> ... Another Fanart Piece!, Yay?
Rating 5 V
Boo
post Jul 18 2009, 6:58 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Guess who? Yes, Tecna... again. tongue.gif
I designed the outfit about a year ago and just now decided to use it on a fanart piece. happy.gif
I used a couple references for the pose (from official images). I didn't take any one pose from any one official image in its entirety though, it's a mix of a bunch of pictures and my own mind.
Took my whole Saturday morning to make... I was constantly tweaking it, as I'm never happy with anything after its finished... so a lot of tweaking, needless to say, went into this (no, no, no.... I'll remove those dots... eh... no, I'll just move them... eh... nah, I'll remove them). icon_mrgreen.gif

This is also located on my Deviantart account.
Here's the link:
Fanart Piece

Along with this outfit, I designed another about a year ago for Bloom (for my little sister). She will probably be featured in my next fanart piece. happy.gif

So what do you all think? I'd love to have a second opinion on it... or constructive criticism. thumbsup.gif

(And I sincerely apologize if I sent anyone into glitter shock.... the Glitter Monster puked all over this piece....

Oh, and if you happen to click on the image of the Glitter Monster... don't stare at it for too long... it just might puke glitter on you, too! Not kidding...)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Go to the top of the page
dittadulla
post Jul 18 2009, 7:59 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

It's so preeeettyyyy! I love the pose (=

--------------------
Boo
post Jul 18 2009, 8:37 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (dittadulla @ Jul 18 2009, 08:59 PM) *
It's so preeeettyyyy! I love the pose (=

Aww, thanks! happy.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Jul 19 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

That's so pretty Boo! I love it!

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
humbu111
post Jul 19 2009, 2:43 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Boo
post Jul 19 2009, 2:55 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Jul 19 2009, 12:56 AM) *
That's so pretty Boo! I love it!

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Jul 19 2009, 02:43 AM) *

Awww, a big "thanks" to you both! happy.gif icon_smile.gif

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Jul 19 2009, 3:25 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

It's lovely, Boo! I love the pose too, and the outfit. ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Music123
post Jul 19 2009, 6:34 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Very Pretty icon_smile.gif

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Tom273
post Jul 19 2009, 9:40 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

Boo, that's very cool you're an artist ^^

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
sweetmusa
post Jul 19 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #10

Sirenix Fairy

awsome icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------

thanks Ditta for the set
an angel's smile will turn even tears into rainbows,
Fortress Guy
post Jul 19 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #11

Harmonix Fairy

It is good to see your art Boo. You are humorous in the way you express yourself.

First, I like the colour scheme you picked for this piece. The subdued cool colours are relaxing, match Tecna's pose, and draw attention to her face which is framed in a brighter tone. The blurred background really does a nice job of adding depth to the piece.

The bulk of her outfit being diaphanous was a bold and ultimately pretty choice. All the angles and dot accents you chose for those parts work to give it interest and strength despite its sheer-ness. (There may be a slight dot overload, but it still works.)

The wings are a nice idea, but the execution seems a little confused. I am not sure of what the final shape or winglet design is. The front and back seem to meld. But the look of them is very cool. The lavender and purple with sky blue dots is a nice mix. I also like that texturing on the purple parts. That detail did not go unnoticed.

Nice job with the somber/reflective expression. It also matches the subdued colours and overall feel of the piece. Of course, the fact that I am a bit of a Tecna fan also helps. Is she thinking about Timmy? Some new way of upgrading the processor bus? Or just lunch? icon_wink.gif

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
winxtecna
post Jul 19 2009, 7:11 PM
Post #12

Butterflix Fairy

Wow!! That's really pretty!! I love the outfit!!
Boo
post Jul 19 2009, 7:44 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ Jul 19 2009, 04:46 PM) *
It is good to see your art Boo. You are humorous in the way you express yourself.

First, I like the colour scheme you picked for this piece. The subdued cool colours are relaxing, match Tecna's pose, and draw attention to her face which is framed in a brighter tone. The blurred background really does a nice job of adding depth to the piece.

The bulk of her outfit being diaphanous was a bold and ultimately pretty choice. All the angles and dot accents you chose for those parts work to give it interest and strength despite its sheer-ness. (There may be a slight dot overload, but it still works.)

The wings are a nice idea, but the execution seems a little confused. I am not sure of what the final shape or winglet design is. The front and back seem to meld. But the look of them is very cool. The lavender and purple with sky blue dots is a nice mix. I also like that texturing on the purple parts. That detail did not go unnoticed.

Nice job with the somber/reflective expression. It also matches the subdued colours and overall feel of the piece. Of course, the fact that I am a bit of a Tecna fan also helps. Is she thinking about Timmy? Some new way of upgrading the processor bus? Or just lunch? icon_wink.gif

Awww, thanks so much! I'm quite flattered, really. happy.gif I'm never quite 100% content with my work, but that definitely made me feel better about it. ^_^
Ha ha, admittedly, I did go a bit crazy with the wings. icon_mrgreen.gif I was trying to make them complex like the outfit is with the addition of the numerous dots, but along the way I seemed to throw a lot more into them than I had first intended. tongue.gif

Addressing everyone: Thanks for all the wonderfully kind comments! *hugs everyone* I definitely didn't expect all these flattering responses. happy.gif

--------------------
dreamywinxgirl94
post Jul 20 2009, 2:35 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Love the art, Boo! I wonder what fairy outfit is called. xD It's cute. ^-^ It looks like it's higher than Believix =D

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Zhanneel
post Jul 25 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Oh Boo, that is lovely. I am really fond of the chain/circle theme you have going there. Digital dots. The outfit has gauzy pieces everywhere, very unique and it turned out quite pretty on Tecna. I can see you put a lot of thought into making her outfit piecey, random, and angular? The wrapping looks great on her. More so than that, my favorite part is the detailing on her hands and face. Her expression isn't quite sad, maybe contemplative. The small band/circlet of dots around her forehead and the great detailed expression of her eyes are lots of win. icon_wink.gif I love the pose with her hands; maybe next you can try your hand at drawing toes. Nice job future fashion designer.
Boo
post Jul 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jul 25 2009, 03:59 AM) *
Oh Boo, that is lovely. I am really fond of the chain/circle theme you have going there. Digital dots. The outfit has gauzy pieces everywhere, very unique and it turned out quite pretty on Tecna. I can see you put a lot of thought into making her outfit piecey, random, and angular? The wrapping looks great on her. More so than that, my favorite part is the detailing on her hands and face. Her expression isn't quite sad, maybe contemplative. The small band/circlet of dots around her forehead and the great detailed expression of her eyes are lots of win. icon_wink.gif I love the pose with her hands; maybe next you can try your hand at drawing toes. Nice job future fashion designer.

Awww, thanks so very much! happy.gif *feels really flattered* I appreciate your feedback! ^_^
Ha ha... toes... *shudders* Eek!

@ dreamywinxgirl94: Thanks! ^_^ I don't really have a name for it... I tried to come up with something, but decided against it after unsuccessful attempts at a name. icon_smile.gif

--------------------
Hanna
post Jul 25 2009, 5:03 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

luv it ^^

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 4:29 PM