Add Reply
> Huntik, Another Rainbow Production, Next tv series on Straffi's agenda
Zhanneel
post May 7 2008, 2:29 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

So, I didn't see anyone talking about the next big thing coming from the mind of Straffi, so if anyone has new information from what I can't find I'd love to hear about it. I'm interested in this next show, titled "Huntik: Secrets and Seekers" as the production value looks amazing and the animation is similar to that of W.I.T.C.H. So, I haven't scoured the internet completely, but here are the main links to give those who aren't familiar with the show some background:

Main site

Information on characters and news

And a video

The last time I checked, there was also some information on the official Rainbow S.P.A. website as well.

Anyway, I guess I'm looking forward to it. Possibly the next cartoon I fall in love with? We'll see.
Go to the top of the page
Unica-Musa
post May 7 2008, 4:30 PM
Post #2

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Sophie looks kinda cute wub.gif

--------------------

Pics of Musa found on this forum! Forum set by me!

Thnx to wonderful Zhaaneel I have this cool animated siggy
MorriganAensland
post May 7 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

That whole "summon essences" thing seems a little too similar to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and the Stands for my taste. The whole "evil organization and artifact" also reminds me of Part 2, where the Nazis in the 1930s were trying to find a means of defeating the Pillar Men... entities that were damn near unkillable and were only one step away from reaching the absolute highpoint of evolution.

The character designs don't make my eyes bleed as much as the Winx Club does... but it's still not my style. I'll stick with Kotetsushin Jeeg for the immediate future.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post May 7 2008, 8:47 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Meh.... The trailer wasn't bad.... but it doesn't have that special something that most Cartoons I like have.... maybe because the animation looks a bit..... generic.
MorriganAensland
post May 7 2008, 9:12 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I agree. It's okay... but it doesn't have the dynamic style of Go Nagai's recent series that makes me froth at the sight of them. Except for New Getter Robo... but my disappointment in the camera panning and plot were countered by the character designs and awesomeness of Getter.

I mean, if you're going to have quirky colors, at least go all-out with it like RE: Cutie Honey did.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 8 2008, 2:19 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

What I'm hoping is that the animation was just a little crappy because of the video quality. I agree it wasn't the most interesting, but I hope when I see a better quality trailer my mind will be soothed.
Unica-Musa
post May 8 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #7

Sirenix Fairy

They animation looks familiar to w.i.t.c.h.
if you take a look on witchs lips

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 8 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Agreed. The art also looks better than Winx, but I still see the problem of it trying to *imitate* anime rather than *be* anime.

There's a kind of essence good anime have, regardless of how things are drawn. To me, Crayon Shin-Chan's just as much an anime as Big O and Kinnikuman, and Saint Seiya and all those.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 8 2008, 1:29 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Actually, I hope they don't change it or try to make it look anime-ish. I like the interesting change in the western style of animation, namely those from Italy, such as W.I.T.C.H. From looking at the comics of W.I.T.C.H. it seems like they are taking more of their animation style from those books than other sources. No great, embellished facial expressions, normal sized eyes, more frames per second, no sharp angles in the body or face--I think I like western so much because it tries to look as natural as it can while still being a cartoon. Whenever I see this type of animation I also think of Totally Spies, Martin Mysteries, and other European styles that have the same cartoony but natural appearance, which I guess I've always appreciated. But then I've always like western styles like Disney the most.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 8 2008, 1:30 PM
MorriganAensland
post May 8 2008, 2:40 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

... You know, it's actually very ironic you would say that. The legendary "God of Anime", Osamu Tezuka, who arguagly created more genres of anime than Go Nagai, actually drew inspiration from his works from the Disney style of animation, and he idolized Walt Disney himself. Having played Astro Boy: The Omega Factor, which includes nearly EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER the guy ever made... which is actually only 50 different designs he would recycle with minor changes between stories, I can attest to the fact his style of drawing characters differed greatly from other mangaka and does have a slight essence of old-school Disney in it.

--------------------

Unica-Musa
post May 8 2008, 7:10 PM
Post #11

Sirenix Fairy

I don't think they are looking better then winx..
Winx are my ever and 4ever cartoon....

--------------------

P-girl
post May 8 2008, 7:22 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well, I don't think it looks better or worse then Winx. But Winx has a very distinct and pretty unique drawing style, which is one of the reasons I love it (Also, I think most characters are great) which I feel this new cartoon lacks.
Zhanneel
post May 8 2008, 8:14 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The anime/disney crossover is totally understandable, since America basically introduced animation to them in the first place. I can totally see many of the artists getting inspiration from original American artists such as Disney himself. Of course, then anime evolved into its own style and now they are mostly different, but small details tend to cross over in many shows. For those open-minded to changes they may borrow and expand upon their own styles and make them even better. So, as much as I'm not always crazy about japanese styles, I have to admit that small blends here and there actually make some animation better.

And true, Winx Club is on a separate level all together. Just like I love Winx Club and W.I.T.C.H. on their own, but I really can't compare them or say which one I like better. I have different reasons for loving both of them. Which is what I hope will happen with this new series, Huntik. So far, I'm hoping for the W.I.T.C.H. style of animation and really well developed characters, as that is always my main characteristic I look for in a cartoon. If anyone finds a different trailer let me know =).
Unica-Musa
post May 9 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #14

Sirenix Fairy

I hate people who are saying that winx is a copy of witch dry.gif

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 9 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Well, the only problem with that was that although the WITCH comic came out in 2001, it wasn't animated until December of '04, eleven months AFTER Winx.

And incidentally, I nevr really thought of Winx as a rip-off of it. It seemed more like "Sailor Moon goes to Hogwarts" to me.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 9 2008, 1:31 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Lol, yeah. I can't see them comparable. W.I.T.C.H. to me is more realistic (in the way it is modern and up to date with how real kids act) and has more earthly-feeling magic to me. The mood of the show is entirely different as well--not quite so lighthearted with mixed in high quantities of comic relief. They both have magic, but they are so different in my opinion that they catch my interest independently of each other.
MorriganAensland
post May 9 2008, 1:43 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Well, neither of them are really my cup of tea. I'm more of a fan of Cutie Honey... which coincidentally ALSO had an OVA series in 2004.

--------------------

Unica-Musa
post May 9 2008, 5:39 PM
Post #18

Sirenix Fairy

If you don't like winx why are you here?
no offense...

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 9 2008, 7:42 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I've run into this before.

The fact is, yes, I dislike Winx. However, I felt oblitory to give it a fair shake and look into it, since I can't stand sitting down and watching it... besides the fact I don't know when it's on. The result is that even though I dislike the show, I know an awful lot about its premise and main characters.

The end result is a rather sadomasochistic experience for me coming here... which is along the lines of someone trying to beat I Wanna Be The Guy.

--------------------

Unica-Musa
post May 10 2008, 2:32 PM
Post #20

Sirenix Fairy

hmmmm....
strange
you don't like winx.....
and you're here for?
Sailor Moon?

--------------------

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:07 PM