Add Reply
> Helping curb costs of website costs?
Zhanneel
post Apr 18 2016, 7:29 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(I can't remember if we addressed this issue in the past so here goes...)

Hello to the website owner and other admins,

A bunch of members have expressed a desire to help with the cost of funding the magixclub forums. I can speak for myself (and I believe there are others), who want to donate to the annual website costs. Is this possible? Can one of the admins contact the owner and ask if he/she would be willing to take a donation? Maybe we could do it through a gofundme type website?

This website has honestly changed my life and I am forever grateful. I'm not sure just how expensive the website is to maintain, but it would be great to give back.

Thanks for so much,
Zhanneel
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Apr 18 2016, 8:10 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'd be interested.
This site's been a part of me to the point I kinda paniced with the extended downtime it experienced recently. If I could help avoid this in the future by helping out with keeping it online, I'd like to know.
Zhanneel
post Apr 18 2016, 8:28 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Awesome! I agree, I was a bit depressed when I thought the website was gone for good. I'm not sure what was the problem with the website being down, but if a little funding helps in any way we're glad to give back.
W.I.N.X
post Apr 18 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

As touched upon, I'd also be interested in helping chip in!

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
mightymarty2
post Apr 19 2016, 8:01 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Unfortunately I cannot help financially but I hope someone who can help you get in touch with the correct people sees this

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Another Morning
post Apr 19 2016, 9:54 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Logging on for the first time in several years to say that I'm 100% willing to help fund server costs to keep this place up. I may take some extended leaves of absence, but this forum meant (and still means) more to me than I can say, and I would be more than happy to chip in to make sure it doesn't go offline.

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Apr 19 2016, 10:14 AM

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Apr 19 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Apr 19 2016, 4:01 AM) *
Unfortunately I cannot help financially but I hope someone who can help you get in touch with the correct people sees this

Yeah, let's hope the owner is still reachable at this point. I think I may have the correct email address if we need to contact that way (the one posted on the Admin's profile page), but I'll give it a week or two first in case he/she is just very busy.

I just noticed how redundant-sounding my topic title is, ha. Oh well. "Cost of website costs", well, duh.
Zhanneel
post Apr 19 2016, 11:37 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Apr 19 2016, 5:54 AM) *
Logging on for the first time in several years to say that I'm 100% willing to help fund server costs to keep this place up. I may take some extended leaves of absence, but this forum meant (and still means) more to me than I can say, and I would be more than happy to chip in to make sure it doesn't go offline.

"Several years", I totally understand. It's a shame the show changed so much... I feel like it lost what once made it special. I might frequent the forum more to talk about it if I was just more interested in the Season 5, 6, or 7 character development.
Another Morning
post Apr 20 2016, 4:42 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I think a lot of people started to lose interest between season 4 and 5, since if I remember correctly, there was a long gap in new episodes while everything shifted over to Nick. Things are different now for sure. I think character development has all but stalled out, but I do still like some of the environments and general setting elements that they introduce.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Jahnavi
post Apr 20 2016, 5:32 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I haven't been on the site in ages either, but I'd like to contribute, too.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Apr 20 2016, 5:32 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
terriordx32
post Apr 20 2016, 8:41 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I would like to contribute as well

I miss this place, so many good memories were made here. Met so many wonderful and talented people as well.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Zhanneel
post Apr 23 2016, 8:14 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hi and thanks Jah and Terri!

Well, in a second attempt to find the admins (because I'm not sure they are active on the forum) I PM-ed the "Administrator" and Riisa and told them what we wanted to do. So I guess we can wait another week and see if they get the message. Until then, everyone have a loooooooovely Saturday. : )
SpiderBraids
post Apr 30 2016, 5:38 AM
Post #13

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 24 2016, 3:14 AM) *
Hi and thanks Jah and Terri!

Well, in a second attempt to find the admins (because I'm not sure they are active on the forum) I PM-ed the "Administrator" and Riisa and told them what we wanted to do. So I guess we can wait another week and see if they get the message. Until then, everyone have a loooooooovely Saturday. : )

I think there's been an issue with PMs since we returned... I've been exchanging PMs with Marty, and looking in my email inbox, I never received the "You have received a personal message" email that used to come with the message. The PMs still go through okay, but that makes PMs only really useful for those who regularly log on to the forums icon_confused.gif (I've emailed the admin about this)

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 3 2016, 9:45 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ah, well that might explain why the Admin has not seen my message. I decided to try straight emailing to see if the Admin is available through that format. I didn't want to be a bother since it's not exactly an emergency situation, but in this case I think you're on to something with communication lines down. I'll give it another week and see if I get a reply through email...

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 4 2016, 11:24 AM
Zhanneel
post Jun 7 2016, 9:18 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hrrrmmm. I think we're out of luck with any communication. =/
Abdu 6b
post May 8 2017, 3:21 AM
Post #16

Tynix Fairy

Every once in a while I come back here for nostalgic purposes. This site used to have like 300 members online at the same time really miss that but we were all teens back then and now we're in our twenties and life's hard and there's Facebook and Winx Club isn't even a thing anymore - I've wandered too far off all I really want to say whenever I come back I'm equally relieved and surprised that this site is still up - especially considering the fact that there's never any ads. I wouldn't mind pitching in a little to prevent this website going to waste. It's beautiful in a way like no other
Oh

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
SpiderBraids
post Jun 2 2017, 4:37 PM
Post #17

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (Abdu 6b @ May 8 2017, 10:21 AM) *
I wouldn't mind pitching in a little to prevent this website going to waste. It's beautiful in a way like no other

Especially in light of the demise of the good old LiveJournal community back in April icon_confused.gif Not many fan communities remaining from the early days left now...

--------------------
Abdu 6b
post May 17 2019, 5:44 PM
Post #18

Tynix Fairy

Well I'm glad the website is still running. I guess admins don't log onto here anymore icon_sad.gif

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
Zhanneel
post Mar 6 2020, 8:44 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

As a late update to this topic, I think the mystery of acting owner has been solved. At this time, the original site owner "Administrator" is unavailable and unlocatable. However, Riisa has stepped up and is now acting owner of MC (and I am very grateful for that). She is responsible for funding the forums and for "keeping the lights on". A big THANK YOU to Riisa! So, if we have any major problems with the site, she is available through PM. :)

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 7:22 PM