Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Sailor Moon Manga, Off topic - any knwledge on the matter would be appreaciated
aqua_pearl
post Dec 24 2009, 8:19 AM
Post #1

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Before when we were making comparisons to Sailor moon and winx club it got me reminising and I actually went back and watched some episodes on you tube and was looking up the art on the internet. I forgot how beautiful the manga art was and began reading some of the manga online I came across, and it is just as beautifully drawn, she puts such elegance and movement in her work. I remember looking at my friends manga when I was little *cough * (god im making myself sound like im old and as if this was decades ago) *cough* ok younger (though it was in japanese and unlike her I couldnt read it but i knew the show so i got the jist of what was going on. The Sailor moon show was jsut starting here when I was like 7 and already finishing in japan and her grandma would send her stuff all the stuff and I was like wow whats that super insane sceptre and that glowy flashy chalice thing and omg theres more scouts! [I didnt really know the planets then, its actually how i learned about the other planets. the only one that didnt surprise me was saturn, everyone knows about saturn when theyre little...]. She had pokemon stuff to only at the time i didnt know they were pokemon because they didnt come here for like another three years, and then at that point i officially wanted to be japanese because it seemed like everything awesome came from japan) and ...

*clears throat*

...well it brought me back to all that and the arts really beautiful and its a great story. Anyways MY POINT is I now have it in my head to fulfill one old forgotten childhood dream and hunt down the complete 18 volumes that are now out of print and so far my best bet seems to be EBAY for oodles of money.

If anyone knows of any way to obtain good condition Sailor moon Manga in english (because I havn't magically learned japanese yet because my brain is cheap [and i've never tried...]) other then ebay please lend a hand. Or if you own them and would like to sell them on ebay id be a willing customer.

Otherwise ill probably just spend and possibly waste oodles of money.

I have a feeling after I finally obtain them they will suddenly decide to make it legal to print them again after the twelve years its been expired. But you never know...

[attachment=1031:4_55.jpg]

[attachment=1032:nt4_060.jpg]

Remind you of any current themes...?
[attachment=1033:4_37.jpg]

This post has been edited by aqua_pearl: Dec 24 2009, 8:31 AM
Go to the top of the page
melgirl1778
post Dec 24 2009, 2:53 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i just sold all of mine on ebay... however i do know of an online site that you can read all of the scans! which is how i read them. it took a bit longer then reading a book, bt it worked and was free! the site is...

http://digital-wing.com/neonobility/multimedia.php

--------------------

Made by Jah

Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th June 2024 - 10:27 PM