Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Pushing Daisies
Griselda
post Dec 16 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members

Can someone tell me what is so epic about this show and why everyone is so crazy for it? I fail to understand the plot from people's descriptions, and have yet to watch the show for myself.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Dec 21 2007, 4:12 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Gladly. I've watched the show a couple of times, and thouroughly enjoy it.

Here's the Wiki synopsis of the plot:

Pushing Daisies centers on the life of Ned, a pie maker gifted with the mysterious ability to bring dead things back to life by touching them. There are a couple of conditions to the somewhat unwanted talent, however. Ned quickly learns that if something is revived for more than exactly one minute something of equal "life value" in the vicinity drops dead, in a form of balance. Additionally, if he touches the revived thing a second time, it goes back to being dead again, permanently. No amount of his prodding will ever bring it back again.

In the pilot episode, Ned discovers his gift as a child by resurrecting his Golden Retriever, Digby, after the dog is hit by a truck. He later brings back his mother when she dies of an aneurysm. However, by leaving her alive, he accidentally causes the death of the father of his childhood sweetheart, Charlotte "Chuck" Charles. Even worse, Ned's mother then falls dead permanently when she gives him his good-night kiss. Ned and Chuck are separated; her agoraphobic aunts Vivian and Lily move in to take the role of her parents, while he is shipped off to a lonely boarding school.

Inheriting his mother's baking talents, Ned becomes a pie maker who owns a restaurant called "The Pie Hole," which he runs with the help of waitress Olive Snook. The restaurant is failing financially when private investigator Emerson Cod accidentally discovers Ned's gift and offers him a proposal; Ned will bring murder victims back to life, inquire about the circumstances of their untimely death, then touch them once more, all before his set limit of sixty seconds is up. Cod will then solve the case and they will split the reward money.

The scheme succeeds until they learn that Chuck, whom Ned hasn't seen since childhood, has been murdered on a cruise. When her body is shipped back home, Ned revives her, but can't bear to touch her a second time. Against his better judgment, Ned allows her to live and the larcenous funeral home director falls dead in her place. Ned and Chuck fall in love again and he brings her home to live with him under the unique circumstances of never being able to touch each other. Chuck is extraordinarily grateful upon receiving a second chance at life, and as such she starts to appreciate life as a truly precious resource and Ned, witnessing his vivacious beauty's happiness, begins to break out of his lonely shell.

The series continues as Ned, Chuck, Emerson, and Olive solve murder cases, negotiate relationships, and explore what it means to be fully alive. Their stories combine mystery, magic, dark humor, giddy romanticism, animals, technicolor landscapes, musical numbers, and, of course, pies.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 3:58 PM