> No 4kids Season 4 or Movies :'(, its official <.<
It'sThePower...
post Jul 5 2010, 7:00 PM
Post #21

Pixie

Group: Members

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:57 PM) *
I'm only saying that I think these are the bad part of the 4kids dub

-Changing the plot (censoring, rearranging, renaming anything)
-Shortening the episode length
-EVERY inconsistency in the plot
-SOME of the voice actors.

Some of the VAs are good, others are just bad.

Trufax.How can you like a show if it's changed so much?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
dreamywinxgirl94
post Jul 5 2010, 7:09 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I heard about it and I felt shocked with that news. ='( I was really upset cause I won't see Winx anymore on TV, just online only...really unfair for those Fans in USA who doesn't have a computer to watch Winx Club again.

The only thing I love is the voices in 4kids.tv they suit them well which each character's personality. I mean. I'm not use to RAI-English voices cause I'm use to the American voices cause I get confuse easily with RAI-English's voices. It would be good if 4kids.tv just use RAI-English and make Americans voice them with the same script from RAI-English. Also leaving the scenes alone since it's annoying to see them being cut off. (Just my opinion)

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Anime. It's just that Winx Club was the best for me. xD It looks like 4kids.tv is making it into Anime now...-_-" As it announced...for Fall 2010.

But something caught me in Michael's Winx Club too:

"Furthermore, according to Television Business International (TBI) Kids June/July 2010 Magazine, page 7-8, Michael found that Rainbow is taking distribution rights for Winx Club back from 4Kids, with a new partner set to be announced. In speaking with Rainbow personnel, Michael was informed they are shopping around, so networks like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, who air Winx Club in other countries, could be possible contenders for USA, but nothing is definite at this time. Cartoon Network did air Winx Club in the USA for a short time once before."

Yeah...Cartoon Network have it before and cancel Winx Club for the short time and 4kids.tv own that show now. It was nice to watch Winx Club in the afternoons of 5:30PM Everyday. xD Those memories back from 2005. Now I don't think Cartoon Network will be getting it back again? 0.0 Could Nickelodeon get it too? Who will be the next company to get Winx Club back to USA? Hopefully, they will. =)

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

It'sThePower...
post Jul 5 2010, 7:16 PM
Post #23

Pixie

I think Nickelodeon might get it because it's done so well with it in other countries.

So, this means the Fire and Flame DVD will never be released?

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 6 2010, 1:40 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I dont really know alot about the whole dubbing thing, so if Nick or Cartoon Network get the license will they dub it or just play the RAI version?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

wkw427
post Jul 6 2010, 2:18 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

They played the rai version

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Jul 6 2010, 2:25 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

So why did 4kids dub it rather than play the RAI version? Are they a different kind of company or something =S

--------------------

{§hani}
post Jul 6 2010, 8:28 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

man that really sucks i liked the 4kids Dubs :C WHY??? SERIOUSLY WHY 4KIDS WHY??im mean im not from the U.S but Australia gets the 4kids version and not the Rai, its sad really because i grew up with it and now its just gone.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Boo
post Jul 6 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (DeadInside @ Jul 5 2010, 09:19 AM) *
What? Sorry if I'm the "freak" i here but
Are you people really complaining about not having the messed up version anymore and if you want to see it you have to see it as it was actually made to be seen? Really?
I've seen both, and I know that as you see things you get used to being in some way but... no matter what i'll always prefer the things as the author really made them not as some... people mess them up don't know why...

I think that the upset around here is justified: if the 4kids dub is what someone is used to or was what introduced the show to them, I think complaints are only to be expected as well as reasonable. If it's what we're used to, in most cases, it is also what is preferred. Now, though, there is no second option.

It is true that 4kids handled the show in a rather terrible manner (when it comes to cutting scenes, etc.), but it is what some are used to.

Personally, I thought 4kids excelled in the department of character voices (not all, but most.) That, and many have grown used to the voices and most likely have attached them with their respective character. Being forced to switch over to a new company now, after years, is definitely stable grounds for complaint.

