me. About another block down he says "I'm SWEER WURD serious gimme yo stuff" and pulls out a pocket knife.
So, I am freaking out now I make a jester showing him I'll hit him with my umbrella and yell out "this kid got a knife!!"
Being human beings, and bad ones, people ignore me.
I pull out my phone and call 911. The kid ran.
It was funny because there was a cop car not 45 feet away from me, a few moments after I called.
I got in the car and we drove around, but didn't see him. The cop road me to my pickup spot, when my mother saw me get out of the car I said "I didn't feel like waiting so I got a ride!"

Now I'm home and shaken up. I'm not taking my ipod to school anymore.

This post has been edited by wkw427: Aug 5 2010, 7:23 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Aug 5 2010, 7:44 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

sorry to hear that. This is the problem with society now no helps anyone and so many people seem to have a weapon of some sort. Then they wonder why people don't feel safe on the streets and more people are encouraged to take weapons to try and protect themselves, a vicious circle

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Hanna
post Aug 5 2010, 8:06 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

yeah... people tend to ignore and not help anyone, i've been in those situations too and they are just wrong especially if it's and emergency and knifes aren't exacly the most safe things to be threatened with. I am glad your alright and you didn't get injured.

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
Boo
post Aug 5 2010, 8:07 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Gosh, that is absolutely terrible. O_O You would think someone would help, but, unfortunately, too many cries for help fall upon deaf ears, so to speak.. I guess it is naive to think that we were all brought up with a good system of morals, though I wish that were the case. icon_sad.gif

You're very, very lucky, though. Thank goodness nothing happened. *cyber-hug*

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post Aug 5 2010, 8:48 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks for the hugs.

I added "And my mother said "You movin' with your auntie and uncle to Bel Air"" to the end on another forum and everyone said it was a copypasta

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
rano0oma
post Aug 6 2010, 4:26 AM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

sorry to hear that... i hope u r okai now :)

--------------------
{§hani}
post Aug 6 2010, 5:52 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

wow i know i hear stuff like that happening, but not anyone i know.. were do you live? U.S im guessing? lawl cop car ride C:

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Jahnavi
post Aug 6 2010, 1:45 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Zomg, I'm sorry to hear that. It really sucks that no one around you was even kind enough to help. *shakes head*

...But I'm so glad you're alright, considering the situation could've been worse.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Winx4eva!
post Aug 7 2010, 7:57 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

You're darn lucky... and brave to stand up to him like that . Like everyone said, it's sad that no one gave you a hand.

My twin brother also got mugged a couple of months ago. But he sent the muggers running away in pain and fear... He was NOT going to give them his new cellphone XD

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Teh_Exorcist
post Aug 15 2010, 4:45 PM
Post #10

A True Fairy

I friggin' HATE the ghetto idiots in Pittsburgh. They're nothing but welfare living, lazy, stupid slobs that aren't worth saving the life of.

They're actually worse than the hicks up in the more northern counties.

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
P-girl
post Aug 15 2010, 4:56 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Heh, don't you just hate stuff like that?

While I don't have experience, my mom always warns me to be careful with my money in the city. She once had a literal drive-by mugging. There she stood, teenage hippie, holding open her wallet. Guy on motorcycle drives by. Wallet gone.
Teh_Exorcist
post Aug 15 2010, 5:58 PM
Post #12

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Aug 15 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Heh, don't you just hate stuff like that?

While I don't have experience, my mom always warns me to be careful with my money in the city. She once had a literal drive-by mugging. There she stood, teenage hippie, holding open her wallet. Guy on motorcycle drives by. Wallet gone.

This happens all the time in big cities, and it's usually by people from the ghetto who don't know any better. It doesn't matter what color their skin is, or where they're from; if they're from the ghetto, they're no good.

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 15 2010, 6:01 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Dunno..... but then again, I'm raised on the country-side, so I wouldn't really know.....
Teh_Exorcist
post Aug 15 2010, 6:41 PM
Post #14

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Aug 15 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Dunno..... but then again, I'm raised on the country-side, so I wouldn't really know.....

Good thing too. You probably understand hard work and responsibility, something most city folks never figure out.

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 15 2010, 6:46 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Most likely, and probably respect, too. Not to offend city people, but that's the biggest difference I sometimes see between someone from the country or someone from the city.
Fortress Guy
post Aug 16 2010, 8:16 PM
Post #16

Harmonix Fairy

Sorry to hear about that. Remember, us upstanding citizens must be ever vigilant against hoods who would hurt others for selfish personal gain. Our brain is our greatest weapon. Always watch your back, and if you are so inclined take other measures to insure your personal protection.

Remember what Batman says: "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot."

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
earth123
post Aug 16 2010, 9:10 PM
Post #17

A True Fairy

At least you didn't get mugged down like i did. One night near Omonia square in Athens, me and my friend Akis were walking from the bar at night, when suddenly a guy came back from behind and sticked us both still. While still sounding a bit, well a little stoned, he told as to take out all valuables and throw them in front. However, while I was dead frozen, Akis seemed to be bothered with the culprits voice. So, as we were taking the valuables out, he swiftly turned his head to the back, which is suicide in a situation like that, and gasped "GEORGE, WHAT ARE U DOING??", and the guy answered "Oh, OH, man, what are u DOING HERE??". "WHAT AM I DOINGGG?" replied Akis. The guy immediatly put the knife away and walked a bit back, while I, still not really realised what has happened, tried to calm myself down. BTW, I had very little valuables with me, and my HP was a very old model, almost worthless back then, so the stealing wouldn't had been 'great' loss. After they talked together for a while, he simply walked away, and Akis explained me that he knew the guy from school, and that he simply needed money for some 'needs'. We decided to not mention it anywhere for many reasons, including that here in Greece, there is no rehabilitation programs for criminal youths, so it wouldn't make any difference anyway. My first and only time so far, and it was 'something'.

--------------------

SIKOSETO, TO TIMIMENO, THEN BORO, THEN BORO NA PERIMENO

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:50 PM