Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Add Reply
> Avatar The Last Airbender, DO U WATCH IT>>??
P-girl
post Jan 5 2008, 9:57 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I like the series for the fact that it handles magic in a different way, namely that it's controlled by body movements which, in turn, are inspired by Martial arts. Waterbending is based on Tai Chi, Earthbending is based on Hong Gar Kung Fu (Altough Toph uses a different kind of Kung Fu (The southern praying mantis kind) because she learned it while being blind.), Firebending is based on Shaolin Kung Fu and Airbending is based on Ba Gua (Also known as Mind heart boxing)
Go to the top of the page
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 5 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

yea i read that on the internet. its not so "violence" and i can watch it. the first time i tried to watch bleach my dad turn off the tv. he thinks its of the devil and stuff like that. but it isn't but i am forbidden to watch it. i'm also forbidden to watch pokemon( i like pokemon^^).

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Jan 7 2008, 1:12 AM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

....Oookay.

Avatar has done strange things to my BFFL.

STRAAAAAAAANGE things.
In fact, it's how we became best friends...but I really didn't like Avatar much beyond being my second-favorite show. She used to scare me by always talking about Avatar, though I knew everything too, so we could talk (Normally with Emily pretending she knew what we were talking about after she saw one episode). Now, it's Naruto, and that show is kinda strange...no offense, Naruto fans.

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 7 2008, 1:31 AM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

yea i have a friend like that. i keep telling her that i know avater but she acts like i don't know avater. it gets so annoying. so i started talking to my other friend about winx club. to see if she knows about it. turns out she is a huge winx fan too. and her favorite character is musa and bloom. i was really happy to find another winx fan. now we are much closer friends. its weird how shows can get you friends.

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Jan 9 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

...Sarah hates Winx Club. She says it with a sneer.

So I make fun of her by saying 'Naruto' the same way.

She just laughs and starts talking about...Sasuke?

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 9 2008, 6:53 PM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

I don't like Naruto..... to complicated, yet to simple for me. Besides, I don't like ninjas, I rather have samurai.
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 11 2008, 6:41 PM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

naruto is ok. it is complicated but its ok.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 11 2008, 6:54 PM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

Besides, it's not my style of anime. I'm really into the so called 'Cyberpunk' genre, very violent Sci-fi anime. (Prime examples: Ghost in the shell and Akira.)
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 11 2008, 8:02 PM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

oh well i can't watch violent sci fi anime. my dad won't let me. its not fair.

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Jan 13 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

...Eeeww! Sarah's memorized all the Naruto story arcs now!

So I did what I do best:
Start talking about my favorite episodes of Winx Club, which version I like them in, and why it's better than the other one.
I'm like this: "I like 'The Show Must Go On! from season 2 because it's a cool episode that is Musa-centric, Bloom don't talk at all, there's awesome songs throughout, and the 4kids version reuses a clip from season 1...and even in the 4kids version Bloom don't get a line. Just Layla, Stella, Tecna, Musa. That's all the winx girls who get lines in 4kids. In the original, take out..." Yeah, that's what I say. I mean, exactly. I say 'don't' when I mean 'doesn't'.)

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 15 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

oh i talk to her and tell her how the 4kids did it kinda of different from the original. she didn't know is original from Italy. and i just tell her how they cut some stuff out and other stuff. just like what you did. Magic in my Heart is my favorite show!
i was glad to know more than her about something. Ha to her. ok off topic sorry

--------------------
Princess Rissa
post Jan 19 2008, 4:59 AM
Post #52

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

I watch avatar I kind of think it's cool but Mostly I watch Code lyoko, winx club, Totally spies

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 20 2008, 1:38 AM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

code lyoko is cool. i use to watch totally spies but not anymore.

--------------------
BloomKianna
post Jan 20 2008, 2:49 AM
Post #54

Tynix Fairy

I just watched an episode on TV yesterday and I loved it!

--------------------

Thanx for the graphic my BF METB By dragonfire
Thanx Fa
AnnieBelle
post Jan 20 2008, 5:40 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

There be-ith a show I haven't watched in a Looooooong time...

Yesterday I watched every Avatar episode in season 2 with Sarah...

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 21 2008, 1:37 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

oh was that fun? and does anyone know when they are showing the new episode of avater or what are they doing. i want to see avater.

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Feb 6 2008, 7:55 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Avatar is pretty good, and I like it better than most of the Animesque shows out there. And to put that into perspective, I have a deep-seated dislike for WITCH, Winx, and Lyoko. Avatar, I actually respect.

But Avatar will never usurp JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. JJBA has been around for 21 years, with over 700 manga chapters, a number of good video games, a critically acclaimed movie retelling of the first story arc that came out last February, and fights that involve a tremendous amount of strategy.

And the best thing is, the series is still going and still selling like hotcakes. True, a lot of people were upset with the sixth story arc's ending, which involved pretty much everyone on the whole planet dying except for the villain and one of the heroes, with the hero barely managing to save the day before the entire fabric of reality was re-wrote only to discover that what he's won back isn't exactly the way it was before, but it's still better than "everyone dies and stays dead."

But who knows? Avatar has a king's ransom in backstories that they could talk about.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Feb 6 2008, 8:23 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

I see. Uhm, I've been wanting to ask this for a while now. Please don't take it wrong, I really like you and respect your opinions, but....

If you dislike Winx club so bad, how'd you end up signing up on a Winx-focussed message board?
MorriganAensland
post Feb 6 2008, 9:58 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 6 2008, 03:23 PM) *
I see. Uhm, I've been wanting to ask this for a while now. Please don't take it wrong, I really like you and respect your opinions, but....

If you dislike Winx club so bad, how'd you end up signing up on a Winx-focussed message board?

I understand your viewpoint. I dislike the Winx show itself, but I still respect the people that watch it, and I've done what I can to make sure my dislike of it is an educated and reasonable one, meaning looking into it and finding actual reasons for not liking it. I respect people that enjoy the show, since they obviously see something I can't in it, and I'm not going to bash them for watching something I don't like. That would be the equivalent of someone going on Saintseiyafan.com and yelling at everyone for watching a show that is arguably formulaic. It's also me preferring Japanese anime over American/European cartoons in most cases, and I realize on some level I am being quite exclusionary and ruling out quality non-Japanese shows.

Pretty much the only non-primetime/Japanese cartoons I watch are Chowder and Billy & Mandy. Heck, I don't even know when Avatar's even on.

As for posting fanfic stuff here, it's mainly to blow off steam and relax... and I decided I might as well make it fun with the fanfic contest.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
musaenchantixthe...
post Feb 14 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

there is a saintsieya forums. cool!
and thank you for being so respectful toward us who like winx. you are very respectful. *bows head to you* : )

--------------------

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 1:50 PM