Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Add Reply
> Transformers; Revenge of the Fallen, Revenge is coming.....
Zhanneel
post Apr 2 2009, 5:08 PM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Lolz, that's one of my favorite pics of Soundwave. Laserbeak flying in with the jack, hehe. Oh yeah, and Ravage holding the outdated record ^^. (or should say LP)
Go to the top of the page
Asher Omega
post Apr 2 2009, 5:11 PM
Post #22

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

yay Micheal maybe getting the voice of the original G1 Soundwave. Frank Welker!

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Apr 2 2009, 5:15 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yaay! That voice was made out of win! Oddly enough, the only quote I can remember is 'Laserbeak, eject'
Zhanneel
post Apr 2 2009, 5:30 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Sweet! I loved his voice, even if it may have been digitalized a bit.
P-girl
post Apr 24 2009, 9:51 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

I've snooped around on the Transformers Wiki, and found these pictures of the new ones in the line-up:

First, quite the unclear one of Jetfire:

If I should believe the Wiki, that thing is a walking stick.

Skids and Mudflap:

I smell comic relief and child-appeal.....

Onto the Decepticons, here's Soundwave's toy:

Changes in both an Alien Jet and a satelite (I knew it!)

Ravage:

Without a doubt the scariest Transformer EVER.

Devastator:

The fallen:

And..... Scalpel

I don't want to know...... Or maybe I do!

I'm psyched, especially for Devastator, if that thing in the trailer was only half of him, I don't want to even think about his full size.
Fortress Guy
post Apr 25 2009, 4:27 AM
Post #26

Harmonix Fairy

I will go out on a limb here. I was a big fan of the original Transformers. I enjoyed the last movie too, do not get me wrong. I just find the art direction, well, too busy. So many parts sticking out everywhere. Sometimes it is hard to tell who is who or in what direction it is happening.

I am glad they got Cullen back to do the iconic voice of Optimus, but did you see how busy his face was when that cover was removed?

Anyway, I hope they duplicate the voice of Soundwave well enough. He was one of my faves too. I hope they retain his portable army aspect.

I find that in Bey's transformers universe there needs to be more difference between the Autobots and Decepticons in functionality. In the beginning the Autobots were autos, and the Decepticons mostly fliers. That was clear and fun.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
P-girl
post Apr 25 2009, 8:46 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Well, except for Barricade and Frenzy, I taught the seperation was pretty clear (Autobots = Civilian vehicles, Decepticons = Military Issue vehicles.) And they seem to keep that line. Not to mention the Autobots are smoother, sleeker, rounder and overall nicer to look at, where the Decepticons are all sharp angles and edges and clearly meant to look more alien and scary as heck.

About Soundwave, they DID consider his original voice actor. Nothing's confirmed yet, but I've got high hopes.

I just realised something that I consider a bit Ironic about the two 'New' Jetfires.

In the movie:

Old Rust-bucket

In the 'Animated' Universe:

Spunky 'Teenager'.

For some reason, I think that's incredibly funny. (But maybe that's my newly acquired love for the 'Animated' Jetfire and Jetstorm. Those two are Awesome.)
Zhanneel
post Apr 25 2009, 7:07 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ Apr 25 2009, 12:27 AM) *
I will go out on a limb here. I was a big fan of the original Transformers. I enjoyed the last movie too, do not get me wrong. I just find the art direction, well, too busy. So many parts sticking out everywhere. Sometimes it is hard to tell who is who or in what direction it is happening.

I am glad they got Cullen back to do the iconic voice of Optimus, but did you see how busy his face was when that cover was removed?

Anyway, I hope they duplicate the voice of Soundwave well enough. He was one of my faves too. I hope they retain his portable army aspect.

Agreed. On both accounts. I have a hard time adjusting to the new CG busyness.

Like...Ravage?! Holy...

P-girl's comparison of Jetfire is pretty funny though.

(Would write more, but have to jet to work now.)
wkw427
post Apr 25 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Only thing about the CG is that it is too hard to tell who is who.

Prime is red and blue, Bumblebee is yellow.

Now we got the Fallen guy is tall, and there is a green guy.

