Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Add Reply
> Anime and cartoons; which one do you prefer?, Discuss!
P-girl
post Aug 12 2009, 9:51 AM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

And I think a healthy split between the Toy Manufacturers and the Animators help. There have been some instances where an accesory of a toy was unknown to the animators and not put in, or used later. (Like Lugnut's mace and Soundwave's Guitar.), those look like fumbles, but like I said, shows a healthy split between the two.
Go to the top of the page
fullmoon
post Aug 14 2009, 1:36 AM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

I'm an anime fan. Maybe the fact that I'm asian kind of affects me....I have no idea. For some reason, I enjoy hearing stuff in japanese with subtitles most of the times. I dunno why. O_O

There are a variety of anime drawing styles. Not all of them have big eyes. I do prefer cartoon drawing style but if the plot is good, I really do not care if the characters looks bizarre. One example: One Piece. I do love disney animations though. icon_razz.gif I usually watch cartoons if they are disney and are movies.

I still prefer anime. In fact, I disagree with the fact that anime sticks with fantasy. There are so many genres. I haven't seen that many sport cartoons.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
P-girl
post Aug 14 2009, 6:52 AM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

Galactik Football!

Sorry, obsession.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Aug 14 2009, 6:53 AM
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 5:22 PM
Post #44

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

I'm also an anime fan, and I agree there are many genre's, all the mayor genre's are in anime.
But western cartoons are also welcome!
Like Avatar, it is a realy nice serie, based on anime.
When you look to the Avatar credits, you will see some Asian looking names icon_razz.gif

I heard from a real life friend of mine, that the creators of Avatar had dificulties, because there is much censoring for children in the US.
Like that you can't let characters die (this is allowed in japan).
Like Yu-Gi-Oh, it is dubbed by 4Kids.
In a battle they said, if you lose this, you are going to the shadowland (or something, don't know it exactly). In the japanese it is much simplier, you are gonna die when you lose.
And if you think about Avatar related with japanse culture, you know maybe that the kanji of the number 4 is the same as the word dead.
When Toph joined the group, things where going wrong and this stopped when Zuko joined.

Western cartoons are in my opinion just as good as japanese.
Skyland,
the japanese/french anime Oban Star Racers,
W.I.T.C.H. (Italian origine, french animation),
And Winx Club they are all great series.

That people don't give western cartoons even a change is stupid.
But other people don't think so!
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 5:27 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

That feels good.

But.... Avatar is much closer to Chinese culture then Japanese.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Aug 16 2009, 5:27 PM
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 5:33 PM
Post #46

Believix Fairy

That everything whas going wrong when Toph joined whas based on japanese

But ok, it is chinese culture.
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 6:00 PM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

Sorry.... I don't know that much about that part, but I know enough to know that most is influenced by Chinese, and it can annoy me since many fanites go all anime/fangirl Japanese on Avatar.
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #48

Believix Fairy

Well chinese makes more sense than japanese, thats true, so I guess you're right.

I though that I did read Chinese on wikipedia and not Japanese icon_razz.gif

However, the creators of Avatar, have based Avatar on Asian culture (now good? ^_^)
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

Of course it's good. I'm sure they've thrown some of Japanese in it as well.

It's just..... well, for one, the fact that it has been filed under 'Anime' on FF.net for the longest time.
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #50

Believix Fairy

It isn't an anime, even it is created by japanese people!
It is created by an american company, and not in japan so it isn't an anime in western sense.

However in japan, anime means animation and that includes western cartoons, so Winx Club is also an anime!

Maybe am I hated because I said this, but it is true.
In japan anime is everthing that is animated around the world.
Only outside japan anime is refered to japan only cartoons.

