Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Add Reply
> What Is The Most Recent Movie That You Have Seen?
Rating 5 V
LinneaKou
post May 29 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #61

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

As of right now, I'm in the process of watching "Pan's Labyrinth". (CREEPY MOVIE!! >.<) I just recently watched "La Misma Luna" ("Under the Same Moon"). Very cute movie, made me cry. ;_; But they were happy tears.

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post May 30 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #62

Cosmix Fairy

If you thought Pan's Labyrinth was creepy, have you seen Devil's Backbone? It was the movie that del Toro made before Pan, and Pan can be considered a spiritual sequel to it since it takes place during the same time period.

In some ways, Backbone is much more realistic. In other ways, it has moments about 10 times as disturbing on a moral level. That being said, it was very good.

And del Toro's directing the new Hellboy movie. I can't wait!

Oh, and incidentally, the reason the Golden Compass movie sorta fell short at the end is because it ended three chapters before the book did, partially because they wanted an upbeat ending, because otherwise...

WARNING! MASS SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M WARNING YOU! TURN BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE DAMNING TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Essentially, Lyra's father kills Roger to open up the gateway to our world. Yeah. And Lyra goes in after him.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Asher Omega
post May 30 2008, 6:30 AM
Post #63

Butterflix Fairy

Saw Cloverfield a couple of days ago. really love the way the movie was done, and yes I know it was entirely done in "handy-cam" vision. and after watching what went into the movie, I absolutely love some of the background info. and the only thing that really made me jumpy (I rarely encounter anything that makes me jump, with a few exceptions) was when the parasites started making noise. oh god did that remind me of Headcrabs and Snarks from Half-life. that was probably the most disturbing sound effect I ever heard recently.

on the subject of Golden Compass, they're probably not going to be making the next two books due to some uh arthorial attitudes written in The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. probably why the first (and probably only movie) was cut short.

and where is the **** is my Metroid movie?

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Zhanneel
post May 30 2008, 3:47 PM
Post #64

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

On the subject of The Golden Compass: I have to say the movie was sub-par. I've read the first two books in the series, and the movie doesn't hold a candle to first book. I really hate Hollywood sometimes. Okay...most of the time. They get their filthy money bag hands on an interesting, and well-developed book only so they can dumb it down and butcher the crud out of it. It's really disgusting how they can destroy such a wonderful story given enough money incentive. I sincerely hope they do not make another movie, and at this point I doubt they will given the ratings on the first movie. However, I have a feeling part of the those low ratings are due to certain religious opinions. *shakes head sadly* It's fiction people. And many books/movies that have controversial plots are meant to be that way, as they open our eyes and warn us of future paths we may follow. If you've read "1984" you'll know what I mean.

As for the most recent movie I've seen, that would be "Ever After". Yes, I'm a sucker for (clever) romances.
MorriganAensland
post May 31 2008, 8:34 PM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy

True, but the the Dark Materials trilogy was meant to be an antithesis to the Christian-themed fiction. I'll agree that the series does raise some very good points, and I enjoy its viewpoint in regards to the true identity of God, but to be fair, a lot of people hated the third book. For one, it introduced several dozen new characters. Second, the previously anti-Christian message gets blown out of proportion to the point of parading atheism around like the solution to all of life's problems... which is what the author felt Lord of the Rings and Narnia were doing with religion.

And Ever After is an amusing movie to watch.

Lessee... I just saw Iron Man, and I loved it. I hope the new Hulk movie is good too.

--------------------

Another Morning
post May 31 2008, 9:10 PM
Post #66

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

In theatres, the last movie I saw was Prince Caspian for the second time. I think it was pretty good, although I can't say anything about how faithful it was to be book because I cannot remember the book at all.

Then last night I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on DVD because Caspian made me want to see the first one again.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
AnnieBelle
post Jun 1 2008, 5:12 AM
Post #67

Cosmix Fairy

Faithful to the book? xD Yeah right. They added in the whole romance deal because it's Disney.

