Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Add Reply
> Avatar The Last Airbender, DO U WATCH IT>>??
P-girl
post Dec 2 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #141

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

To revive this thread. Who here things the Order of the White Lotus is the greatest group of old people EVER? Forget Ozai vs. Aang, forget Azula vs. Zuko. The Order of the White Lotus vs. Fire Nation Soldiers wins. Period. I know I'm late. Blame localization. I'm off worshipping Iroh, Bumi, Pakku, Jeong Jeong and Piandao. Later.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Dec 2 2008, 1:25 PM
Post #142

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well, to further revive the thread, I started watching it yesterday. I like the... maturity in which the writers tackled the strip... along with a little bit of adult humor in there. ("Everything freezes in there!")

If I wanted to be a jerk, I'd complain about the banter between Katara and Sokka, but that would make me a hypocrite since Gundam ZZ's first episode was a *recap*. One that pushed the merchandise for the last 11 minutes. So yeah.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Zhanneel
post Dec 2 2008, 2:41 PM
Post #143

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

*hugs Morri* And thanks again for giving Avatar a shot =).

The Order of the White Lotus was incredible, especially when I think about how their devotion to each other overrode years of war and alienation between waring nations. Iroh is hands down my favorite of the bunch, because of his sage and wisdom, and then on the opposite end you have his optimistic simpleness. Who doesn't love this man and his fascination with good tea ^^ (And RIP Mako, who incidentally also did voice acting for Samurai Jack, awesome). I was also looking up the game the Order uses as a cover, Pai Sho, and even though it's a fictional game if I could get all the materials together I wouldn't mind trying it out. I even found the rules for the game here.

And yeah Morri, there's going to be a lot of sister-brother banter, but at some points it gets hilarious. A lot of people also criticize Katara's motherliness, but even then the writer's do a fairly good job explaining her feelings. However, don't go looking things up ahead of time! ...or else. xD
P-girl
post Dec 2 2008, 3:06 PM
Post #144

Cosmix Fairy

Iroh is indeed, by far the greatest. But I also can't resist King Bumi and his delightfull madness

*Spoiler*

Putting a smiley-face on Ozai's statue before sending it crashing down, priceless.

*Spoiler end*
Zhanneel
post Dec 2 2008, 3:39 PM
Post #145

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*nod* His extremely quirky sense of humor rivals that of Iroh's tea obsession. Very strange still to think that Aang used to play with him when he was younger. I love how Bumi never completely grew up ^_^.
Asher Omega
post Dec 2 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #146

Butterflix Fairy

Gearing up for the last four eps. *no spoilers from me.* Iroh is just plain awesome. and I've been searching for a while for the rules to Pai sho. Thanks!

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
MorriganAensland
post Dec 2 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #147

Cosmix Fairy

Well, to be fair I always imagined Iroh having the mannerisms of Garp from One Piece. Like an old guy that is old but is still a lot of laughs and fun to be around.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Zhanneel
post Dec 3 2008, 4:14 AM
Post #148

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

@Asher: No problem icon_wink.gif. Now I want to built a board and paint some pieces...

@Morrigan: I'd say that's a good summary of Iroh's character. He's got a lot going on with him in his past and the story, but he's definitely a fun-loving guy.
sweetmusa
post Feb 27 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #149

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (bloom-enchantix-charmix @ Jun 20 2007, 09:01 AM) *
Anyone watch AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER??
If u Do tell me wat u think of the show + if u hav any idea when season 3 is gonna start plz tel me

umm i think it came out already
i have almost all the dvds

--------------------

thanks Ditta for the set
an angel's smile will turn even tears into rainbows,
P-girl
post Feb 27 2009, 2:41 PM
Post #150

Cosmix Fairy

That's what you get with old threads. Things happen.
Another Morning
post Feb 27 2009, 9:41 PM
Post #151

Cosmix Fairy

*gave up Avatar for Lent* Arrrg it's only been three days and I'm already starting to crack ><

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Feb 28 2009, 3:00 AM
Post #152

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*cackle* You gave it up for Lent? Does that mean you watch an episode--or ten--every day?
AnnieBelle
post Feb 28 2009, 3:04 AM
Post #153

Cosmix Fairy

{I gave up ice cream for Lent...Sarah had suggested that I try to give up Hetalia for Lent, but...xD that would have gotten *nowhere*.}

And about the finale: did everyone else find it *epic*?