This post has been edited by Zydron: Aug 16 2009, 6:28 PM
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 6:33 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

I get your logic, and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just.... nowadays Anime is used to name Japanese Animated Shows. So in that aspect, it's wrong. I might be wrong and a bit paranoid, but to me, it was a big part of this Anime over Cartoon favoritism. As if Avatar was to good to be in the 'Cartoon'-section. (Sounds dumb? On a deleted forum, we had an argument that basically had people saying this. *Bangs head against wall* To me, it's the same thing I have with Twilight: I don't mind the actual medium, it's the fans that drive me up the wall. Not all fans, just the rabid, militant and overall insane ones..... Drat, I hope I haven't offended anyone there.....)
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 6:40 PM
Post #52

Believix Fairy

Yeah, some are very strict with it and refer anime only to japan.

But thats not true, anime is animation. Avatar, WITCH, Winx Club, Skyland, they are also animated series and thus they ARE anime!
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 7:10 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

Not by the Internet's standard. I get your point. But when you say 'Anime' roughly 95% of the Internet population is gonna think this:

Instead of this:

(Note: *Drool*)

However, the line is blurring, with shows like Avatar, Totally Spies, Galactik Football, W.I.T.C.H. and other 'Anime-esque' Western animation. While some seem to be plain ripping off the drawing, some actually tend to make good use of it, or take note of the often more intricate story-telling, instead of going episodic like most.
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 7:15 PM
Post #54

Believix Fairy

Yeah, roughly 95% gonna think that, but if it is true is an another story.

Because the true means of the word is the same as cartoon.
P-girl
post Aug 16 2009, 7:20 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

Yup. You wouldn't believe the flak I got for going around and telling newbies (Like my mother or Grandma) that anime is basically a Japanese Cartoon. Because 'ZOMG! ANIME IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THIS WESTERN CRUD! LOL!'

Should I take my frustration over this elsewhere? Please tell me if I should.
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 7:47 PM
Post #56

Believix Fairy

That japanese anime is better than european anime, is only an opinion that somebody can have.

Maybe it is better, maybe it isn't better, no one can say, because it is an opinion and not a fact!

But that people refer anime with japan comes I think because japanese people say anime for such shows (and because there are so many, just take a look on the TV Tokyo anime site!) that people forget that there is more than that. I don't believe that they in Japan only watch their own animations, ours too!

and the fact that we say cartoon or animated serie.

This post has been edited by Zydron: Aug 16 2009, 7:53 PM
Ranma
post Sep 10 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I watch anything I like. That includes anything from animated to live action. American, italian, japanese, chinese, korean, and anything else is good as long as I like the story and characters.

Posting random theme song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLbmPdiEtmo <<This song is anime, but the art style doesn't follow any stereotype and I find it refreshing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeIOeYKd-c...feature=related << Still love this stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=375ENQbru8s << STILL AWESOME "Let's get dangerous!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTO6rcxcvA...feature=related << Favorite Korean movie ever. I've watched it soooooooooooooooooo many times.

--------------------
Hanna
post Sep 10 2009, 8:07 AM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I like Anime more ^^ Sailor moon is very good and Naruto too but winx and huntik are very close.

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
Zhanneel
post Sep 11 2009, 6:17 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (Ranma @ Sep 9 2009, 07:56 PM) *
I watch anything I like. That includes anything from animated to live action. American, italian, japanese, chinese, korean, and anything else is good as long as I like the story and characters.

What a healthy and awesome answer.

That's my motto too. I don't really care where it comes from, if I like it that's enough. It could have been made on the moon for all I care. If you put restrictions on only watching shows that come from specific regions you miss out on everything else that could be just as good or better. So have a good mix. icon_wink.gif
Cloud9
post Sep 12 2009, 3:55 AM
Post #60

Mythix Fairy

Mostly anime for me, although the old school Bugs Bunny cartoons are not to be underestimated, and I am continually grieved by the fact that they aren't shown at all on tv anymore. I like anime because it's easier for me to draw than anything else, and it's close enough to real life (which I absolutely fail at drawing) while still being cartoonish. I like anime with plenty of heroics (read: Gundam, Shaman King, and yes, Dragonball Z *dodges rotten vegetables*), and when I watch a dystopic anime where all the "heroes" are hopelessly and irredeemably flawed (read: NGE), it depresses me.

On a completely unrelated note, good to see you, Zhan. How've you been?

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:35 AM