Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Add Reply
> Favorite / Least Favorite Villain, Who's the best at being the worst?
Best Villain?
Whose Your Favorite Villain
Icy [ 16 ]  [29.09%]
Darcy [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
Stormy [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Darkar [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
Evil Avalon [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Baltor (Valtor) [ 12 ]  [21.82%]
Kimera [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Cassandra [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Diaspro [ 9 ]  [16.36%]
Other ((Please specify)) [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Abby
post Aug 7 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #61

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yeah, some guys I know are okay when they aren't around those types of girls, and when they are they are totally different.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Aug 8 2008, 7:46 PM
Post #62

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I know in our school which only had a few girls as it was all boys until 6th form, there seemed to only be between the less mature boys that competed over girls but that was very little.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Music123
post Aug 9 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #63

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I vote for Diaspro. She is the only character who is evil for a reason. Imagine how she must have felt when sky rejected her no wonder she was always evil, she probably liked him.

PS I don't think sky and diaspro should be togather though

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Jahnavi
post Aug 9 2008, 1:32 PM
Post #64

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, well, I do kinda feel sorry for Diaspro. I mean, think about it. She's engaged to someone, then out of the blue she find's out that he's in love with someone else. Anyone would be upset. I think the whole Diaspro-Bloom thing was Sky's fault.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Aug 9 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy

I never thought of it that way. Thats true, Diaspro has a reason to be mean. This is all Sky's fault!

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Zhanneel
post Aug 9 2008, 4:50 PM
Post #66

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Sky shouldn't have led her on...but then, I feel bad for him only because he probably didn't even believe in love for a few years of his life since he had no choice. He probably just dealt with the engagement, thinking this was duty and he couldn't think twice about it. And maybe he didn't realize how much he liked Bloom until it became closer to the Day of the Royals? Maybe he didn't...But, it would have reeeeeaaallly helped his situation out if he had at the least! told Bloom that he had to continue to cover for the engagement just a little bit longer, until he could find the nerve to break it to his parents that he was not willing to go through with marrying Diaspro. Yeah..I know, I've made fun of Sky a lot, but he's still human, lol.
W.I.N.X
post Aug 10 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #67

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Though in the RAI version I think she's more of a Gold Digger and just likes him because of his title. I don't like her much if that is correct. Otherwise I DO feel sorry for her.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Aug 10 2008, 11:10 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Jahnavi
post Aug 10 2008, 4:17 PM
Post #68

Cosmix Fairy

Diaspro kinda was a gold-digger... But all the Winx characters have their pros and cons, right? And frankly I like how Straffi shaped Diaspro's character. I think it's come out even better than some of the main characters.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Zhanneel
post Aug 10 2008, 8:40 PM
Post #69

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

This isn't really villain related, but it does relate to people with bad qualities. I was watching the Rai version of "The Show Continues" (the episode with Musa's concert performance, "Magic in My Heart") and I noticed a scene with Brandon early on, about 4 1/2 minutes in. I really loved the 4kids version of Brandon, and thought he was a true sweet heart--romantic, a little corny, fully devoted, and still with his bit of arrogant pretty-boy persona that made him Brandon. But the Rai English version either took his arrogance and ran too far with it, or the original Italian dialogue was at fault. Either way, I was baffled when I saw Brandon with two girls (witches) hanging onto either side of him, and him practically asking for kisses from them. I know, people do act like this in real life, but the hopeless romantic in me just wanted to kick his butt so hard! I even went back to previous episodes to see if maybe there was a small fight between him and Stella that may have spurred this temporary flux in his devotion to her, but nope. He just randomly is shown trying to get more than just a flirt with two girls. Later in the episode when he is performing the fire dance with Sky he is thinking about a hot girl (the dressed up Stormy) who walked by him previously. Honestly not sure what the producers were trying to offer by doing that (other than to show he is human, blah), but it kind of ruins my opinion of Brandon the Hero. Now I latch onto the 4kids version, and I'm so glad they changed his personality so he wouldn't be the flirtatious jerk he apparently can be in the Rai English version. Even the comics, straight from Italy, show him being completely devoted to Stella (ex: Issue #24 Love Potion). Not to spoil it, but Brandon is shown (many times) trying to kindly tell an admirer that he doesn't want to hang out with a certain girl because he doesn't want to upset Stella. And he was very respectful about it =).

Arrgh, so disappointed in him. I just wanted to rant =P.
humbu111
post Aug 11 2008, 2:51 AM
Post #70

Cosmix Fairy

Wow, I'm glad 4kids changed that, and I totally agree, as a MAJOR Brandon fan, I am very disappointed with the RAI version's choice in making Brandon look bad =P

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 11 2008, 4:24 AM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*sniff* Me too. I am just so sad to think he'd be such a player. Grrr, glad I watched the 4kids version first.
humbu111
post Aug 11 2008, 2:57 PM
Post #72

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, same. (And Stormy looked ugly in fairy form, I cant believe he you-know-what)

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 11 2008, 3:15 PM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

LOL xD Yeah...was he desperate? No offense to the witch look, but Stormy incognito wasn't very attractive =P.
humbu111
post Aug 11 2008, 3:20 PM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy

I know, seriously, like compare her to ANY Winx girl and you wont look twice...

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 11 2008, 4:21 PM
Post #75

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Yep, and Mirta is 10x cuter by far!
Abby
post Aug 11 2008, 5:26 PM
Post #76

Cosmix Fairy

I love 4kids version of Brandon compared the rai one then. I just watched the rai english version of "Witch Trap" in season one, and I like how in 4kids they have him say that he would take her on one, but they are under punishment, compared to the rai one where he is just like "I was working out and I just was too tired". I really disliked that part a lot. Even though in 4kids I get annoyed with the pet names and the cheeseyness, I would rather have that than the rai one.
Zhanneel
post Aug 11 2008, 5:56 PM
Post #77

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I agree, I like to see the more heroic, less self-centered Brandon in the 4kids version. I'll take super cheesy nice boy any day =). I understand there can be some vanity, but in many ways Brandon's character in the Rai version is so much more intolerable than Riven's personality (at least, before Riven improves). (Overall, I was actually happy with the 4kids changes that were made to the episode with Musa's concert. 4kids made her struggle more heart-warming involving her past and how it was preventing her future, whereas the plot of the Rai version is mainly that her father doesn't approve of Riven--not that grand).
humbu111
post Aug 11 2008, 6:07 PM
Post #78

Cosmix Fairy

Wow, I hardly watched any RAI episodes, but now I know that 4kids actually made many good edits too ^_^ There is also the thing that 4kids episodes are slightly shorter than RAI ones, so it wasnt really their fault that they had to edit some scenes out.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 11 2008, 6:11 PM
Post #79

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

That's true. I think our broadcasting stations require longer commercials or some other stupid rule about shortened episode lengths. I do still enjoy watching the Rai version, if only to see what I missed. But I'm beginning to appreciate some of the changes 4kids made, though others I can't figure out why they decided to change still.
humbu111
post Aug 11 2008, 6:17 PM
Post #80

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I like some of the edits, but HATE others, such as in the transformations, they'd change the music (bad change), shorten it big time (horrible), but edit out some reveals (good).

--------------------

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:56 AM