Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Classics, Discuss classics here.
P-girl
post Aug 16 2008, 8:38 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Anyone here wanna discuss classics? Or at least older cartoons/tv-series?

Because I want to. I'm a fan of older cartoons (The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, M.A.S.K., Transformers G1, Biker Mice from Mars......) and other shows, like Monty Python. (Just found the 'Dead Parrot'-Sketch on Youtube. Is American Television paying attention? Now THAT'S humour.) Or maybe even 'The invisible man'. (Poor quality, campy, but oh so much fun to see.)
Go to the top of the page
Anime Princess
post Aug 16 2008, 8:16 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

i agree those shows are good shows i like M*A*S*H i used to watch it every afternoon at 5 till they took it off >_<

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

P-girl
post Aug 16 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

M*A*S*H* Is a darn good one to. Or 'Frasier' for that matter.
Anime Princess
post Aug 16 2008, 8:32 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

yea i never realy saw much fraiser but what i did was cool ^_^, it was funny on thursday i was watching the morning cartoons and the first show they had on was transformers animated and i was like no way how long has this been on for ^_^

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 16 2008, 8:34 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Transformers animated is pretty recent.... it has yet to come out in Holland. But heck yeah, it was awesome.
Guess what? There's going to be a Biker Mice from Mars revival! *Squee!* Happy fangirl!
Anime Princess
post Aug 16 2008, 8:39 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

cool i used to watch that on one of the morning cartoon shows ^_^ i havent seen it in ages

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Aug 17 2008, 2:01 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Frasier rocks. We get reruns of it in Ohio on weekdays at 2 pm. I'm almost always home from work by then.

I got into a lot of the old anime series made by Go Nagai about a year ago, most of them made in the 70s. Part of what makes me like the new series he's commissioned, like the Mazinkaiser OVAs, Getter Robo Armageddon, and Kotetsushin Jeeg is they kept the kind of feel of his older works.

Especially New Getter Robo. The original anime most people are familiar with actually toned down a lot of the mature themes of the manga. To be fair though... toning down the manga version of Jack King from a racist into an absurdly... absurd coybow... well, more than a few people thought it was brilliant.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Music123
post Sep 5 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

To be honest I don't watch a lot of TV nowdays but I used to like the old Sailor Moon series icon_smile.gif

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Dilaraphoenix
post Sep 5 2008, 6:18 PM
Post #9

A True Fairy

I was liking old cartoons that i watched when i was a smaller kid. or oldmade but cartoons that still being showed on TV. Most of the recent ones are like copies of eachother or copies of other TV shows.

--------------------

Siggy and avatar by me!
My piczo
My DA
Another Morning
post Sep 5 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

When I was but a wee one, my favorite shows were Xena the Warrior Princes, Hercules (the one with Kevin Sorbo), and Buffy the Vampire Slayer u___u

But I love Monty Python long time O: Sometimes they'll have all-day marathons on Sundays on BBC, and those are like, what I live for.

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Sep 5 2008, 10:27 PM

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Sep 6 2008, 3:52 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

*squeals with delight*

A classics thread! I suddenly feel like the "older people" I used to refer to when I was a teenager =P.

As for the Biker Mice from Mars, did everyone see that they are making a "new" cruddy version of it? I may even see what it's like tomorrow on 4kids if it's on this Saturday morning. Something tells me it's going to be even more screwed up than the 4kids G.I. Joe version. And I loved the 80's Joe cartoon! Why couldn't they just bring that show back for the next generations? There's some perfectly good cartoons going to waste in a warehouse that could be put back on daytime/after school slots. Wouldn't cost less than making new cartoons anyway? =P

I wish the US would have a lot more English-geared comedy as well. I like the dry comedy bits ^^. It's less dramatic and slapstick. I bet I've been missing out on a ton of British comedies, sitcoms, and movies. At least PBS does a few on Saturday nights, like "Are You Being Served?" and "Keeping Up Appearances".

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 3:08 PM