2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Code Lyoko
Princess Rissa
post Apr 3 2008, 1:20 AM
Post #1

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

who do you think is the cutest couple in code lyoko I think it's ULrichXYUmi and the girl pictures on my images is Yumi

This post has been edited by Princess Rissa: Apr 5 2008, 1:33 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Princess Rissa
post Apr 6 2008, 6:16 PM
Post #2

Sirenix Fairy

uhhh okay

--------------------
fullmoon
post Apr 15 2008, 1:55 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think so also. ^.^ I used to really like Code Lyoko also. I just have a problem with their huge foreheads and the fact that Yumi's face is always so white (cause of the powder cause she is japanese) when she materializes.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
MorriganAensland
post Apr 18 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I've never been too keen on Lyoko. First of all, it reminds me too much of Cyberchase. Now I love Cyberchase, mainly since I watched a marathon of the episodes when it first came on and enjoyed the pacing of the story. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Lyoko.

First of all, the "Undo time, but people stay dead" thing doesn't make much sense. The only way this idea works is when you make the arguement of "What's happened will happen anyways", like they did in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with Yoshikage Kira's power in the end of Part 4. To put it simply, he's marked a certain someone so if anyone interrogates that person about information about Kira, people near that person will all die and then time resets to the day before. Even if the person stays away from those that died, they'll still die at the exact same time, because the event's happened once and it'll play through again.

Second of all, I dislike how Yumi's been demoted to a girl who gets kidnapped *every* *damn* *time.* It gets boring when you present someone to be a competent fighter and then have them always be victimized.

And lastly, the idea about "Health points" doesn't do it for me. It's perfectly fine in RPGs and games, but in an actual story, when they are a *plot element*, it doesn't fit.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
fullmoon
post Apr 20 2008, 6:47 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Ya, true I don't get the thing that says people stay dead.

I get mad that they make Yumi really weak sometimes. Why don't they do that to Aelita..sheesh.

My rating:

8/10 (haven't watched it since one year so ya..I don't remember a lot)

--------------------

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Princess Rissa
post Apr 29 2008, 1:39 AM
Post #6

Sirenix Fairy

neither do I

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Apr 29 2008, 2:08 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

All in all, this show was pretty good. I too liked the Ulrich and Yumi coupling, and...as much as I liked Aelita, Jeremy ticked me off too much (especially the english voice acting--baaaaaaaaad). Yeah, there were quite a few issues the writers blurred over, and some parts in the plot structure were unrealistic or sketchy. But since the cartoon itself was not too heavy on details and was one of the shows you could pick up and put down (or at least I did once in a while), I didn't mind the problems.

There was only one problem I had with the show, regarding Yumi. In the first few seasons she wore a Geisha outfit?? The outfit, and maybe even the face makeup I could stand....but she fought with fans??? I just hated the idea of the only girl fighter using stereotypical girly fans to take down enemies, and not very effectively either. In contrast, I loved Aelita's costume in the last season--she had wings! Didn't Jeremy add those too? If he did, that was very sweet (everyone go "Awwww"). I wonder if I like Aelita because she also has pink hair ^^.

Since I'm talking about Aelita now, here's a great pic of her:
http://lunaromon.deviantart.com/art/Code-L...Aelita-57653441
Princess Rissa
post May 1 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #8

Sirenix Fairy

thanx

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post May 4 2008, 3:50 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

A little too... weird for me. The only sorta female angelic-looking character I really like is the Valsione from Super Robot Wars... and I've realized I've based some of Minako's abilities in Matei Mizuki off of it. *whistles innocently* Oh well, it's not like it based her too much off the Valsione and its spirtual counterpart, the Cybuster.

(<- Images of the two, since they just rock)

Anyways, using the fans is obviously disappointing. You'd expect her to use a more dignifying weapon that women in Japan were associated with, like the naginata. That's a very cool weapon, IMO. Almost as cool as a two-foot long bow... or a steamroller.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 4 2008, 3:58 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(Very nice SuperRobot Wars piccies. I really like the one on the left. Tough chick in a robot outfit ^^.)

*nodding my head all over the place* They give Ulrich the manly kitana/samurai look....and Yumi gets the fans. I feel so jipped. Even hand-to-hand combat would have been better. I want the female roles to be more kick ****!
MorriganAensland
post May 4 2008, 4:25 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

(That's not a girl in a robot suit. That IS a robot, designed to the specifications of one of the protagonists... who just happens to be the daughter of the man who was the main villain for the first third of the original SRW: OG game, and she's implied to have a relationship with the man that possibly killed her father. I'm making it sound much more stupid than it actually is, though.)

They gave a guy that's not Japanese a Japanese weapon. What the heck... isn't that one of the signs of a Gary Stu?

