Add Reply
> (DONE) 16 years or older forum?
Rating 5 V
Another Morning
post Apr 17 2009, 6:12 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Alright, so I've found a few things recently that I think some people here would enjoy, but I decided against posting them because I know that we have some younger members here. So my idea is that maybe there could be a 16+ years old forum. Access would be restricted to members who are at or above the right age. I'm not sure how the mechanics of a forum like that work, or if it's even possible, but I've seen it done elsewhere.

This is, of course, nothing against our younger members. You guys know I love you <3 There's just some things that I don't want to post where younger people could see it, but I want to share with other people who I think would like it and are mature enough that I wouldn't feel guilty for posting it.

This wouldn't be like "LOL POST **** HEER" or anything like that. Just a place for more mature discussion for certain topics.

Depending on what people think, maybe it could be 13+ instead. And if it's not possible to make an actual forum, maybe it would be possible to start up a member team?

Anyway, it's just an idea I've been mulling over for a few days.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
Bloom girl
post Apr 17 2009, 8:07 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

And what about members who are 13- ? Are they going to been deleted ?
mightymarty2
post Apr 17 2009, 8:24 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

AM is not surgesting that

I see where you are are comming from but 3 issues:
one-people who don't disclose there age it is based on trust
two-attracts people who might post ****, i will remove it as will other mods
three-people who lie about there age, (i have seen it happen)

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Apr 17 2009, 8:39 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think a 13+ forum would be better, because it shows that it's a forum for an older crowd, but the younger teenage members on the forum will also have a chance to join the discussions.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Apr 17 2009, 8:49 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I think it's a good idea, actually. I remember another forum where we added a 'P-rated' (P stood for pervert) forum, because some of us had things to share and discuss that wasn't suitable for minors. I went quite well. There never was any abuse, and it was a great deal of fun for the older members, especially on sharing some *Ahum* adult humor.

I think it's a matter of trust between the members. This forum was kinda small and on a 'Everyone knows everyone' basis, so there never were any problems with it. We just gave it a password and trusted all members not to give it to any minors. I don't know if this could be managed on Magixclub, since it's a larger forum with more younger members......
wkw427
post Apr 17 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

This is a great idea

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Winx4eva!
post Apr 17 2009, 2:12 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

(Erm...I hope I am not being stupid, again)

But isn't this a winx related forum? I don't think there is any need to post out stuff that younger members aren't allowed to view (I know AM said mature). I know I am 12, I have already viewed rather disturbing things. This forum shouldn't be like that. I know there are other topics which hold non-winx disscussions. Even they shouldn't contain things unrecommaned for younger members.

(As the board rules clearly state: Language is strictly PG-13, No cursing or swearing. And, already these rules have been broken as I have seen.)

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
P-girl
post Apr 17 2009, 2:33 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Maybe having a forum where we can talk openly is a stop for that, to. Winx may be a kid's show, but some of us aren't. And altough I'm not someone who cusses up a storm, I do use some swear-words here and there in my way of speaking. It would be nice to have a place around here where I'm free to do that, without concerning myself about rules and minors.
Winx4eva!
post Apr 17 2009, 2:37 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Maybe it could be possible, but I am not sure... I understand older members want that, since well...you are older.

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Zhanneel
post Apr 17 2009, 4:20 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Mmm...I guess I don't mind either way really. I mean, we've been doing pretty well already, in that when we have something "adult" related we put up warnings and tell people not to click this or that unless they are of a certain age. I've seen plenty of threads that have warnings of this or that for such material.

And I don't want to denounce the idea, but I can see it from W4E/Mish's side. There is the chance that others will feel alienated if such a forum is created. Technically, this site should remain open to all members since it is a Winx-themed site, and using the "Other" forum seems to help with placing topics for older viewers. Perhaps I'm not aware of how "adult" everyone wants to be. I don't know...it just doesn't seem right for this site.

However, if the a new forum is made that's okay, but I don't think passwords are required. I think that would further alienate other members of the site.
humbu111
post Apr 17 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

W.I.N.X
post Apr 18 2009, 2:09 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Apr 18 2009, 06:19 AM) *

I agree Humbu. It's the kid's fault if they come across something they don't like or aren't allowed to see. It'll be in their history after that so their parents will be dealing with them if they see it. So I don't think put a restriction as such, but a warning.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
humbu111
post Apr 18 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Another Morning
post Apr 20 2009, 2:36 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, the main problem with anything age-based is that you just have to trust that people are being honest when they say how old they are, which I know isn't always the case :/

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Bloom girl
post Apr 21 2009, 7:26 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

It´s a good idea, but I am 12 years old. Also many other members are under 13 years old...

This post has been edited by Bloom girl: Apr 25 2009, 1:54 PM
Administrator
post Apr 25 2009, 6:04 AM
Post #16

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

Three problems:
  • What if they didn't add my date of birth to their profile?
  • What if they lie about their age?
  • What if they ARE above 13+ but don't wish to tell anyone? (there is a way to add your date of birth WITHOUT the year, possibly a bug in the forum software, I'll tell you if you wanted to)

Two solutions:
  • Member Teams
  • On the topic itself, put a BIG warning about it.

And the board rules actually mentioned: "Language is strictly PG-13."

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Jahnavi
post Apr 25 2009, 1:09 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

I think we should just make a topic/forum with a big warning on it.

That way, it doesn't stop younger viewers from reading it, if they think they're mature enough, but if people are lying about their age, and see something they're not meant to, it's nobody's fault, because we warned them.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Apr 25 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Bloom girl
post Apr 26 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I agree with Administrator
SuperChick
post Apr 26 2009, 3:22 PM
Post #20

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Alright, so I've found a few things recently that I think some people here would enjoy, but I decided against posting them because I know that we have some younger members here. So my idea is that maybe there could be a 16+ years old forum. Access would be restricted to members who are at or above the right age. I'm not sure how the mechanics of a forum like that work, or if it's even possible, but I've seen it done elsewhere.

This is, of course, nothing against our younger members. You guys know I love you <3 There's just some things that I don't want to post where younger people could see it, but I want to share with other people who I think would like it and are mature enough that I wouldn't feel guilty for posting it.

This wouldn't be like "LOL POST **** HEER" or anything like that. Just a place for more mature discussion for certain topics.

Depending on what people think, maybe it could be 13+ instead. And if it's not possible to make an actual forum, maybe it would be possible to start up a member team?

Anyway, it's just an idea I've been mulling over for a few days.

icon_mad.gif that's so effensive ! so iam not mature ????? icon_mad.gif whatever!

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:15 PM