Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Bloom's Name, If you could change it
aqua_pearl
post Sep 24 2009, 2:16 AM
Post #1

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Excluding Layla and Roxy (unless some one can point out im wrong) the winx have names that pretty much reflect their power. Stella=star, Musa=music or muse, I need not go on.

Bloom I always thought was a little off here, unless of course you consider that the dragon fire is supposed to represent the flame of life and a bloom represents new life. That thought aside, my question is if bloom was supposed to share this pattern of somewhat uncreative related power names to do with her fire power, what would you change her name to be ie. Fira

Question: If you were to re-name Bloom's Character, what would you call her?
Go to the top of the page
Tiny Dragon
post Sep 24 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #2

Mythix Fairy

Layla means Dark Beauty. Aisha means Alive; she who lives. Roxy means Star; bright; dawn.

All the names of the girls (minus Bloom) were following a pattern before Roxy showed up. They all ended in A and had something to do with their powers. Layla starts with L like lake which is water. (Lame I know)

I think Bloom's name fits because of what you mentioned. The Dragon Fire is what started life in the magical dimension. It is life. She brought Sky back with it. It is why I think her symbol is a heart because hearts usually means life (and love). When I hear the word bloom I think of a flower blooming which means beauty and life to me.

--------------------
{§hani}
post Sep 24 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

yeah that pretty much sums it up. Before roxy showed up it all fited perfectly. and even bloom (in my opinion) was perfect a name, blooming life ect. tiny dragon has that covered! =P but i really dont think another name could have fitted as well. if they named her i dont know say.. Azara (which means flame,red and ends with an a) it doesnt fit as well. its that blooming aspect, you can almost picture a flower bloming to life that makes it perfect,

cuz as much as bloom annoys me.. she had a pretty perfect name and personality. they definatly picked the right charecter to be main!

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Layla
post Jun 20 2010, 6:26 PM
Post #4

Pixie

Group: New Members

QUOTE (aqua_pearl @ Sep 23 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Excluding Layla and Roxy (unless some one can point out im wrong) the winx have names that pretty much reflect their power. Stella=star, Musa=music or muse, I need not go on.

Bloom I always thought was a little off here, unless of course you consider that the dragon fire is supposed to represent the flame of life and a bloom represents new life. That thought aside, my question is if bloom was supposed to share this pattern of somewhat uncreative related power names to do with her fire power, what would you change her name to be ie. Fira

Question: If you were to re-name Bloom's Character, what would you call her?

I would call her Flare, but I think Bloom is better.
VinksHejtr
post Sep 13 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #5

Earth Girl

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
wkw427
post Sep 13 2010, 3:40 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks for contributing to the topic!

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
skylight
post Oct 13 2010, 1:30 PM
Post #7

Earth Girl

Bloom's a good name! after she joins alfea she.. blossoms? into pretty much perfection. but blossoms sounds rather powerpuff girl-ish so I think Bloom is fine. ><
Neko Hibiki
post Apr 16 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #8

Earth Girl

I would name her as Bloom Richards.

--------------------
shimmershimmersh...
post Jun 6 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #9

Pixie

Hmmm Bloom is good, why the change? But if i really have to pick i'd go with Faith. Her believing character and not giving up on situations just suit the name

--------------------
ooo shiny !
bloom_daphne
post Aug 30 2012, 2:11 AM
Post #10

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think most of the names end in an 'a' because the series is Italian.
Abby
post Aug 31 2012, 9:46 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I don't like Bloom either since everyone else's name seems to pertain to what their power is, and Bloom is in reference to a flower.

Brenna would be great I think. From everything I've looked up online, it's a variant of Brenda which means sword and a variant of Brennan which means "prince" so in female it could be princess which is the plain story plot with Bloom, the fact that she is a princess.
P-girl
post Aug 31 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think that Bloom's name, in the First Season, actually fitted her. She started out as this shy, meek little girl with no direction in her life, and over the course of the Season she 'Bloomed' into this fierce warior.
Kaylin
post Sep 3 2012, 1:58 AM
Post #13

Believix Fairy

I don't think I would change Bloom's name.

QUOTE (P-girl @ Aug 31 2012, 04:02 PM) *
I think that Bloom's name, in the First Season, actually fitted her. She started out as this shy, meek little girl with no direction in her life, and over the course of the Season she 'Bloomed' into this fierce warior.

Agreed!

This post has been edited by Kaylin: Sep 3 2012, 1:58 AM
MusaCake
post Dec 5 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #14

A True Fairy

Maybe change to... Bella? ^^ Agreed, yep

--------------------
Believix in yourself <3
willkz
post Jan 4 2014, 8:02 PM
Post #15

Charmix Fairy

Her name is unique also like Aisha.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:08 AM