2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> World of Winx Updates
P-girl
post Jun 23 2016, 4:48 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Everyone's favorite source; Michael's Favorites is at a trade show and has loads of new information about the Netflix Spin-off series: World of Winx.
Including the new transformation, Dreamix.
I personally like the transformation. It's sleek, with some drape-y bits for added flair, which is straight up my alley.
What I personally DON'T like is that my fears are confirmed and this is basically animated Fairy Couture. I REALLY don't like Fairy Couture.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jun 23 2016, 6:03 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I do quite like the design of the new transformation. Its just a shame he felt the need to add so many watermarks

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jun 23 2016, 6:07 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

While I am kinda bummed, I do get it.... Michael's usually the first with information, due to having access to these sort of events, and it spreads like wildfire, often without any credit. Can't say I blame him for wanting to be cautious.
We'll get unwatermarked images eventually, so I don't really mind.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jun 23 2016, 6:08 PM
dreamywinxgirl94
post Jun 25 2016, 8:34 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I had been watching the trending news of Winx Club lately and always been up to date in the Winx World...
(I apologized for not being online on forums lately due to so many personal issues in life, and aiming for my upcoming dream career; too much life opportunities in the way. ^^")

I totally adore their Dreamix Transformation, had been dreaming that the creators will come up with it and they actually did! <3
I even saw the screenshots Michael posted and my eyes squinted too hard with a face palm because I always love their old animation style and would love them to keep it that way. I would love the Fairy Couture look to be kept as the fashion, but seems to be spreading now to hit onto show's production. =S I mean when I saw the screenshots, they looked great than the fashion pose looking stand, possibly grown up? I will see how it goes when it comes on Netflix. =D Also I can't wait for Season 8 and the 4th Movie Production too...I just hope Season 8 is sticking with the old animation style though...

The only thing that bothers me with the Fairy Couture style is...the facial expressions specifically for Flora, Musa, and Aisha. =S Their eyes aren't the same as the old animation style we grew up with...

I know fans are insane not giving credits for Michael...and it is solemnly used for his site. I don't understand why fans cannot just show the link and whoever wants to see it can see through the link to check for updates, it's not really hard anyway... =/

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

mightymarty2
post Jun 26 2016, 8:00 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I think they will go back to the old style for season 8 as World of Winx is a spin off. I think they may have done that to separate it from the regular seasons.

Welcome back we all understand life can get in the way some times

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jun 26 2016, 8:06 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I'm personally more bothered with Fairy Couture lightening Aisha's and Flora's skintones. I should NOT be asking 'Who's the white girl?' when seeing a Flora drawing and ESPECIALLY not an Aisha drawing, like I have with Fairy Couture on several occasions now. I'm still cautiously optimistic because it sometimes DOES show them with their appropriate skintones, but let's just say I'm nervous.

Yeah, Michael's Winx Club is really getting screwed over by certain fans. He kinda blew up about it and I can't say I blame him. I mean, I don't know what his job or hobbies are that he gets to see exclusive things on trade shows like this, but when it gets leaked beyond his page, that could possibly spell out major trouble for him.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jun 26 2016, 8:06 AM
SpiderBraids
post Jun 26 2016, 8:33 AM
Post #7

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (dreamywinxgirl94 @ Jun 26 2016, 3:34 AM) *
I know fans are insane not giving credits for Michael...and it is solemnly used for his site. I don't understand why fans cannot just show the link and whoever wants to see it can see through the link to check for updates, it's not really hard anyway... =/

Hey, welcome back Dreamy icon_smile.gif Michael's always been serious about not letting people taking his stuff (credit or no), I can vouch for that...

Anyways, I saw the pictures at his site, and when I saw the one that said "Dreams come true", the first thing I thought of was "Just wait and see" icon_smile.gif The new fairy form looks like it could rival Enchantix/Believix for favorite form IMO icon_smile.gif

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 26 2016, 8:42 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

You think this will get dolls? I want Dreamix dolls.
mysticalwinxgirl...
post Jun 26 2016, 7:09 PM
Post #9

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I'm super excited about the spin-off series but the animation does look different than what we are used to/grew up with. I saw some of the pictures circulating around and it gives off a Totally Spies meets Black Widow look, don't you think? Regardless, I can't wait for it to release!

--------------------

do you believe in magic?
P-girl
post Jun 27 2016, 8:22 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

It does, it's kind of a genre staple.
dreamywinxgirl94
post Jun 27 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks all for the warm welcome back. xD

That would make sense for the spin off to be the Fairy Couture Style...the only thing I'm confused is what is their current transformation right now before Dreamix? It looks to me Dreamix will never be mentioned in the regular series? o.o Just have to find out soon.

P-girl, agreed with you with the skin tones issues..I forgot to mention that. Thanks for reminding me. Actually, Michael always ask Rainbow S.r.L's permission before posting the exclusive images on his site's news. There are certain images he has not allow to post them. So he's careful with them, but with the fans removing the credits of his exclusive picture takings he took as a member of visiting these remarkable licensing shows is not cool...He's very lucky to visit the Exclusive Winx Booths and travels just for the entire Winx Fans Community to get the glimpse of sneak peaks since none of us can actually get there in person.

I will love the Dreamix Dolls too! Hope they make the dolls. (Though, it's a disappointment since the dolls won't be in USA just like I couldn't find a single Bloomix Doll...)