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Feb 28 2009, 3:08 AM
Post #154

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The finale, like the whole episode? Or just a certain part of the ending? I did find the ending completely satisfactory though, and my brain wasn't left wondering too much.
AnnieBelle
post Feb 28 2009, 3:14 AM
Post #155

Cosmix Fairy

The whole 4-part finale, I mean. ^^ I thought it was...well, *pokes her previous post*

{My friends and I got together to watch the whole series over again [because Sarah has all the DVDs] the other weekend, we just *had* to stop when Zuko went in to ask Ozai about where his mom was...and make fun of it. xD}

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Feb 28 2009, 3:29 AM
Post #156

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I need closure! The two writers of Avatar must do a follow up on the whereabouts of Zuko's mother!

And this is kind of sad...I'm having a hard time remembering the last four episodes of Avatar. But I remember liking Aang's choice to take Lord Ozai's powers away. I thought that was perfect. As for the very very ending, I know it was supposed to be peaceful but I guess I wanted to see them doing more than just hanging out together. I'll say I poked a lot of fun at Aang and Katara's intimate moment. Hehe.

Oh wait. I lied. I loved the Katara/Zuko/Azula fight. That I thought was pretty epic.
Another Morning
post Feb 28 2009, 9:03 AM
Post #157

Cosmix Fairy

My brother and I pretty much freaked out through the whole finale XD We were such spazes that day. But it made it fun, and it was indeed totally epic. The air ships, the White Lotus fight (Bumi was BENDING WHOLE FRIGGING BUILDINGS ASDLJFKHNALDKFJAS), the Agni Kai with Zuko and Azula, Aang vs Ozai, everything x____x And I may have tearbended a little when Zuko and Iroh reunited.

And I like watch it whenever it comes on, so I had to stop doing that, and I'm not lurking around comms waiting for more movie info every day >_>

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Mar 9 2009, 7:48 PM
Post #158

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I just did a double take. But it was a happy one. Dev Patel (from Slumdog Millionaire) is playing Zuko!! My brain says "I don't know about that..." and then I tell my brain to shut up if it knows what's good for it. Dev rocks! What a cutie, and he gets to play Zuko? Wow... =)

http://www.sidereel.com/_post/139175

Apparently everyone's making a big stink about how Shyamalan picked an entirely caucasian cast (except for the recent decision to re-cast Zuko and choose Patel--the first choice was somehow incompatible with the cast?). I didn't even know who was going to be cast, let alone what they looked like. But...I think I'd have to agree. Why are they picking white people to play the entire cast? Especially Katara and Sokka. And Indian, Spanish, or other-wise mixed racial background would work a lot better there. We do live in the 21st century, so why the decision to pick among only the white stock? So confused. And now I'm having more and more mixed feelings about the integrity of this movie. At least casting Dev is one thing that will ensure I watch the movie. Though I still say Dante Basco would have been more than perfect for the role ^_^.
Another Morning
post Mar 9 2009, 9:32 PM
Post #159

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, a lot of people were really mad about the casting. Jesse McCartney was going to be Zuko before the recast. I'm serious XD

And as for the new guy, I haven't actually seen anything he's in but...I'm still wary about him for the same reason I was wary about McCartney. He just doesn't really look anything like the Zuko from the show.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Apr 17 2009, 1:47 AM
Post #160

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I can actually see Dev Patel in the role of Zuko. Sure he always has that happy-go-lucky smile on his face in most pictures, but he's a really good actor and he'll make it believable. I hope ^^. They'll just change up the hair, put a scar on him, and maybe put him in some washed-out lighting? I guess my thoughts were why pick someone with dark skin for Zuko when they should have been thinking about that when casting Katara and Sokka. Sheesh!

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th June 2024 - 2:19 AM