Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> MSN Messenger Troublehoot, Story: Messenger isn't letting me sign in...
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 2:18 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I don't know why but I just installed MSN Messenger yesterday and it isn't letting me sign in even though the email address and password are right. When I ran the troubleshoot, it said that there was something wrong with my Host Files and Proxy Server. Can anyone help me? I don't know what I can do to fix it even though I googled it. ><

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 2:27 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I use wireless and when I do the troubleshoot, it says it is fine. I can browse the forum perfectly as well. Everything seems only except those two things I mentioned above. When I click the repair button, it doesn't work because it says the browser can't connect or something like that.

--------------------

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks. ^^ I guess I will use Ebuddy for now then. :)

--------------------

Administrator
post Aug 16 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #4

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

If you don't need the bells and whistles (and bloat) of Messenger, try Pidgin. It can connect to MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ, AOL and a bunch more.
Another solution is to just update to Windows Live Messenger because MSN Messenger is still ain't bloated enough.

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
fullmoon
post Aug 16 2009, 3:32 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Oh. I forgot to mention that the Windows Live Messenger that is bloated is what I was I was using. I think I'll try Pidgin and uninstall everything else. That'll sure save a cart load of space. Thanks. ^^

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:44 AM