Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Stargate
wkw427
post Sep 26 2009, 3:09 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Anyone watch stargate SG-1 or Atlantis? New seiries is coming out this cominf Friday, Stargate Universe..

It is scifi btw

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Sep 26 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

I've watched Atlantis and SG-1 when I've had the chance, although I'm not a frequent viewer. I also remember seeing the original movie years ago... I thought it was so awesome.

Incidentally, I will beat to death any and all people who claim a series ever existed called Stargate Infinity. If you so much as suggest it was animated, or that the Stargate has eight chevrons instead of nine, however, even worse things will happen

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
wkw427
post Sep 26 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

No, most people think the stargate only has 7 lights.

Because the other two are always hidden..

I watched Stargate Infinity

Then I ripped my eyes out

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Fortress Guy
post Sep 27 2009, 1:40 AM
Post #4

Harmonix Fairy

I enjoy the Stargate franchise, though SG-1 more than Atlantis generally, and pre-sci fi channel syndicated SG-1 more than later sci-fi seasons. The sci fi channel has an editorial and political spin they sometimes put on their shows. And they have an aggressive management that may interfere with productions, at least they did a few years ago when I had some inside info.

How can you not like a show starring MacGuyver. There was an Atlantis episode that last season where they were traveling through dimensions and came across a nasty borg-like villain. They were creepy and I thought they wanted to do more with them.

I will give Universe a try. I hope it is good.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
wkw427
post Sep 27 2009, 2:09 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

That episode in Atlantis with the Bord-like alien had potential. Alot of potential. It was a shame that it was axed. Same for the Evil Asgard.. Wasted potential. However in S5 of Atlantis, I really would of liked to have The Queen as a two parter, as with EaTG. They pulled a wormhole drive out of their rear, way to screw up the plot.

I don't like SG1 when it was on showtime.. Just didn't. The worst thing Scifi did was axe SG1 right after they filmed 200. The writers even said if they had a 11th and 12th season, the 11th would be about them finding the Ark of Truth (just as 10 was about the Sanagraal). Unending sucked.

And by all regards, SGU is supposed to be "sexy".. dunno what that means. It is on scifi, can't show much

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

SuperChick
post Sep 27 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #6

Sirenix Fairy

caint wait for sgu! stargate atlantis was cool

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
Fortress Guy
post Sep 28 2009, 2:37 AM
Post #7

Harmonix Fairy

Maybe that borg-like enemy will make an appearance in SGU. It could have been a set up for just that purpose. It felt that way.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
wkw427
post Sep 28 2009, 3:12 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

To my understanding, SGU wasn't even being worked on when they filmed Daedalus Variations. And the way the scene was set up, John taking a good look at the symbol, generally when that happens to a character it is that character that says "Hey! I saw that before!"

In all likelyhood, they were just an alternate version of the wraith. They had dart like things and were powerful. That, or the Evil Asgard

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:14 PM