5 stars [ 4 ]  [26.67%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
SpiderBraids
post Oct 26 2012, 4:04 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

This week's talkback thread is a few days early, because I'll be on vacation for the next few days.

Two weeks ago, the Winx girls went to Andros and Solaria to find the gem of self-confidence. Now that they've found it, this week, they're off to Melody to look for the next of the gems.

Zap2It summary:
A musical riddle sends the Winx to Melody; Tritannus throws a wrench into the plan; the quest for the gems continues.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Marswinx85
post Oct 28 2012, 5:41 PM
Post #2

A True Fairy

it was ok and now bloom sister in danger and love the highlights [looks like the one only that does] and music was so pretty

This post has been edited by Marswinx85: Oct 29 2012, 3:35 PM

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
dreamywinxgirl94
post Oct 28 2012, 6:09 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I love it. xD Ah..I can't stop saying loving it every episode. xD

I love the moment when Musa hears the melody and having a memory of her mother. =) Heh, so sweet when she had to silent Riven. xD
Highlights were nice..just not the best for me. ^^" 2 Blue, 2 Green, and 2 Pink?

Poor Aisha. =/ She isn't ready yet and still misses Nabu alot.

Kiko was so sweet trying to help Sky. xD
I love the moment with Bloom and Sky finding the heart shell. =) But I was wondering when will the Winx find Sky's pendant? =/

I just wish they could explore more of Musa's world. =/ But then Tritannus interrupts them. -_- Can't wait to see Zenith next!

I was hoping Daphne should have attack the Trix and Tritannus...but guessing she didn't have the time to get ready. Oh no, now I'm curious what happens!

So many to say..xD

Can't wait for next Sunday!

Aw, I wanna watch ahead in Italian version since they are up to Episode 10 by now. But I'm holding myself not to get too excited since I needed to watch the English Version. xD

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Kendall112
post Oct 28 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

It wasn't worth the 2 week wait. It was good but it just upped your tension for the next episode.
The thing I didn't like was how everyone was pointing out the obvious,
"I know...YOU WERE ONLY TRYING TO HELP! icon_biggrin.gif "
Did Roy get bigger?
This may be an unpopular opinion but I really like Roy, and if Nabu doesn't come back I want him and Aisha to get together (Don't Shoot Me!)
I know he hasn't had much screen time but from what I've gathered:
He isn't geeky like Timmy
Complicated like Riven
Annoying like Sky
Romantic like Helia
Alphamale like Brandon
Or.....A Wizard like Nabu (In reality his character is just as flat as Bloom is at times.)

Speaking of Bloom i'm glad she takes a bit of a backseat in this episode.
So Sky remembers Bloom but nothing else

Roy brings his biceps to the party and looks at Aisha who is looking at a hologram of Nabu. She sees Roy and smiles at him. This is sooo cute! heart.gif
Stella brings 3 boys for Aisha to dance with O_O
Stella, Aisha wasn't mad at you for bringing over those boys....She was mad at you for giving her those tacky highlights.
If anyone was paying attention to the preview Roxy is in the next episode.
Riven is gauking over another girl which makes Musa Angry.......And what else is new?
I like how these new attacks can be differentiated and are not just a bunch of sparkles.
Stella used "Sparkling Mirror" which actually summoned a mirror!
Daphne get's kidnapped! OH,NO This is the most relevance she's had since the first movie!
Timmy:"You're worried I know more prime number than you!" O_O is that foreplay to them.

Musa the monster!......ewww

--------------------
humbu111
post Oct 29 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I liked the episode :) I really like the music in the riddle! It sounds so nice and mystical and nostalgic lol. Am I the only one who thinks their highlights look ridiculous? They're 20, not 8...
I like Musa's selkie though, she's the first one who stood out to me. And the selkie that looks like she could be bonded with Roxy is the gate keeper to Magix, that's interesting. I wonder if they actually will bond or not. The end killed me lol, Bloom was walking, spasms about Daphne, and then just starts walking again as if nothing happened. Daphne's a spirit though, so can she actually be hurt? :S Like maybe she could be banished or something, but anything physical shouldn't affect her right :S

Lol Kendall, you're post is hilarious, I agree with everything in it except for Roy and Layla getting together.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

mightymarty2
post Oct 29 2012, 9:37 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

This episode was ok. I didn't like the highlights either. The problem for me with this episode was apart from the way King Neptune was too easily defeated by Tritannus (I was hoping for a bit of a fight), was the fact that we didn't see much of Melody I was hoping for more. I also don't understand why mutant Musa liked eating Stella's balls of light.

I don't think Daphne is in too much danger as all they can do is kidnap her and maybe hurt her. Though I am not sure how much as physical attacks won't have any effect and they cannot turn her to a mutant as they seem like they have no will and they don't seem to be able to speak or think for themselves.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Nov 2 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I'd better preface this before I start to ramble. Overall, I do like Season 5 much better than Season 4. And I give props to the writers for bringing the plot back to the world of magic and fantasy. For the most part I really am enjoying this next season. Now that you know where I stand, I hope you can forgive my severe critiquing of this episode.

BLAH. The entire Stella/highlights moment. BLAH! Contrived and overly-silly. Yes, even for a girls' cartoon show! Hair, makeup, dresses, shoes, that's great and all, but that scene just soared over the boundaries of what makes an enriching, interesting episode. And no, I'm not picking on highlights and dressing up-- because I like to do that silly stuff in real life too-- I just could not stomach the lines Stella was saying. "Miss you, love you!" Who says this? The Winx girls do NOT say those kinds of lines. (Okay, the Nickelodeon Winx girls maybe...) FAIL.

