Add Reply
> *Juvenile Detention Center
Rating 5 V
Toriamelio
post Dec 23 2009, 6:08 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

A youth detention center, also known as juvenile hall, is a secure residential facility for young people, often termed juvenile delinquents, awaiting court hearings and/or placement in long-term care facilities and programs. Juveniles are held in detention centers to ensure appearance in court and to protect public safety if less restrictive alternatives are not available or appropriate. Generally speaking, secure detention is reserved for juveniles considered to be a threat to public safety or the court process, though in many cases youth are held for violating a court order. Status offenders, i.e., juveniles charged with running away from home, alcohol possession, and other offenses that are not crimes if committed by adults, may only be held for short periods (six hours or less according to federal regulations) while initial case investigation is completed and other alternatives are arranged.

There is a Juvenile Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York that takes in children between the ages of 10 and 16 for crimes they have done. This Rp outlines their day to day lives, and some of the difficulties they may face.

minimum of 10 words per post - If there is failure to do so 3 times, you will be kicked out of this Role-play

There will be a maximum of 3 characters in each age group. If there are too many in a very close age range (ie: 13, 14, 15) then I may have to change the age of your character. Although, either Tea or I will PM you first.

This is a PG-13 RP

Winxclubrox23 will be in charge if I am absent.

Everyone will have an orange jumpsuit. Make up your own number on it. Must be 7 digits long.

Only allowed 1 character until RP starts

CODE

Character Form
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Crime:
Life Before Juvy:

Character List

Toriamelio - Odessa - 13 and Evan - 10
W.I.N.X - Tara - 15
winxclubrox23 - Aurora - 16
demon - Zack - 16
terriordx32 - Kendra - 15
mightymarty2 - John - 14
Jahnavi - Alexa - 15
Zania330 - Sam - 16
humbu111 - Vinnie - 14
fullmoon - Tale - 13
Princess-Mariah - Ashley - 14
P-girl - Dave - 13

16 - 0 left
15 - 0 left
14 - 0 left
13 - 0 left
12 - 3 left
11 - 3 left
10 - 2 left
----------------------

Character Form
Name: Odessa Talve
Age (must range between 10 and 16): 13
Personality: Odessa is very tough. She is also very outspoken, direct, and straightforward about things. If she doesn't get her way she will turn to violence. She also is bossy, a bit of a brat, and self centered. She enjoys drinking alcohol when she can get it.
Appearance: Odessa is a tall, skinny thing. With curly, blond hair and blue eyes, she is very pretty, but uses it against people.

Crime: Breaking and entering.
Life Before Juvy: Odessa lived with her Grandfather until she was sent to Juvy. She doesn't know what happened to her parents and she doesn't care.

This post has been edited by Toriamelio: Mar 10 2010, 4:26 AM

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
Go to the top of the page
W.I.N.X
post Dec 23 2009, 6:14 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Character Form
Name:Tara
Personality:Rough and brash. She likes to speak her mind and doesn't really care if people are offended.
Appearance:Dyed black hair and blue eyes.
Crime:Found invovled with a drug ring, she occasionally taking drugs.
Life Before Juvy:She lived with her sister on the streets, her sister in aforementioned drug-ring. They got by swinping food and money.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
winxclubrox23
post Dec 23 2009, 6:21 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Character Form

Name: Aurora Marks
Personality: Aurora is outgoing, boss and always needs to get her way. And she'll do anything she needs to to get what she wants. She also chews gum 24/7
Appearance: I'm working on it! I just have to colour it and then scan it and it's done.
Crime: Aurora committed arson. She was always somewhat of a pyromaniac, then being schizophrenic, she claims she was told by Jonathan Martin, who in fact, died in 1838, to burn down her family's house. She light fire to it at 3 in the morning, with her mother and younger brother inside. Both were killed.
Life Before Juvy: Aurora was kicked out of her house when she was 14. She lived with her older sister, Emma, for awhile before Emma was arrested and taken to jail. After that, Aurora lived on the streets, selling herself for money. She lived like that for several months, before committing her crime, and being sent of to Juvy.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
demon
post Dec 23 2009, 6:38 AM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

Character Form
Name: Zack
Personality:does what ever he likes when ever he likes
Appearance:black hair, gray eyes,
Crime:10 counts of assault 1 count of murder
Life Before Juvy: lived with his parents till he went to juvie.