This isn't a matter of who is better, it's a matter of disappointment over the loss of the 4kids option.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
It'sThePower...
post Jul 6 2010, 4:57 PM
Post #29

Pixie

I understand how people aren't used to the RAI voices after the 4kids version, because I wasn't either at first. But, you get used to them eventually. Anyway, the new voice for Bloom in season four RAI was like a mix of both versions. Stella's Rai voice is less whiney, but still familiar. Musa's is very different, I admit her 4kids one is good and fitting though. Tecna's voice is great and better than the british accent. That's so stereotypical, just because we're British doesn't make us smarter than anyone else. And so on...

--------------------
PinkSugar
post Jul 6 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #30

Enchantix Fairy

Well said, Boo. I'm quite sad to hear that 4kids won't be continuing to dub and release the dvds. Why? Like you said, I'm used to it. I'll watch RAI english online, and I did, in fact see all of Season 3 in Rai English because by the time I got through season 1 and 2, season 3 had gone off air and wasn't anywhere to be found on the vast internet.

If the RAI english was available here on DVD? I'd probably buy it along with 4kids. 4kids for the voices (for me) and RAI for the plot. But I'm weird. I wouldn't mind owning RAI DVDs just to have the option should I feel like it.

But that's off topic. This is still disheartening. I don't really want to have to pay for expensive shipping should the RAI English DVDs be released outside the US (well, obviously they're not going to be released in the US...) But I want to own season 4, and quite honestly I would have loved to own a copy of the movie as well.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
winxclubrox23
post Jul 6 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I already died I bit inside about this a few days ago. No reason to bring that back. I has one thing to saw.

Michael Sinterniklaas was the best Riven ever. Nobody will ever replace him. He brought him to life from episode one, and that simply won't change in my mind.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Jul 6 2010, 11:23 PM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Another Morning
post Jul 7 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I liked the 4kids dub, I preferred it to the RAI, and I am pretty upset about this. I makes me wonder once again what went wrong with bringing Winx to America. I think that if it was more popular, we wouldn't have had this problem...

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
RenaEnchantix
post Jul 7 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #33

Harmonix Fairy

I honestly view this as a good thing. not because I didn't like the 4Kids dub any more than the Rai Dub, or because I'm american and found the US version more appealing (which I didn't, btw), or anything like that. This is good because we actually have MORE of a chance seeing season 4 and the movies now. Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon not only go through like 3 seasons of a show a year, but they air tv movies LIKE CRAZY! if Winx Club goes to either of them and is on the air in 2011, I can absolutely see an american release of the 1st movie by/in 2012. granted, it might go to that Nicktoons network, but we'd still get a DVD release of the movie for anyone who doesn't have that channel.

it's clear that Rainbow wants winx in the american market, but couldn't put it there if 4Kids owned it. 4Kids doesn't have the money to dub anything new. if you check out their "new" toonzai lineup, it's all stuff that's been dubebd for YEARS! i mean, Cubix has been done since like 2002...and isn't even japanese or anime! it's CGI, and I'm pretty sure it's Korean. it isn't the first time companys have taken away liscenses either. 4Kids wasn't allowed to dub the second half of Tokyo Mew Mew, and eventually lost the rights to it because of how they handled the series.

nobody can deny that winx club is HUGE, almost globally. it's only failed in America because of 4Kids shoddy handling of it. poor time slots and no marketing or products since season 1? I was so happy when Winx went to cartoon network because I could actually watch it at a reasonable time!

it's too soon to tell anything, but I view this as the dawn of a new day for the Winx in America.
It'sThePower...
post Jul 7 2010, 9:22 PM
Post #34

Pixie

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Jul 6 2010, 07:46 PM) *
I makes me wonder once again what went wrong with bringing Winx to America. I think that if it was more popular, we wouldn't have had this problem...

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Jul 6 2010, 07:48 PM) *
it's only failed in America because of 4Kids shoddy handling of it. poor time slots and no marketing or products since season 1

I think that's your answer :)

Yeah, but maybe now America will get the Believix toys?

(On a side note, if they made the sophiex and lovix, why haven't they merchandised them yet?)

