Add Reply
> Humanity is a flawed prospect, AKA humans = epic fail
Rating 5 V
wkw427
post Sep 2 2009, 6:56 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Mazie and I were having this discussion, so why don't we put it here?

We started out discussions Burger King and how I ate a whopper and a double whopper today.
Then fast food.
Then I said I would like to live in Tokyo because the people are all beautiful and thin, where America is just fat and rude.
She says McDonalds in Costa Rica DELIVER FAST FOOD!
so I go on about how Americans are so far that North America is actually SINKING into the Earth faster then the Moon is flying away!
So we start discussing how the Pacific Ocean is closing

Pretty interesting, Earth will be 1 super-continent again in 100 million years. What is sad is that we won't be around to experience that because we'll either kill ourselves, or a giant rock will do it.
Then Mazie says we should move to Mars. That is possible. If we terraform it. All we need to do is nuke it enough so that the planet becomes molten again, toss a few trillion tons of rocks into it so that they sink to its core, thus making the gravity stronger and more earth-like, and them bombard it for a few thousand years with icy asteroids so that there is water on it. And we can live on it!
But Mazie brings up the point that it will cost too much.

So that is where I leave you. Humanity will always hate eachother due to race and other silly reasons because of one reason
WE ARE SENTIENT! WE ARE SELF AWARE! WE CAN THINK WITHOUT THE NEED FOR A HIVE MIND!!!
And thus, humans are flawed. The single reason that makes us better from monkeys or fish is that we can think, and thus with think comes ideas about others. If monkeys need help, other monkeys will help. They care not of that monkeys background, just that they are monkeys.
We, however, can form rational thoughts about others and form a dislike due to race or behavior.

If we did need to migrate to another planet, we wouldn't. Or, at this time, we couldn't, because everyone is so concerned with momentary gane that we do not help out other people! We care less for those who need help, and only care for ourselves to increase what we own.

Untill an external threat emerges that we can not combat by ourselves, we will have a mortal hatred for those of other race. Something that dogs, for example, can't experience! Have you ever seen a racist dog? No. They are all dogs. all of them. We are humans, all of us. We aren't white, black, asian or africa, we are humans. We are the same, down to our DNA.
And untill Aliens come down with 11km wide space ships and want to blow us up, we won't stand united because we are too concerned with blowing off our neighbor's and brother's heads to become a single space-faring race. And we won't untill a nuclear war starts and half of us are whiped out.

HUMANS = EPIC FAIL

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Sep 2 2009, 6:57 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Geez, can't you be a little more positive? Humanity isn't perfect, but what's wrong with a little hope and optimism?
dominoprincess
post Sep 2 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #3

Believix Fairy

I dont agree with you generalising everyone. Just because a few people have a negative attitude does not mean that everyone must have it.

I know too many wonderful people to brand the entire human race a fail.

--------------------
[
wkw427
post Sep 2 2009, 8:22 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

The race consists of everyone. Absolutely everyone.

Lets take dogs for an example. There are some of them that are mean and wild and wouldn't hesitate to attack you. There are only a few of them.
Do we consider the canine race to be dangerous, like lions?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
mightymarty2
post Sep 2 2009, 8:34 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

nope but we do treat the dangerous ones the same as lions as remember the lions are part of the big cat family

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Sep 2 2009, 8:55 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

That is like saying people treat other people like monkeys >.>

Everyone is racist and has biased views. EVERYONE. The only people who aren't are young children who havn't been taught the difference between race

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Sep 2 2009, 8:57 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

That's a 'No' to the 'show some positivity'-part.....
wkw427
post Sep 2 2009, 9:35 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

You are saying everyone who is not racist doesn't stearotype any person? Everyone does, even if it is just for fun. Even if they aren't racist persay, they see another race as another type of person different from their own. That is what is holding us back, the petty things that don't add up to anything

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Sep 2 2009, 9:36 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

That's why, instead of complaining that the human race is a failure, we have to stand up and actually DO something about it.
wkw427
post Sep 2 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

We do, and we could. But will everyone else? No, not unless something threatened their way of life they love so much

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Another Morning
post Sep 2 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

So...you're racist against humans?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
dominoprincess
post Sep 3 2009, 4:49 PM
Post #12

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Sep 3 2009, 12:19 AM) *
So...you're racist against humans?