--------------------

P-girl
post May 4 2008, 4:50 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Meh, more like 'OMG, Japanese things are liek so cool!'

Sorry, but the whole show gives me that sort of vibe.
MorriganAensland
post May 4 2008, 5:13 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Now you know how I feel. And on a semi-related note...

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

And also, I get the feel that the Lyoko kids are all like Tetsuo Shima's illegitimate children, what with their massive foreheads and all. I fear the day they develop their psychokinetic powers will be the day Kaneda'll get called back into the job of killing monstrous adolescents that can wipe out massive military groups but fail against one guy on a motorcycle with a stolen laser rifle.

--------------------

Princess Rissa
post May 6 2008, 1:15 AM
Post #14

Sirenix Fairy

true

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 6 2008, 1:36 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The high brow foreheads were definitely a response to the correlation between high foreheads and intelligence, which many people associate as a Japanese characteristic. I wouldn't agree with the french director's on their choice of animation style. Personally, I just think the foreheads look freaking weird and completely disproportional.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 6 2008, 1:02 PM
fullmoon
post May 6 2008, 5:23 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

I didn't like the foreheads either. I didn't like that Yumi had a pale white face when virtualized. I think that the UlrichxYumi couple was sweet. Too bad Yumi had to be older. To me, in couples when the woman is older, it doesn't feel exactly the same...And by older, I mean by years...not like months. icon_razz.gif

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 7 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Well, it reeks of an Oedipus complex, among other things. There's less a stigma about older men dating younger women than the other way around. To be fair though, some of them aren't too terrible. I like the ZoroXRobin pairing in One Piece, and Robin's nine years older than Roranoa, if I recall correctly.

And the big foreheads look all the more unnatural in CG. *shivers*

--------------------

LinneaKou
post Jun 4 2008, 1:26 AM
Post #18

Harmonix Fairy

Eeeh, good show while it was on. Whenever I, my siblings, and my cousins were together, we'd drop everything around 4/5 PM and turn on Code:Lyoko. I liked the style, personally. It's French. The French are French and that's all there is to it. I guess I use that excuse a lot when it comes to Code:Lyoko. YumiXUlrich was kind of cute and then they brought in the creepy bad guy (what's his name again? I forgot) to toss things up. Aelita was cute, but in a princessy way. I always thought she'd be the one getting kidnapped all the time after she joined the Real World and they'd finally let Yumi be the strong female, but then again the French are pretty He-Man (note the Eiffel Tower is a giant phallus? XD). I still love France, but yeah. Personally, I thought the geisha theme for Yumi was cool. I love geishas. And I can explain the fan - when Chinese warrior-women would fight, they'd use fans because their elaborate fans would hide any weapons enclosed within. Besides, it's such an innocent-looking accessory - who'd expect to be disemboweled by a woman's fan? I agree with Morrigan that a naginata would have been SO cool. I haven't yet seen the last season due to the fact that life and school are conspiring to rob me of a social life, but I gotta wonder - does Jeremy ever get to experience Lyoko? How did it all start? We just jumped right into it with the Killer Teddy Bear episode. And finally, has anyone seen the pilot for it? And if you have, where can I find it again? My cousin doesn't believe me when I told him Ulrich was supposed to have puffy pants originally. XD I died laughing when I saw it.

I'm pretty sure the pilot has "Garage" and "Kids" in it somewhere... eh, it'll turn up...

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Zhanneel
post Jun 4 2008, 2:00 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Maybe you already found the episode you were looking for, but here's a youtube link if you still needed proof for your cousin to show Ulrich's ridiculous pants, and on top of that, cruddy face job. Sorry for the bad dubbing =P.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wCt03NafoAM

I do understand the use of fans to conceal weapons...but, I've seen too many movies where the women have used fans as weapons and it just seems cliche. Almost like they were banking on stereotypes too much. I loved reading Memoirs of a Geisha, but somehow I was a little offended when the main female fighter was chosen to wear such an uncommanding outfit, in the sense that geisha's weren't exactly fighters or hardy. For me, I just didn't see the parallel between a geisha and Yumi's character. Maybe they could have given her a second weapon at the least, such as a more robust weapon, that of course would normally be given to Ulrich since he is the man. Some kind of weapon to help blur out the female stereotypes underlying her costume choice. Though I do appreciate that she can best him in a hand to hand combat fight, at least I think she wins the majority of them. It could also be some pent up equal women's rights that is driving me to say all of these things. =P

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Jun 4 2008, 2:11 AM
LinneaKou
post Jun 4 2008, 7:39 PM
Post #20

Harmonix Fairy

rofl

Oh man I thought that video was gone forever! *sniggers* probably better if it were, ne? XD

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:34 PM