QUOTE (SpiderBraids @ Jun 26 2016, 4:33 AM) *
Anyways, I saw the pictures at his site, and when I saw the one that said "Dreams come true", the first thing I thought of was "Just wait and see" icon_smile.gif The new fairy form looks like it could rival Enchantix/Believix for favorite form IMO icon_smile.gif

That's the same thought I have. <3 Not to forget it is also like Butterflix..the wings looked real butterflies not the graphical 2D butterfly as Butterflix. =D

QUOTE (mysticalwinxgirl97 @ Jun 26 2016, 3:09 PM) *
I'm super excited about the spin-off series but the animation does look different than what we are used to/grew up with. I saw some of the pictures circulating around and it gives off a Totally Spies meets Black Widow look, don't you think? Regardless, I can't wait for it to release!

That's true!
:)

------------------

Has anyone seen the plot's story on Michael's News? What you all think? I was actually smiling myself too hard because this is a bit parallel to another fantasy show I also watched "Once Upon A Time". xD (FUN FACT: I recently discovered Italy is also a huge fan of Once Upon A Time Series too. xD --sorry for off topic--) What an interesting story plot, that I'm looking forward to.

If forgot to see the plot, here's in text:
"As talent scouts for WOW (World of Winx)!, a talent show, the Winx are on Earth and they are busy to find boys and girls around the world, with a natural talent and a dream to achieve (in different fields, like singing, dance, information technology, music, art, and so on...).
This task is for them, funny but hard as well, because when they move from one city to another, they have to be careful to hide their fairy identities in their most dangerous mission ever: catching the Talent Thief, a mysterious and powerful being that, for unknown reasons, has already kidnapped some talented guys. And it is going to do it again now.
The Winx have to act undercover finding and saving all the talents in danger...they will be in the middle of comical situations very often; investigating without drawing attention will bring the six girls to do so many different jobs (dog-sitters, journalists, waitresses, etc...) as long as they find the kidnappers' refuge: a mysterious and magical island.
This island is the mythical Neverland, ruled by a cruel queen, who once was a little fairy called Tinker Bell. Without her Peter Pan, grown-up and far away, the little fairy is grown-up as well now and is ready for her revenge, capturing the special guys of the whole world in order to create her own new court of Lost Boys..."

Story Plot Text From: Michael's Winx Club's Exclusive Licensing Expo 2016 WOW Images (click to visit)

This post has been edited by dreamywinxgirl94: Jun 27 2016, 11:40 PM

--------------------

P-girl
post Jun 28 2016, 7:00 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I like it. It's a bit archetypical fare, but with Tinkerbell as a villain, I have my hopes that there might be some surprises. (Like, I can't imagine them making Tinkerbell unforgivably evil.). That and I'm curious with her Duman-like companion. He looks REALLY cool and the image that they have shows him cowering (?) so.... maybe he's not that evil himself?
mightymarty2
post Jun 28 2016, 7:31 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am not sure about Tinker Bell being evil its hard to work in my mind. I have never seen her as evil. It does seem a bit of a risk as to how fans of the more normal image of Tinker Bell react to her being evil.

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jun 30 2016, 4:39 PM
Post #14

Bloomix Fairy

Well, it has been pointed out that in the 1953 Disney film, Tink does try to get rid of Wendy... but still, most people's exposure to the character has been through the Disney Fairies DVDs, so it does seem a bit risky to portray her as antagonistic icon_confused.gif OTOH, the show is meant for a slightly more mature audience, so we'll see how it goes...

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jun 30 2016, 5:39 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Well that was reduced to just being jealous but looking at the post it says 5-10 years old so its not really older if anything its younger

--------------------
P-girl
post Jul 1 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

I think children that age can handle it. While I said elsewhere that the 5-10 age range should be taken into account before leaping to 'Too Childish!' complaints, I do hope they take some risks with the story. I mean, just because it's for children doesn't mean it can't be smart or dark.
dreamywinxgirl94
post Jul 15 2016, 8:30 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

I'm sure the kids will understand how Think became evil if they show what really happened in the backstory. The backstory will surely explain her youngster time to a grown up Tinkerbell not the same kind as a Tinker Bell Series and with Peter Pan. Then the result will be like hoping the Winx help Tinker Bell be back to good again when Tinker Bell realized what she was doing with the talent kids was wrong for them to be taken away from home to Neverland. (I'm assuming this plot might be this way unless Rainbow S.r.L has another similar plot)

Has anyone seen the new Images lately that Michael posted? o.o First I love the Dreamix Form so realistic! Second of all...I'm like what the heck happened to Aisha's skin and even possibly Flora's skin color too? -_-" That's not their skin color... =( I really hope that's the lighting issue...cause of too much light effects surrounding them...

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 16 2016, 7:07 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I was afraid that was going to happen.... This style is heavily based on Fairy Couture and.... yeah. Fairy Couture has issues.
I'm personally extremely dissapointed.
musa225
post Aug 26 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #19

Tynix Fairy

I think WOW will be very interesting.

--------------------

Click on the image above to join in on the fun! Send me a message when you do.
***xoxx***
SpiderBraids
post Oct 7 2016, 4:11 PM
Post #20

Bloomix Fairy

UnaDiNoi-Winx reports the news we've been waiting so long for icon_smile.gif Don't know if the date applies to just the US, or other eligible markets as well icon_confused.gif

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyAdd Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 4:40 PM