Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Photoshop foolery., I see wat u did thar.
jsispitz
post Feb 15 2010, 3:39 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

*Maybe this is the wrong place for this?*

So I did a search on DA today for winx art (like I always do) and a very suspicious gallery has popped up.

There are some strangely accurate, yet badly 'scanned' so-called traditional works in the gallery of http://loveinbloom.deviantart.com/

I'm no photoshop expert here, but as someone who uses traditional media all the time (and who uses a scanner constantly) something about this gallery is mega-fishy to me. Those are NOT pencil or ink marks on paper, I don't care how bad your scanner settings are your traditional drawings won't come out looking like that =/ I've done bad scans on an older scanner in the past, you could still tell what media was used.

However, with the right photoshop filters on a premade image you CAN get effects like this. As far as I'm concerned, this person is going around totting altered images of official winx art as their own. I'm not quite ready to bring my proof to the DA mods just yet, because as far as photoshop goes I almost NEVER use filters so I'm still trying to figure out which exact ones were used. But once I figure it out, I do plan on reporting the gallery.

If anyone knows what they did exactly, that would help xD I know for certain that it's shopped though, I've seen this done before. >=U

Duping people is just fail. I hate it when people lie to get butt-pats. It undermines everyone else who works hard on their art.

--------------------

...Well isn't that...special...
Go to the top of the page
winxclubrox23
post Feb 15 2010, 3:58 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I *think* I know what their doing. There's like, a setting on Pages, and I'm sure there's other programs that have it as well, probably Photoshot and you can change like, the roughness of outlines of things. Like, I could take a random picture of anything from Google right now, and make it look like what their doing.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Feb 15 2010, 3:58 AM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
{§hani}
post Feb 15 2010, 8:12 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

lol yea thats photoshop for sure!! *cringe* make real art, buddy. your making the rest of us look bad XD *dont kill me!!*

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Winx4eva!
post Feb 15 2010, 8:39 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yep...it's photoshoped. There's a metallic, sketch and grayscale effect looming over there. Maybe a little of "Magic Wand". Lol Sha-Sha...

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
P-girl
post Feb 15 2010, 8:41 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

That's bad.... now, I know I use some photoshop on my own drawings, but at least I say I do and give credit to where it's due. And even then, it's not as blatantly obvious and lazy as..... this.
wkw427
post Feb 15 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Hah I found these last night and I'm talking to her, I will be a double agent!

But is she stealing somebodys work and claiming it as her own? Aside from Rainbow, that is, because you steal their worke ven when yuo draw fanart.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Feb 15 2010, 1:25 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

They're called disclaimers. Every time I write a fanfic, I announce that I don't own this work and give the names of the companies that do.
jsispitz
post Feb 15 2010, 1:40 PM
Post #8

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 15 2010, 03:41 AM) *
That's bad.... now, I know I use some photoshop on my own drawings, but at least I say I do and give credit to where it's due. And even then, it's not as blatantly obvious and lazy as..... this.

Using photoshopn on your own work is fine...I've created entire pieces in photoshop with a tablet. But this is just...well, complete and utter fail =/

--------------------

jsispitz
post Feb 15 2010, 2:08 PM
Post #9

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 15 2010, 07:35 AM) *
Hah I found these last night and I'm talking to her, I will be a double agent!

But is she stealing somebodys work and claiming it as her own? Aside from Rainbow, that is, because you steal their worke ven when yuo draw fanart.

Naw, I definitely think it's all official. Not to be blunt or mean, but the majority of winx fan art out there doesn't look that pro.

--------------------

dreamywinxgirl94
post Feb 15 2010, 9:36 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Hm, it's really is photoshop. Kinda impossible to do everything in pencil cause it's like gray scale filter in photoshop. Usually...the artist always clean the area where white spots are instead of leaving black dots everywhere.

I think loveinbloom didn't meant to say that she drew it? I'm hoping she isn't claiming the works from Rainbow S.p.A's Artists. I'm thinking she was trying to say that she just made the images in gray scale filter. It's really strange that she isn't explaining that she just edit the images into black scale filter on photoshop. I'm thinking she is claiming them that she actually drew them. -_-" Since she didn't explain how she did it.

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

P-girl
post Feb 15 2010, 9:41 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I think she thinks a whole lot of people are fooled by this. Either because she thinks no one has ever taught of this because she never saw it somewhere else, or because she thinks most Winx Club members are (said to be) young girls, who are (said to be) quite naïve. That, or she's quite naïve herself and actually sees this as valid art.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Feb 15 2010, 9:42 PM
jsispitz
post Feb 15 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Bloomix Fairy

She has them all uploaded in the traditional art category, and when someone said she draws well she said thanks. =/

If she was just using the premade stock graphics to create something for a fansite (like a banner or whatever), I wouldn't be so irritated by this. But since that's not the case, and the work is being claimed as her own by her not owning up to the use of premade graphics the work needs to be proven as fake and reported to be taken down.

As far as DA rules goes, wether she altered the graphics or not they're still not allowed on the site because she didn't create or ask permission to use the content. I think the only way you can even get away with that on DA is by the use of stamps, icons and screenshots.

--------------------

{§hani}
post Feb 16 2010, 7:43 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

poor girl, dont want to be mean but she's doing it wrong *inconspicious whistle*

anywho i found another girl that imposteres work, BUT i have however lost her =_= i need to find her again she was stealing work and re-uploding it, like quite popular winx fanart too. and when i told her she was she replied "haha your so funny" whats that supposed to mean? *rolls eyes*

--------------------

Princess-Mariah
post Feb 16 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #14

Butterflix Fairy

Heeheee I'll get it through her head that we know its photooshop i just put comment on her profile and its long, im windstorm117 on it lol.

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
Princess-Mariah
post Feb 16 2010, 9:35 PM
Post #15

Butterflix Fairy

I just comented every pic icon_biggrin.gif lets make everyone know of this

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
{§hani}
post Feb 18 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

haha sneaakkiieee ;3 i was trying to find that person i was talking about, the one that steals winx fan art and says its hers to no avail.. damn!

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Feb 21 2010, 2:02 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE ({§hani™} @ Feb 15 2010, 11:43 PM) *
poor girl, dont want to be mean but she's doing it wrong *inconspicious whistle*

anywho i found another girl that imposteres work, BUT i have however lost her =_= i need to find her again she was stealing work and re-uploding it, like quite popular winx fanart too. and when i told her she was she replied "haha your so funny" whats that supposed to mean? *rolls eyes*

Oh, yes. This. I've come across one of these as well. When I said something about it, I don't think she understood as she replied in Russian.

--------------------

{§hani}
post Feb 21 2010, 8:30 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

wait is that Peaches-b?

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Feb 21 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

No, it wasn't her. Shoot, I wish I could remember who it was!

By the way, your signature is amazing.

--------------------

Chimera
post Feb 22 2010, 7:23 AM
Post #20

A True Fairy

BLEHEHEHE lol i love snails! XDDD and i love fabio, i admit it.

hmm someone sent a message to peaches, she only talks russian though so im like O-O ehh?
anywho she's been posting her own art lately.. buutt she hasnt deleted the winx official magazine art yet =-= wich is anoying but its a start.

--------------------

Set by Jahnavi <3

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 AM