Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Persona 5
Ranma
post May 13 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Hey everyone! Is anyone here into the Persona or Shin Megami Tensai series? They are great psychological games with amazing stories and great character development. The newest installment has the main characters pose as phantom thieves. It deals primarily with peoples' cognition and the realities that are different for individual people as they view the world differently than the people around them. The bosses in this game have corrupted desires, and the main characters act as thieves, enter their cognitive world, known as a palace, and steal their desire. It's an amazing game.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDzJ9KzuV4

Main Character's awakening. Warning: Intense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aBKfUwpAlY

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post May 13 2017, 10:33 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I've played Persona 4 and loved it!
I admit that Persona 5... well, let's just say that I've got some budget issues at the moment. That and the style just feels... weird to me? Like, it's not a bad style and I always appreciate games that try something new but it just... doesn't work for me.
Ranma
post May 13 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I thought the same at first, and I almost had a biased against it. As I was playing I was thinking "Well, I'm not going to like it more than Persona 4. Nothing beats that team!"
By the end of it I felt guilty that I liked Persona 5 more than Persona 4.
Traveling the dungeons is certainly more intricate with actual puzzles and things that need to be figured out. These aren't terribly difficult, but they help break up the dungeon crawling a bit. Which is a point that Persona 4 lacked in I believe.
It definitely has a new style. The velvet room is a prison now. But it actually works quite well with the main character's circumstances.

(I'd say spoiler alert, but the game pretty much opens up with this information)

You know how in the fourth reason the MC's family sent him to live with his family for a year?
Well in this one, the MC came across a girl being assaulted and ran to her rescue. The man that he "attacked" to protect the girl was someone of importance and pressed charges against the main character. So he is currently on probation and the MC was sent away by his family to live with a man who is kind of acting as a probation officer/parental guardian. If he gets in trouble at school or with the law at all he will be sent to Juvenile Prison.

So the MC's velvet room is a prison meant to rehabilitate him.

--------------------
P-girl
post May 13 2017, 1:38 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Maybe I'll check it out later. When my money situations improves somewhat.
Ranma
post May 13 2017, 1:47 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I totally understand living on a budget.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:41 AM