> Musa, Fans Unite
Rating 5 V
Boo
post Jun 5 2009, 6:28 PM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Jun 5 2009, 05:20 AM) *
Another opinion why so many people here like musa nad tecna is because we all like music and tecnology. ie the computer i am currently typing on, our cell phones, our video games, etc.

That or because theyre more unique and indepth characters. Musa is troubled and flawed and tecna is practical and mature. Flora and Layla perhaps are considered of an even more mature level? They seem settled in their opinions and relationships. They seem sure about alot of things while the others seem to be finding their way (well tecna i think is more settled now)

Actually, the reason I liked Tecna when I first started watching the show was because she was a geek who had technical powers (and I thought that was simply unique and neat). Go figure. icon_smile.gif

I agree on your second note about Musa and Tecna. Although, when it comes to the maturity of Layla and Flora, I would slightly disagree.

Flora's highly sensitive nature leads me to believe that younger viewers would like her character moreso than older characters... This also leads me to think that she is not as mature as some other characters in the show. Though, she seems to be very kind, sweet and caring, ( which is why I think she would be more popular compared to someone like Musa, who is more tough, and like you mentioned, has flaws.)

I feel as if some may consider Layla mature, though I would disagree. She was quite unstable in season 2 (emotionally) and I won't even go into season 4. I do think, though, she is more mature than Bloom or Stella (or Flora, possibly. But that's debatable). I also feel as if her personality is a bit bland, and since her personality changes somewhat from season to season and situation to situation, it's hard to tell if mature would be a fitting adjective for her.

That's just my opinion though. ^_^

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Jun 5 2009, 05:20 AM) *
3. Theyre pretty ( i remember when i was younger and sailor moon was our winx club and everyone wanted to be either sailor moon or the prettiest one (who most considered was venus. I cant lie, i was one of them, those two were my favourites even though i like them all. Now, like with the winx i cant pick. anyways)

I totally agree there.
Little girls seem to love cartoon characters that have long hair and highly feminine outfits with little to no imperfections.
So, when they see a character like Tecna, let's say, (short haired, modern outfits... a geeky character), they simply don't like her.

Maybe that is why they elongated Musa's hair... hmmm....

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jun 5 2009, 6:41 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

This is definitely why they elongated Musa's hair. (That, and the fact that they needed her hair to fit her Enchantix.... but I call 'Dumb' on that one, since all other girls got magical growing hair for it during their transformation (Most prominent being Tecna's and Stella's.) why not her?)
aqua_pearl
post Jun 6 2009, 5:12 AM
Post #23

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Yeah for anyone that has been following or ignoring my posts, im one of the ones there that keeps arguing musas hair. Its beautiful long and all but was much more unique shorter.

Yes I suppose Ive overlooked Floras sensitivity since they dont seem to show it as much this season. But i still think she comes across like the mother figure of the group if a very sensitive one.

And yeah Layla is probably less so. Tecna would be more mature and shes sensible. Now that I think of it Layla does seem independent and a go getter, but she is unstable, and does seem to change with the tides (no pun intended) one situatuon to the other. Her tough girl attitude can be a barrier and she tempers easily. right now shes love struck but if nabu was to dump her i think shed break down completly, and be even more reluctant around people.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 21st June 2024 - 7:07 PM