Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> iMac Compatable Clips, Anyone in need of them?
winxclubrox23
post Mar 10 2009, 2:38 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Anyone have an iMac computer? Do you need clips? I always do.

I could always use more and I'm sure I have some that you might want. So if you have an iMac computer this is the place to ask for clips in those oh so uncommon formats.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Go to the top of the page
Boo
post Mar 10 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yayy!!! I don't feel so alone!

Thanks for the offer; I have quite a few Winx Club clips for video making (AMVs), so I won't need any. icon_wink.gif Thanks anyway though!

Alas, I just had to post.... No thread relating to iMacs in anyway on this forum could possibly be ignored by me. icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Mar 10 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah me too. We needed a imac thread! Plus I'm sure there's tons of unfortunate people out there who don't have any imac compatable clips.

I have tons of clips as well. But unfortunately have pretty much NO room on my comp at the moment to use them. But I'll stay true to my word about making all my videos on imovie. I should put something saying that on my youtube channel. I haven't broken my word yet.

--------------------

Boo
post Mar 10 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Tee hee, I definitely did not want to leave that detail out on my youtube page. ^_^

I use online video converters to convert wmv files, etc. into mov files. Very nifty. happy.gif

Personally, with experience in both iMovie and Windows Movie Maker, I think iMovie is the more organized of the two. It's so much easier to find things. Not to mention, you can actually see a preview of effects and transitions with the clip/picture you want to use, unlike Windows Movie Maker, where you see the effect used on some random picture they stored. o_O

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Mar 10 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Yes! I agree! I've never not had an imac so I'm quite at home when on one.

What's a really good realiable converter? I've been looking for a really good one. I've tried a few but they weren't all that great. Have any suggestions?

--------------------

Boo
post Mar 11 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I was using vixy.net, but it hasn't been working for me lately. It had been very nifty when it was working.

I've always had iMacs as well (heck, I was using Apple computers when I was three. No joke: I have picture proof! icon_mrgreen.gif).

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Mar 11 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Lol!

Yeah I used to use Vixy too but it hasn't been working for me either. What do you use now?

--------------------

Boo
post Mar 11 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I use this for videos online: online.movavi.com, but that isn't for converting files that already exist on your computer... :/
So, currently, I'm not using anything. >_<

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Mar 11 2009, 3:44 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

If you want, you can try YouTube Downloader to convert files that are already on your computer.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Boo
post Mar 13 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Mar 11 2009, 03:44 PM) *
If you want, you can try YouTube Downloader to convert files that are already on your computer.

Thanks for the link...
It would have been extremely helpful if it was Mac compatible. :/

I blame individual companies for not making their software Mac compatible, thus leading to the opinion that "There is an extreme lack of software (ex: games) out there for macs): as if PCs were the only computers used in the world (which is not so).

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Mar 13 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Aw I know! Personally I think macs are better, but that's just me. I hate how some things could be mac compatible only if you download some fancy app that's not mac compatible.

--------------------

Administrator
post Mar 13 2009, 6:19 AM
Post #12

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

QUOTE (Boo @ Mar 13 2009, 08:26 AM) *
I blame individual companies for not making their software Mac compatible, thus leading to the opinion that "There is an extreme lack of software (ex: games) out there for macs): as if PCs were the only computers used in the world (which is not so).

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2008/0...s-hates-games/1

And oh, Macs ARE Personal Computers.

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Boo
post Mar 13 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Administrator @ Mar 13 2009, 06:19 AM) *

Thanks for sharing. He he, not a game - enthusiast. ^_^

I'm not much of a gamer; so when it comes to games and lack of compatibility, I don't really mind. I'm more interested in the use of computers for creative reasons (web design, music creation, movie creation, etc.) I think the Mac excels in the highest degree in those areas. (Just ask me about my experience with Windows Movie Maker on that PC over the past couple weeks, I dare someone to. icon_mrgreen.gif) lol

As much as I dislike PCs, I think some of them could be considered personal computers. Of course, with their constant use in the workplace, the PC (personal computer), just does not seem personal anymore, though. With Macs; it's all pretty much for personal enjoyment (it's like a "fun computer"), though it can be used for some lines of work (and by students).

So, my thought is, PCs are best for gaming and business, Macs are best for art and personal enjoyment. So, they both have their upsides. happy.gif (Though I personally, prefer Macs).
Maybe the reason PCs are so incredibly evil to me is because of the fact that I like Macs better... *PC at school crashed on me today... again. It hates me.*

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Mar 13 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I dare you Boo! Enlighten us!