Okay, now to the juicy stuff. I agree that Daphne has most likely just been captured, not hurt. She is a spirit after all, so imprisonment seems very likely. Bloom walking away and NOT going back to the lake to check on her sister? Uh... huh? Turn your butt around and go back! <-- Why can't the Winx say lines like that? xD

The Melody selkie was just about the same as the other selkies to me. A cute plot device. I understand there is little time to have quality bonding time with each selkie, but that would help me digest this second "Pixie" experience. If you bond the Winx with something every season, the idea of "bonding" becomes boring and insignificant. You never want to overdo a plot element. From Pixies, to pets, to selkies... it's not magical anymore. "*Yawn* Oh, the Winx bonded with another magical thing? That's nice..." <-- See what I mean?

I was very glad the girls went to Melody to see Musa's home again! I was not glad that they cut that experience excruciatingly short. I was hoping for more enriching story about Musa, her mom, her world. Nope. Instead we tear away from the nice memory, Musa gets zapped into a monster, and the chase is on. Some stories need to be broadened and fleshed out, and the writers really baited me in thinking I would get something out of this episode. I shudder to think what will happen next episode when we go to Tecna's planet Zenith. They arrive, look at a building, and within 30 seconds mermaid-boy pops up and it's a repeat of the last 3 or 4 episodes.

When they go on the hunt for the gems I'm also seeing too much of a pattern. Is there not more of a challenge for the girls than having the gem placed inside a nearly identical-looking underwater cavern every episode? Repetition in a story breeds boredom. You've got to change up the gameplay. Make it interesting, new, challenging!

Alright, that's all I've got for now. Thank you to anyone who bothered reading that load. Ha.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Nov 2 2012, 12:29 AM
winxclubrox23
post Nov 2 2012, 6:02 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

-standing ovation for Zhan-

You basically summed up my feelings more eloquently than I ever could. This episode did not even come close to meeting my expectations. It's unfair for them to cut short the time on Musa's planet when we've never seen it before. Cut time in Andros. Cut time in Solaria or on Earth. We've seen all of those many times. I have no doubt their visits to Zenith and Linphea (if they go there) will be much the same, and that saddens me. Why must some of the girls always be given the short straw? Why can't time be spread out equally?

-sigh- Overall, it was okay. Not my favourite. Not even close.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Nov 2 2012, 7:58 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm reminded of something one of my favorite critics keeps saying.
'I should see things for what they are, not what I want them to be.'

But then again, I'm all 'A little bit of backstory is better then none. Like they do, most of the time.'

And I don't mind it being rushed, myself. They're on a quest to save the world. I get the feeling time is of the essence. (One of the things I didn't like about Season 4 was all the padding. I was like;
Remember those wizards, girls? They're still on the loose. Might want to look into it.'

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 2 2012, 8:02 AM
Zhanneel
post Nov 3 2012, 1:02 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Heh, good point about the Wizards. Where are they exactly?... Eh, Roxy will have to fight all of them single-handedly, ha.

I do like action, but I need more interaction. Action scenes are good, but they cannot MAKE a story. They are supplementary to the plot and characters (except in the case of movies like James Bond. You watch them with the intention of having your eyes blown out of your sockets, especially if it's the 3D version). I'd still have to agree with Tea, there just is too little time spent on the interaction and richness in character of the girls (& guys) themselves. Even when I watched Yu-Gi-Oh I was happy to have quite a bit of story and character along with the card game/action scenes. It was a good mix. I think the good mix is missing. =/ The problem is with overloaded action time there is little time left for character exploration, and those are the legs on which a good movie or tv show are put upon. I will give the writers props for a more defined and explored plot this season around though. The whole mermaid kingdom take-down is an interesting plot, a fitting one for the Winx universe. The writers are staying consistent and not bloating it up.
mightymarty2
post Nov 3 2012, 8:33 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I think that they set themselves too much of a challange. As the gems seem to be rushed especially the first one. Then who knows what they have planned for Serenix and Daphne (well a rescue for her that much is obvious). I think they need to find a balance between season 4 and 5. Most probably abut half way in between or a bit more towards season 5

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Nov 6 2012, 2:20 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I would have liked to see more of Melody and more of a story with Musa's mom, but I get that they had a mission to do. I also thought this was great opportunity to have a nice Riven and Musa episode if he would have gone, but they made it into yet another small fight for them (can they seriously just be a happy couple for one season or a couple episode archs?).

This episode was okay, but not my favorite.
maeflower
post Dec 15 2012, 9:22 PM
Post #13

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I shudder to think what will happen next episode when we go to Tecna's planet Zenith. They arrive, look at a building, and within 30 seconds mermaid-boy pops up and it's a repeat of the last 3 or 4 episodes.

THIS. So much. When I saw the episode, I was like "What?" The whole thing was so unsatisfying. The only thing that I appreciated was when either Stella or Layla was like, "Hey, she'll probably bond with the selkie here!" At least they're acknowledging how predictable it is. For a couple episodes there I was afraid that the writers were expecting us to be surprised.

(One of the things I didn't like about Season 4 was all the padding. I was like;
Remember those wizards, girls? They're still on the loose. Might want to look into it.'

Oh my God, you crack me up. SO TRUE.

Me during season four: "Oh, hey, cool; the Winx finally got beaten -- you know, evil freshman non-believer did kind of have a point about the vanity thing...okay, so they're on Earth...Why is no one questioning the fairy pets?...Wow, how convenient that a record dealer just happened to be there when Musa was singing...Okay, no way are record deals that easy to get...Wait, since when can the Winx play instruments?...Why is Bloom singing?...OH YEAH, the wizards!"

XD

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:59 AM