2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> 2012 Summer Olympics
Abby
post Feb 4 2012, 9:50 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I was just thinking about it the other day, but I'm super excited for the Summer Olympics in London this summer! I wish I could go, but it will still be fun to watch no less. Anyone to look out for this summer?
Go to the top of the page
Sen
post Feb 11 2012, 2:19 PM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Abby @ Feb 4 2012, 10:50 PM) *
I was just thinking about it the other day, but I'm super excited for the Summer Olympics in London this summer! I wish I could go, but it will still be fun to watch no less. Anyone to look out for this summer?

*raises hand* ^_^

I can't wait to see the opening ceremony... the 2008 one will be hard to beat in epicness. XD

I'm looking forward to swimming, tennis & gymnastics. x3

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Abby
post Feb 11 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I can't wait either! I usually like watching gymnastics and the track events, but it usually just ends up that I put on the olympics whenever I am not busy and then watch whatever happens to be on.
mightymarty2
post Feb 11 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

The only thing I am interested in is the football but thats never normally on TV and even that I don't care to much about. I am more interested in Euro 2012.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
empire_c2
post Feb 11 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #5

Enchantix Fairy

They'll be fun to watch. I enjoy watching the diving and rings the most. I think the best part is I won't have to hear the song 'I Believe' anymore. That song got stuck in my head so many times in 2010

--------------------

The dark raven lingers in the shadows and awaits its moment.
Abby
post Feb 11 2012, 8:12 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

In general I typically like the winter olympics better than the summer ones, but I do also like watching the diving.
empire_c2
post Feb 11 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #7

Enchantix Fairy

Yeah the winter ones have a lot more interesting sports I find like the luge :) In 2010 I got to see a part of the torch run, which was really awesome (though extremely cold). It was a cool experience.

--------------------

Abby
post Feb 12 2012, 4:51 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

That's awesome! I would love to go see the olympics sometime in person. It would have been sweet if I could have the money to go to London this summer, but that won't happen. I will probably only get to see one if there is another in the US sometime not too far away from where I live
empire_c2
post Feb 12 2012, 4:58 AM
Post #9

Enchantix Fairy

Well the actual olympics were at the other side of the country and I was in school so there was no way I could go. The only reason I got to go see the torch go through town was because I got a note to leave class (all of the schools but ours were going to the event as a trip). It would be amazing to go this summer, though. One: I've never been to London. Two: It's the olympics icon_biggrin.gif Only down side would be the crowds >.<

--------------------

Sen
post Feb 12 2012, 4:02 PM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (empire_c2 @ Feb 12 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Yeah the winter ones have a lot more interesting sports I find like the luge :) In 2010 I got to see a part of the torch run, which was really awesome (though extremely cold). It was a cool experience.

Will the torch run also be this year? unsure.gif

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

empire_c2
post Feb 12 2012, 4:12 PM
Post #11

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (Sen @ Feb 12 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Will the torch run also be this year? unsure.gif

Yeah. It is a tradition that the torch is lit and then is carried to its destination. So at the opening ceremony, the torch reaches its destination and ignites where it will remain for the olympics.

--------------------

Sen
post Feb 12 2012, 4:32 PM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (empire_c2 @ Feb 12 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Yeah. It is a tradition that the torch is lit and then is carried to its destination. So at the opening ceremony, the torch reaches its destination and ignites where it will remain for the olympics.

When will it start? Usually, the news is all about the olympics, but this year that doesn't seem to be the case.

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

empire_c2
post Feb 12 2012, 4:40 PM
Post #13

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (Sen @ Feb 12 2012, 11:32 AM) *
When will it start? Usually, the news is all about the olympics, but this year that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have no idea. I think the Olympics themselves are sometime in July so the relay may begin a two or so months prior. Right now I think they're still discussing a torch design and selecting runners. Once the time is closer, you will hear more.

--------------------

Abby
post Feb 12 2012, 7:48 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

It looks like it starts on the 19th of may according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summer_O...ics_torch_relay
mightymarty2
post Feb 13 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Thats the thing no one really does care my impression is its seen as a waste of money, only effects London as very little outside of London. Also its seen as a pain as the transport cahos it will cause in London. They are trying to get people to commute flexable to avoid making the underground worse than it is, olympic only lanes. I do feel sorry for any one who has to work in London while its on. If its on the news its about the cost of it, the tickets being a mess to buy, public transport chaos or some athlete promoting the event they do to young kids, in the hope they will take it up in the future.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Feb 15 2012, 6:00 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

True, it is probably a hassle for anyone who lives in an olympic host city to deal with all the extra traffic while they try to deal with their normal lives. It's all about being prestigious though and having the honor of hosting to highlight the host country's cities and power.
Emi
post Mar 16 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #17

Pixie

My Uncle lives in London and has actually been working for the Olympics doing the technical side of things. I don't think the traffic will be too much of a bother for him, since London is a pretty hectic city as it is.

--------------------

If you would like me to make something for you, just ask
Abby
post Aug 2 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

So all I have been doing the past 5 days is watching the Olympics whenever I have been home. Has anyone else been watching? And what was everyone's thoughts on the opening ceremony? I thought that the big Voldemort was awesome and I also loved the British music through the decades part the most. Overall I thought it was awesome, but the James Bond part was a bit cheesy.
Marswinx85
post Aug 2 2012, 1:41 AM
Post #19

A True Fairy

i like the open ceremony was great expect the part with the queen and james bond that was stupid, but a little funny! usa and china are tied at 23 metals each wow GO USA!

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
dreamywinxgirl94
post Aug 3 2012, 2:44 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I did! But I couldn't watch the whole thing. It's just too much events. ^^" I saw the Opening. It was really cool and amazing. ^_^ I thought the same thing too the Voldemort part was awesome and everything. xD

I'm surprised USA is in the lead with more medals than China.

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 3:54 AM