Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Rainbow and Netflix to produce live-action Winx series, Plus other news
SpiderBraids
post Mar 15 2018, 4:41 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

It's been reported that Netflix and Rainbow are working to adapt Winx into a live-action young adult series smile.gif

In other news, we may have gotten our first glimpse at the new S8 look as part of a banner ad for Rainbow, and a Winx Club event is currently being run in Singapore smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Mar 15 2018, 6:50 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Ok.................. I have not seen anything cartoon that has then worked as live action and what is being reported seems like a reboot of Winx

As for the banner I think that sort of style is similar to games in the past so it may not be how the new seasons look. It would certainly take some getting used to

I have just seen on Michaels website that season 8 is beginning 2019. Way too long between seasons in my opinion

Michaels website

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Mar 15 2018, 7:08 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Oh yeah... I saw this news recently. I think I'm in shock. I'm not sure what to think about a reboot live action show. x_x

Whoa! I don't know if anybody else tried to open that link to the season 8 discussion, but my phone just loaded up a bunch of adware. Beware!

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 15 2018, 7:14 PM
P-girl
post Mar 15 2018, 9:52 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm.... skeptical. But that's purely from a personal bias. One of the reasons I love Winx Club is because of it's animation and aestethic and seeing it in Real Life probably just won't translate well to me.
dixie6
post Nov 24 2020, 7:51 PM
Post #5

Enchantix Fairy

I was just signing on to complain about casting for this live action. It's called Fate: The Winx Saga and is going to be on Netflix in 2021. However, is it just me or is anyone else a bit annoyed that they cast a British American actress to play Musa. Elisha Applebaum is definitely not of Asian decent. That's the awesome thing about this show? There was representation for every race. Also, all the other actresses, especially the one for Terra (Tecna) seem too old in comparison to some of the younger cast members. If this is an attempted reboot, I most certainly don't want to see adult women playing 16-year-olds. That is the beauty of the show. They were characters that young girls could relate to or wanted to be friends with. I hope this new show is just a continuation if the animated series.

This post has been edited by dixie6: Nov 24 2020, 7:52 PM

--------------------
DIXIE6- Dog foster mother, ballet and violin enthusiast, and Winx Club, Huntik, and Lord of the Rings lover!

Ranma
post Dec 11 2020, 8:11 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Just saw the trailer. I probably won’t be watching it. No Flora, amongst other issues previously mentioned. It also looks like they’re going to try and make it super dark.

--------------------
Abby
post Jan 19 2021, 3:19 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Came back onto here in preparation for the show coming out soon. Although I don't have high hopes, I'll be watching for nostalgia reasons and also just for something to do since all I can really do these days is watch TV at home (trying to be responsible and social distance and stay at home). I agree with all the issues with casting and that in general live-action adaptations of animated stuff isn't the greatest, but I don't want to go into it being super down on it. If it's completely terrible after one or two episodes I'll probably stop though.
Abby
post Jan 25 2021, 6:23 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Anyone watch the show? I just finished it! I didn't hate it, but not sure I fully liked it either. Definitely more inspired by winx since they changed so many characters names and relationships and some of the lore of the world. I didn't mind some of the changes and liked how they tried to make it a bit more adult to match the viewers age.

I think they did a good job actually matching Bloom from the animated series though. I was never a bloom fan and always found her a bit annoying in her antics in the animated show and found her to be acting in a similar way in the show.

My main thing of course is the diversity issue but also just how annoying these teens got after a while. Maybe I'm just too old now but most of the time they didn't seem to get that they're only 16 and that the adults were only trying to protect them (especially bloom).

I do hope there is a second season so they can elaborate more on some of the new lore introduced and to see more of the group dynamics, as well as answer some of the cliffhangers left at the end. I felt they could've used maybe one more episode to establish the winx club as a group of friends instead of jumping right into the action. Their friendship seemed a bit forced without many moments of them actually bonding.

Anyone else yet watch or have opinions on it?
lebang
post Jan 31 2021, 3:38 PM
Post #9

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jan 25 2021, 7:23 PM) *
Anyone watch the show? I just finished it! I didn't hate it, but not sure I fully liked it either. Definitely more inspired by winx since they changed so many characters names and relationships and some of the lore of the world. I didn't mind some of the changes and liked how they tried to make it a bit more adult to match the viewers age.

I think they did a good job actually matching Bloom from the animated series though. I was never a bloom fan and always found her a bit annoying in her antics in the animated show and found her to be acting in a similar way in the show.

My main thing of course is the diversity issue but also just how annoying these teens got after a while. Maybe I'm just too old now but most of the time they didn't seem to get that they're only 16 and that the adults were only trying to protect them (especially bloom).

I do hope there is a second season so they can elaborate more on some of the new lore introduced and to see more of the group dynamics, as well as answer some of the cliffhangers left at the end. I felt they could've used maybe one more episode to establish the winx club as a group of friends instead of jumping right into the action. Their friendship seemed a bit forced without many moments of them actually bonding.

Anyone else yet watch or have opinions on it?

Hi, yes I watched. And than rememberd this forum might still exist :)
We share the same opinion :)

--------------------
Ranma
post Feb 20 2021, 1:45 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Don't have Netflix right now but I was able to watch the first episode with my wife. We want to finish the series for sure. We didn't hate it, but we feel that the best way to watch it is to not compare it to winx. The only thing it seems to have in common are the character's names. But the story isn't horrible or anything. I'm just tired of all these "dark" remakes. Riverdale, Sabrina, now this.

--------------------

Fast ReplyAdd Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:27 PM