So, yeah, last movie I saw in theaters was Prince Caspian. Last movies I saw on TV {first one watched through, second caught the end of after the first was over}: Sky High and Forrest Gump.
OK, & Edit: Most recent movie seen, period, would be the Tiny Toon Adventures movie 'How I Spent My Summer Vacation'. It's a tradition with my sibs and I that, no matter how old we get or how much Adam claims he outgrew cartoons, we watch that movie every June 1. Soo...yeah.

--------------------
LinneaKou
post Jun 4 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #68

Harmonix Fairy

Okayz, yesterday I ended up watching Men In Black on my MP3/Media player because my dad's too cheap to buy me the DVD so he just rips it off and puts it onto a media player. -_- Still, god-awesome Will Smith movie. Second one pale in comparison - MIB1 is teh BOMB!

Tomorrow I shall try to watch some movies I recorded (Sky High and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 from the 90's!!)

No, I do not have a life. Can you tell me where to buy one? XD

--------------------

Asher Omega
post Jun 4 2008, 9:05 AM
Post #69

Butterflix Fairy

got bored so I decided to watch the first Indiana Movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. ah nostalgia. on a side note I found a vid of the Half Life 2 Zombie noises, I wouldn't recommend watching this unless you don't scare easily. or alone in a darken room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFdpOMiCzs

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
LinneaKou
post Jun 10 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #70

Harmonix Fairy

I just saw a completely hilarious movie called "Throw Momma from the Train" with Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito on AMC. It was FUNNY. As in I LAUGHED SO HARD MY SIDES STILL HURT. Go and find it.

--------------------

Ranma
post Jun 10 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Forbidden Kingdom. Jet li + Jackie Chan = martial arts awesomeness...
Even though the movie wasn't their best -_-
I still liked it though.

I like how they avoided calling Goku, Goku, by just referring to him as the monkey king...feh.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Jun 10 2008, 6:35 PM
Post #72

Butterflix Fairy

The Great Escape. one of the few Historically accurate movies. I would highly recommend it.

--------------------

blargblargblargblarg.
Zhanneel
post Jun 10 2008, 9:29 PM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Why do I do this to myself? I've seen this movie before but got stuck watching it again when I was channel surfing: "All Quiet on the Western Front". It's a sad, provocative movie =(. But even through the sadness it's a great movie. You may end up watching it in World History (or possibly American History if you're from the US). Also makes me hate war >(.
AnnieBelle
post Jun 10 2008, 9:33 PM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy

Sailor Moon SuperS 'Black Dream Hole'
xD have not watched in so long, it's been in the basement and Riley and I don't bother digging it up. But now that we got a new VCR player, and it's summer...yeah.

--------------------
melgirl1778
post Jun 10 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #75

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

has anyone else seen indy? i thought is was a great movie!

--------------------

Made by Jah

Anime Princess
post Jun 11 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #76

Cosmix Fairy

lets see the last movie i saw in cinemas was on moday night i saw sex and the city
the last one on DVD transformers ^_^
and on youtube (at the cost of most of my monthly download limit) the winx club movie (yes in italian and no i didnt understand much of it)

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

LinneaKou
post Jun 11 2008, 6:35 PM
Post #77

Harmonix Fairy

Eh, I'll wait until I know for sure that the Italian DVD release has an English dub. If not, I'll find it on bittorrent, subtitled. *nods*

Last movie I saw: MIB2. Not as good as the original, but slapstick funny. Still, the villain(ess) wasn't really very good in my opinion. :-/

--------------------

P-girl
post Jun 11 2008, 6:38 PM
Post #78

Cosmix Fairy

Yup, especially in contrast with the first MIB villain: a giant cockroach. (Sorry, I just loved that guy/thing/alien/bug.)
LinneaKou
post Jun 11 2008, 6:44 PM
Post #79

Harmonix Fairy

I loved the Edgar-suit. *snigger* The actor did such a great job with it.
The whole Victoria-Secret-Biker-Chick thing just didn't work for me. But her lackey the-two-headed-idiot was good for some laughs.

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Jun 12 2008, 1:29 AM
Post #80

Cosmix Fairy

Most recent movie I saw was Beowulf earlier this week. It was okay, but not fantastic. My biggest complaints was CG that reminded me too much of Shrek, and the fact that the hero talked in such goddamn halting tones it got annoying.

--------------------

21 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 2:23 PM