--------------------
Toriamelio
post Dec 23 2009, 6:53 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

(( for now I shall wait until tomorrow to start the RP, see if anyone else joins. ))

--------------------

terriordx32
post Dec 23 2009, 6:57 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Name: Kendra Thompson
Personality: Used to be social and cordial with everybody, but now sticks to her core friends. Can be a little tomboyish at times. Loves being girly, but only when necessary. Not much of an arguer, she rather solve her problems with her fist then her mouth.
Appearance:
Crime: Kendra was notorious for fighting in her old high school, her freshmen year she was in 5 fights, but the last one was deadly. She took somebody ipod, but when they tried to get it back she bashed the person in the face and they lost sight in their eye. Thus why she was immediately sent to a Juvenile Detention Center.
Life Before Juvy:Kendra has always been average, and being constantly compared to her older sister didnt help. So what did she do? Rebel! She cut her long her, started listening to rock music and becoming the devil that her mom claims her to be. Making herself different finally made her stand out to her mother, but once she started getting the attention. She started to love her lifestyle even more, with her dad not around to properly discipline her and sister in an intense rivlary with her. Kendra became every mom's worst nightmare: sneaking out the house at late hours, stealing, and fighting are just some of the things she does on a daily basis.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
mightymarty2
post Dec 23 2009, 7:58 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Name: John
Personality: dark opinon on life, cunning and aggresive once pushed
Appearance:orange jumpsuit with the number 1818836, short brown hair and dark brown eyes
Crime:attacking and beating up a guy then trying to blow up his home
Life Before Juvy: lived at home with his dad his mum is dead

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Dec 23 2009, 3:47 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Name: Alexa Spencer
Personality: Smart, but extremely sarcastic, with a razor-sharp tongue. Always speaks her mind, and can be very opinionated and defensive. She's skilled at combat, but would rather solve her problems verbally and avoid a confrontation (though she can get quite violent when she decides to).
Appearance: http://api.ning.com/files/nTGZc8ixAF6QACQ2...rl_fav42361.jpg
Crime: In a rage of temper, she beat up a classmate, and he suffered a serious head injury, which automatically put Alexa in a detention center.
Life Before Juvy: She lived with her mother, but the woman was rarely ever a mother-figure to Alexa. Neither caring nor mature, Alexa grew up on her own, and grew up differently from other children. Because of this, she was pretty much considered to be a joke at school, because of her grades, her personality, her dress-sense, pretty much everything. Day by day, anger was building up within her, so she wasn't really surprised when she was sent to Juvy.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Dec 23 2009, 3:48 PM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Zania330
post Dec 23 2009, 4:35 PM
Post #9

Mythix Fairy

Name:Sam
Personality:smart, she's a theif and she knows karate
Appearance:dark brown hair and dark brown eyes
Crime:taking money from a shop to help her parents pay for what they need
Life before Juvy:Sam and her family were poor so Sam got their family what they need by stealing so she knew she'd get caught and get sent to Juvy sometime

This post has been edited by Zania330: Dec 24 2009, 1:47 AM

--------------------

banner and userbar by Fullmoon, hogwarts badge by Another Morning, thanks to the 2 of you!
Winx4eva!
post Dec 23 2009, 5:40 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

(Hmm... I'm think I'll join. I'd just have to wait for my internet to be up and running....)

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Toriamelio
post Dec 24 2009, 4:28 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

((ok lets start this baby!))

"Get outta bed you little brutes!" The prison warden screamed knocking on doors "Get your butts out here for morning inspection!"

------------

Odessa sat up on her cot. "Aw shoot, another day in living heck. 2 months down, 7 to go. But not like its my first time back in this dump." She said slipping into her bright orange jumpsuit. Number 3347911. She had this jump suit for a long time. After all, this was her 4th time in juvy. Not to mention the things she wasn't caught for. Odessa walked casually out the door and stopped in front of the warden. "Why Rebecca, aren't we looking wonderful today?" Odessa said batting her eyelashes sarcasticly at the warden.
"Miss. Jameson too you kid." Rebecca said narrowing her eyes into little slits.
"Oh of course, Miss. Jameson! Whatever you say." Odessa said smiling sweetly but behind her back she was giving the warden the finger.