--------------------
RenaEnchantix
post Jul 7 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #35

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (It'sThePowerofBelievix @ Jul 7 2010, 05:22 PM) *
Yeah, but maybe now America will get the Believix toys?

(On a side note, if they made the sophiex and lovix, why haven't they merchandised them yet?)

If nickelodeon got Winx, we'd probably only see the show released on iTunes and DVD as merchendise. with the exception of iCarly and H2O, their shows don't seem to have toys anymore. Cartoon Network we might see more toys from them, but not sure they'd be dolls. probably more like action figures or something.

now, if Rainbow handled the merchandising, we'd probably see dolls, playsets, everything Winx all over again. if the do it with Rainbow Toys or Matel would be a different story, but we'd probably get all sorts of merchandise.

I don't think there is merchandise of Sophix and Lovix because they were only used once in the show. They could maybe sell the outfits seperate from the dolls so that you can dress them up and stuff, but I doubt they'd make a different line just for sophix and lovix.
animefan32
post Jul 8 2010, 1:42 AM
Post #36

A True Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Jul 4 2010, 06:59 PM) *
The worst part is being stuck with the RAI voices and background music for anything Winx in the the future... yeah I've just lost alot of interest for what used to be my favourite show by so far.

There's nothing wrong with the RAI voice and background music, the bg music is actually the music used in the original version and it has the original plot line you'd think you'd be much happier with that instead of the dumbed down changed 4kids version
humbu111
post Jul 8 2010, 1:47 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

Dude, its a difference of opinion.

--------------------

animefan32
post Jul 8 2010, 1:51 AM
Post #38

A True Fairy

So, that still doesn't mean you can't enjoy the Rai version which is more like the original version (or doesn't really answer my question either), this is not really a big crisis it's actually a big miracle, instead of complaining about how 4kids doesn't have it anymore why not try working on getting the Rai version here in the US and watching it getting used to the voices, 4kids did have some better VA's but overall the Rai version is superior and you should be happy you can still watch it in english so there's really not a reason to complain i understand you're used to it and all but come on, it would be different if we were without a dub

This post has been edited by animefan32: Jul 8 2010, 1:54 AM
It'sThePower...
post Jul 8 2010, 7:21 PM
Post #39

Pixie

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Jul 7 2010, 06:54 PM) *
If nickelodeon got Winx, we'd probably only see the show released on iTunes and DVD as merchendise. with the exception of iCarly and H2O, their shows don't seem to have toys anymore. Cartoon Network we might see more toys from them, but not sure they'd be dolls. probably more like action figures or something.

now, if Rainbow handled the merchandising, we'd probably see dolls, playsets, everything Winx all over again. if the do it with Rainbow Toys or Matel would be a different story, but we'd probably get all sorts of merchandise.

I don't think there is merchandise of Sophix and Lovix because they were only used once in the show. They could maybe sell the outfits seperate from the dolls so that you can dress them up and stuff, but I doubt they'd make a different line just for sophix and lovix.

Yeah but, the sophiex and lovix seemed to be made just for merchandising purposes. Anyway, I think if Nickelodeon got the show, we'd see the comic too, and if it was sucessful, then other companies would want it.

--------------------
DeadInside
post Jul 10 2010, 9:50 AM
Post #40

Sirenix Fairy

Ok, Ignoring the plot differences, I'll give that to you that the voice changes are always annoying...

but not even close to fatal, see... I've Past through this time ago, I watch the first 2 seasons in Rai-Spanish-L.A but then for time zone issues the show moved like about 5Am, so i watch season 3 online on Rai-English (Other people I know drop the show because they were unable to watch it on english without subs, later it appear the Rai-Spain floating around online but the dub was horrible, so i stay on Rai-English. All of these versions have the Same script so, there was no big deal... I can say that even when it bother a little it is no reason to make so much noise about that... If you ask me the best voices are on the italian version IMO

I'll only say, that if you were complaining about the voices, sound, then you are right. But if you are complaining about the plot, see it like actually 4Kids make you a favor droping the show.

--------------------

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:18 PM