I lol'ed!!!

Everyone is racist? I respect your oppinion, but wow, you must have a pretty bleak outlook on life =/....

--------------------
[
P-girl
post Sep 3 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Sep 2 2009, 11:09 PM) *
We do, and we could. But will everyone else? No, not unless something threatened their way of life they love so much

And that's more then enough reason to just give up and do nothing. dry.gif Sorry, I just don't like it when people complain about others not doing anything while they're doing the exact same thing.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 3 2009, 4:53 PM
Another Morning
post Sep 3 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah...I mean if you just give up on humanity, then that's it. We're all just horrible ham beasts and might as well sit around being wretched excuses for life forms until we all rot. If there's no hope, why try?

Or, we could do our best to be kind and respectful, and hope that our small changes and actions ripple out and make a change for the better, and accept that there are some people who are horrible and we will never like or agree with them, but there are good people, too, and people who do make the human race worth giving some credit.

I prefer the second one, myself.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Sep 3 2009, 7:33 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Me to. In Holland, we had this slogan for the longest time:

A better world starts with yourself.

I still live up to that slogan.
And let's not forget that one from The Big Friendly Giant:

It will never work if you don't try.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 3 2009, 7:34 PM
dominoprincess
post Sep 3 2009, 9:22 PM
Post #16

Believix Fairy

P-Girl, Another Morning - amazingly said! Attitudes like yours are exactly what we need in this world!

--------------------
[
P-girl
post Sep 3 2009, 9:23 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Indeed.
Boo
post Sep 3 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Sep 2 2009, 06:56 PM) *
Untill an external threat emerges that we can not combat by ourselves, we will have a mortal hatred for those of other race. Something that dogs, for example, can't experience! Have you ever seen a racist dog? No. They are all dogs. all of them. We are humans, all of us. We aren't white, black, asian or africa, we are humans. We are the same, down to our DNA.

That last couple of sentences sound similar to what I say all the time. icon_mrgreen.gif It drives me absolutely insane when people judge other because of our differences. There's two reasons to back why one shouldn't judge: One: In essence, we are all the same. We all live, we all breathe, blood runs through our veins. But at the same time, every single one of us is different from the other in some way or another... It would be a very boring world if this wasn't a fact.
It's an amazing thing really... we are all so different, and yet, so similar at the same time.
But, alas, some cannot see this, and instead, they fear what they do not understand (as in: these differences I speak of.) And this fear is what causes a great deal of problems.

But that doesn't mean that the whole human race is a failure. In fact, we've come a pretty long way from where we began. Sure, with the changes, we have brought some unfortunate circumstance upon ourselves (what with our destroying this Earth little by little), but at the same time, we've accomplished great feats.
We'll eventually learn from our mistakes, and hopefully we can make changes before it's too late, but I have faith that we can do it. You just have to hold a bit of optimism in your heart, even when the situation looks bleak. (As so very tacky as that sounds.)

Don't label our species a failure, otherwise, you'll eventually fool yourself into believing that that statement is the very truth. icon_wink.gif

And sorry about the rant... :/ I had to get my two-bits in. I simply couldn't resist the urge any longer...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
{§hani}
post Sep 6 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

O-O i agree with you almost ocmpletly wkw, although im scared XD
i just realised mcdonadls IS THE NEXT HITLER!!! O_O

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
P-girl
post Sep 6 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Woah there! Touchy subject alert. Comparing McDonalds with Hitler? Doesn't that go to far?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 6 2009, 11:52 AM

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 4:01 AM