This post has been edited by Toriamelio: Dec 24 2009, 4:48 AM

--------------------

humbu111
post Dec 24 2009, 5:00 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Name: Vinnie
Personality: Pretty dumb and does whatever he wants without caring how it'll affect others. Vinnie doesnt mind resorting to violence.
Appearance: Tall and strong for his age, black/dark brown hair.
Crime: Gang fights
Life Before Juvy: Vinnie came from a very poor family and both his parents worked long hours, meaning he was left without adult supervision for long periods of time. His older brother was a member of one of two rival gangs, and Vinnie really looked up to him. On his 14th birthday he finally convinced his brother to let him join his gang. A few months later, a big gang fight broke out. Vinnie was framed for committing the murder of an innocent bystander by his brother's friend; the real culprit. This lead Vinnie to be sent to juvy, and lose trust for everyone.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

winxclubrox23
post Dec 24 2009, 5:19 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Aurora opened her eyes a crack, sighed, and closed them again. "Jonathan, what do you want?" She asked, sitting up. Ever since the incident, as everyone preferred to call, Jonathan Martin continued to follow her around. Or, his ghost, as everyone said. Aurora refused to believe she was schizophrenic. 'Just take your meds,' the warden would tell her. 'Just take your meds and everything will be okay.' She sighed again. "So?" She asked him. "What do you want?" Jonathan Martin was silent. "Fine. Don't answer me then," Aurora muttered, reaching under her pillow for a pack of gum. She popped a stick in her mouth, pulled her jumpsuit up to her waist, tied the arms in a knot, and opened the door.

--------------------

W.I.N.X
post Dec 24 2009, 5:44 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Tara kicked back her bed covers btterly and had a look around listlessly. She lazily pulled her orange jumpsuit on. On the pocket was her number. Here she had a number, her name didn't matter. Number 2460178.((And no, I so did not steal that number from a big-ass French novel/famous musical and just add some random numbers on the end. What do you take me for? A plagarist?)) She adjusted it carelessly and crawled out the door. She glanced around, ad thought she heard a voice coming from behind the walls of the other room. The door opened and she saw Aurora emerge. So she'd been talking to 'Jonathan' again, had she?
"Talking to youself again, hmm?" Tara sniped.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Dec 24 2009, 5:51 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
winxclubrox23
post Dec 24 2009, 5:56 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

"No," Aurora hissed. "Why would I be? I've been taking my meds." As if Tara could tell the difference. She glanced down at her jumpsuit. And folded over her number. It was, after all, all that mattered here. 4034166. Yep. All that mattered. Except to Jonathon maybe. Unless she could figure out the heck it was he wanted.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Dec 24 2009, 5:57 AM

--------------------

Toriamelio
post Dec 24 2009, 7:20 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

((shall I introduce your character into the RP humbu? Just tell me when))

"Stop your chit chatting ladies and get over here!" Rebecca shouted at Aurora and Tara "Your not here to talk, your here to get you punishments and wait for your court hearings!"

-------

"Whatever." Odessa said rolling her eyes and crossing her arms standing in her place in line. The same as always. In numerical order.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Dec 24 2009, 8:04 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Martin got up and put on his jumpsuit, he mumbled to himself "i wish the warden would wake us up later" and headed out to join the others

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
fullmoon
post Dec 24 2009, 8:29 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

(Hehe. Let me give the roleplay a try. :)

Name: Tale Lardonada
Personality: Tale is rather sensitive and cold dude that hates to be treated like a kid. He often has a I-don't-care attitude and acts as if he is an empty shell. Plus, he is cynical.
Appearance: Dark brown hair with hazel eyes. He stands at 5"3' and weighs 90 lbs. His physique is skinny and frail.
Crime: Illegal activities - Selling drugs, smoking, and intaking alcohol.
Life Before Juvy: Tale was ran away from home at ten because of an abusive father. During that time, he managed to survive to doing odd jobs but he hardly got by. Later on he started to steal. It was around that time that he was recruited into a gang and because of his age, he was often used to illegal activities such as selling drugs because he wasn't suspected. However, he never actually had any intake of drugs though he was pressured many times too. However, during that time, he took up smoking and drinking alcohol. Often in the gang, he would be beaten up just of entertainment. Tale couldn't fight back as badly as he could. That year was hell. One day he got caught by the police and when Tale found out that the gang he was in had fled the district, he didn't know whether to feel relief or disappointment. After that came Juvy.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
W.I.N.X
post Dec 24 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Tara pursed her lips and took her place in line. Always the same boring routine.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Zania330
post Dec 24 2009, 4:00 PM
Post #20

Mythix Fairy

Sam was growing tired of the same boring route. Sam wished the route would change at least a little. Then she got out of bed and went into the line.

--------------------

banner and userbar by Fullmoon, hogwarts badge by Another Morning, thanks to the 2 of you!

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:01 AM