I didn't know who half the others in the first movie was. I didn't know who died, then I realized the black dude was dead icon_surprised.gif

They need more deicintion. And lower poly counts IMHO

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Zhanneel
post Apr 26 2009, 2:38 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I understand you WKW.

I know they are trying hard to make the CG look new and sharp...dare I say pretty? All the newfangled computer graphics are making spectacular leaps, but sometimes I just miss the styles of the original canon characters. I liked the old blocky shapes of our beloved 80s heroes and villains. And while they were smart to aim toward the young crowd (sharp lines, modern shapes, etc), I don't think I will ever come to love it. Of course I'll watch the movies, but my mind will always revert back to the beloved cartoon =).
Fortress Guy
post Apr 26 2009, 3:48 AM
Post #31

Harmonix Fairy

P-Girl, you are quite the fan. I bet you could pick Starscream out of a pile of disused F-14's scattered in a junkyard! (That is a Transformers joke.) So I see why the delineations are easier for you to pick out. You have a good eye for it.

However I am glad that I am not the only one (judging from some of our MC fellow's posts) who had some issues with the clarity of the communication in some of those tumbling fight scenes. Part of it is the art direction, and part of it may be Bey's editing preferences. The two together are causing more of an issue than either one alone. At least in the mass market sense. I would like to think they want more than the young adult audience. They want the fans from the past too.

A little more bold use of color would be nice, and perhaps just one square inch of surface once they transform into humanoid form that is not festooned with parts , wires, and bits. When they are transformed, the concepts of military and civilian vehicles goes out the window.

Still I am looking forward to it as you are. Soundwave and his portable army, Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble and his toy knockoff wanna-be Frenzy. Please do Soundwave right Bey.

--------------------

P-girl
post Apr 26 2009, 8:39 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

I actually taught the chaotic battle scenes were part of the charm.... it's not like in a real battlefield things are completely clear to oversee.

And I also liked all the nuts, bolts and wires. But what can I say? I'm a Technophile.

Altough I admit the last battle-sequence was..... exhausting. (I usually do that one in seperate parts, with snack breaks inbetween.)
Fortress Guy
post Apr 27 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #33

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Apr 26 2009, 04:39 AM) *
Altough I admit the last battle-sequence was..... exhausting. (I usually do that one in seperate parts, with snack breaks inbetween.)

Ha! That is the ticket! icon_wink.gif

--------------------

wkw427
post Apr 28 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

Does anyone think that the movie would be better if Unicron got the message Prime sent out at the end of the first movie.....?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Zhanneel
post Apr 28 2009, 2:12 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Mmm, not sure on that one. Unicron needs to wait a movie or two before he enters into the plot. Or things are just going to get even more fuzzy...

And this is quite funny (perhaps less to me) but the glare on WKW's pic is actually hurting my eyes. Like I'm seeing sun spots, very odd, lol.
wkw427
post Apr 28 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I'm sure if they brought Unicron into the picture, nobody would mistake him for an extra-bot.. I mean, he'll block out the sun..

THEN WE WILL FIGHT IN THE SHADE!

See what I did? I tied TF into 300. I'm so good I'm on fire

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Apr 28 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

Great, now I'm having Meet the Spartans flashbacks.

*Shudder* The last time I go to a movie my brother picked.
P-girl
post May 2 2009, 7:52 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Trailer update. Thanks Bob.... erm, Nightstorm!
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

So..... both Blackout and Megatron are back.
I ain't complaining, Blackout was my favorite in the first, and Megatron is a part of the holy trinity of Transformers. (Optimus, Megatron, Starscream (What? That's not fangirling, besides Megatron and Optimus, Starscream appeared in the most continuities.))

And while it obviously will get a lot of complaints, Sam's new ability could be interesting. I mean, wasn't that the same thing his ancestor got..... and drove said guy completely mental?
wkw427
post May 3 2009, 1:21 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Hot damn!

I wanted more screen time for the bots, looks like BB.. still can't talk. WTF?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Zhanneel
post May 3 2009, 3:42 AM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Yay, eye candy out of the way, back to the robots and things blowing up! I mean...I like the pretty explosions? Hehe.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 6:14 AM