--------------------

Administrator
post Mar 14 2009, 1:06 AM
Post #15

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

QUOTE (Boo @ Mar 14 2009, 07:00 AM) *
I'm not much of a gamer; so when it comes to games and lack of compatibility, I don't really mind. I'm more interested in the use of computers for creative reasons (web design, music creation, movie creation, etc.) I think the Mac excels in the highest degree in those areas. (Just ask me about my experience with Windows Movie Maker on that PC over the past couple weeks, I dare someone to. icon_mrgreen.gif) lol

Agreed 100%. Did you use the Vista or XP version? Why not try the new Windows Live™ Movie Maker Beta?
http://download.live.com/moviemaker

As much as I dislike PCs, I think some of them could be considered personal computers. Of course, with their constant use in the workplace, the PC (personal computer), just does not seem personal anymore, though. With Macs; it's all pretty much for personal enjoyment (it's like a "fun computer"), though it can be used for some lines of work (and by students).

Personal Computers: The word 'Personal' means that only one person can use it at a time. (well, that's what my teacher told me...)

*PC at school crashed on me today... again. It hates me.*

Not so much as this:

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Boo
post Mar 14 2009, 1:25 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Nope, it definitely was not that bad of a failure... lol
I was making a "commercial" project a couple days ago in Windows Movie Maker about iMacs, and as I was typing "Macs crash less", guess what the PC did? It crashed; wouldn't you know it? That's what I call irony at its best. icon_mrgreen.gif

And, today, working on that same "commercial" project, it froze. o_O

I have concluded that PCs hate me and always will...

I was using Windows XP. We're not allowed to download any new software on the computers (since they are property of the school), otherwise, I definitely would. (We can't even load flash games on them; they've been restricted.) My school's technical guy is evil (not to mention he needs to retire).

I consider a personal computer as being the opposite of one used for business, etc. Like, there is more software on it for a person's enjoyment during their spare time (creating music, listening to music, creating websites, organizing photos, etc.) versus programs strictly made for business purposes. So, it's more relating to people versus money making.

--------------------
DeadInside
post Mar 14 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #17

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Getting back to the topic, and please dont make a Mac vs Pc war here too.. im sick of that....
I've using mac over.... well before some of you even born LOL, even when i don't have big experience on video editing (i know a lot more for image/photo edit, flash and etc...)
Let me see if i can help... What do you need to do? convert videos to an Quicktime compatible format? Well, if you install "Perian" you got a lot of codecs to quicktime, so you can load these formats to Qt or imovie... if you get "Flip WMV" you can load all the windows media format directly to imovie/QT.. and if you need to convert videos to other formats the best free programs i know are "VisualHub" and "FFmpegX"... BTW, i assume that you already have Mplayer and VLC in order to watch pretty much every video format you may want....

Perian "http://perian.org/"
FFMPEGX "http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15473" "ffmpegx.com"
FlipWMV "http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm"
Mplayer "http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html"
VLC "http://www.videolan.org/vlc/"

--------------------
Boo
post Mar 14 2009, 2:18 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I'm sick of that as well (I've had enough of arguing over youtube; it seems to be a never-ending war there.) I personally wasn't trying to stir anything up, I was just upset at the condition of the computers in our school are (I've been on PCs that have worked so much better then the ones we have; like I said, our technical guy does not know what he's doing and he needs to retire.) Maybe if we got some young person to take his position, we'd have computers actually run smoothly (there's obviously something wrong with the computers we have now).

But anyway, thanks for the links! I have the Flip4Mac trial on my computer (I think it was pre-installed), and am thinking about registering it (to rid of the watermark it places when I use wmv files on iMovie). I also have VLC and a SWF and FLV player, but I prefer Quicktime (since I can use clips in iMovie with that).

That link to perian.org looks as if it will come in handy; I've never heard of that. Thanks so much for sharing! ^_^

--------------------
DeadInside
post Mar 15 2009, 8:16 AM
Post #19

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Perian its very usefull, yet can have some troubles if you have the DivX decoder already installed (2 plugins for the same use), if you get it and experiece some troubles with toast or video capture apps, just remove the DivX decoder from your Quicktime folder on library... it seems that it happens on some versions.....

in my opinion Quicktime don't stand a chance against Mplayer or VLC on video playback, these support dual audio movie files like "Ogm" or "Mkv" and subtitles (great to watch Anime LOL) and you have never to worry/fight against formats and codecs, they just work...

With Perian you can read the FLV videos as you get from sites like Youtube, without any conversion... all those apps of "FLV to XXXX" are kinda a scam lol

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:23 AM