Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> P-girl's Transformer corner!, Let's try this again.
P-girl
post Jul 10 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Don't worry, no blocks of text, or reviews just a place to chill and discuss Transformer toys. Old and new.

So.... I just bought Animated Blurr and.... wow. He's thin! Not that his Cartoon counter-part was a heavy-weight, but he's a near stick-figure in Toy-form. Especially the legs (And they're long as well, but that might just be because the bulk of his kibble is on his upper body). He'd fit right in with the Winx girls with his body proportions, and if it wasn't for the face, I'd almost say he's female.

This, however, isn't negative. Blurr's a speedster, THE speedster in Transformers-lore, and this body helps convey that. Not only the thin-ness but the sharp angles as well. Aerodynamics ho! I also like his weapon (A shield/saw hybrid), and would love to have seen it in the cartoon. To bad that will never happen *Sob* poor Blurr
Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Jul 10 2009, 9:25 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I'm going to say three things about my toys

Armada Prime in his super mode is a ****ing joke. The trailer looks so fake. It looks like rubbage from the back, thakn god they never show it from the back in the cartoon.

Armada Unicron is the hardest thing to change, ever. Takes me about 10 mins to put him in planet mode. And heavy. And I cut myself on one of his spikes. And 99.99999%^2 of the time when he is in robot mode I pop off his shell/wings and.. ring thing because, well, they don't look like wings.

I hate repaints

Oh, and I want to make a slide show with my figure to this music.. Epic
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

This post has been edited by wkw427: Jul 10 2009, 9:27 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Jul 10 2009, 9:32 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I have a quick question, maybe a dumb one.... in both the movie and the Animated-line, you have a couple of.... levels in toys. Kinda like small/medium/large (More like Medium/Large/Huge.) called...... *Breaks brain* Well, I know the last two are called 'Voyager' and 'Leader'. Does the Armada line have that to? (Armada line.... sounds like a fashion label.)
wkw427
post Jul 10 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

No, armada has east, moderate, and hard... AKA..
Minicons, everything that is not a minicon, unicron. I wish I had my unicron box

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Jul 11 2009, 9:08 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Ah.... I see.

But you gotta admit.... it's a transforming PLANET. How were they going to make that easy?
wkw427
post Jul 11 2009, 2:29 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Put the wings/shell on ball joint.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

wkw427
post Jul 11 2009, 3:58 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Behold my first attempt in all its awesome glory

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

This post has been edited by wkw427: Jul 11 2009, 3:59 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 11 2009, 5:09 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

D'aw.... I think that mouse is cute.
wkw427
post Jul 11 2009, 7:01 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, the mouse was the hight of doing that.
Any suggestions on easy figures to manupliate? All from Armada mind you. Easy, doesn't fall apart.. Prime fell apart twice in that video. Second time I said screw it, mouse will take his arm.

Once I get good enough I might do Unicron. But.. That will be hard anyway..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 11 2009, 7:08 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I'm sorry.... I only started my collection recently, so I only got some Movieverse and Animated figurines.
wkw427
post Jul 11 2009, 9:16 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Well, that is good. Because I have 8/10 of the Armada figures, no repaints though, and only 1 figure from energon, Scorpanok.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

wkw427
post Jul 15 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 20 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Aaaaand, the award for the the most impractical toy ever goes to...... ROTF Demolisher!

Yeah, this was pretty much a given with him being a Unicycle of Doom. But still, despite the fact he can't stand up to save his life, it's still a cool toy. His vehicle-mode's very accurate, transforming goes pretty smooth and easy. And c'mon..... he's a gigantic. Killer. Unicycle. You can not go wrong with that.
wkw427
post Jul 20 2009, 3:20 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I think unicycle is the worst kind of design ever :\

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 20 2009, 4:31 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Practically speaking, you're right.
wkw427
post Jul 21 2009, 4:00 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Anyway, I am going to write up a short review on the Armada Prime-Jetfire-Overlord connection.

Links are here, not mine. Just for refrence

Worst robot mode ever. EVERYTHING relies on two pivots that connect the chest/front half of the vehicle to everything. With enough elbow grease, you can pop the thing into three big parts. Oh, and I lost the minicon. I looked for it for about two hours. I KNOW I had it before I filmed Prime V Mouse, the SAME day >.<

Again, this entire toy is full of .. .. gimmicks? The exhaust guns are transparent because his hand in super form is supposed to light up. Lame. And whenever you move it, it sends an inferred light to the trailer to transform into the legs. I removed batteries. Almost NO articulation. At all.

The gimick here is that he is a head master. His minicon IS his head. So basically you can have a truck driving around with a giant ****ing head. Looks super funny. Not only that, the robot mode is cool, too.

Need to get ahead in a race?

Need to get a bigger head in a race???

Prime & Jetfire is very cool.

Mainly because compared to super prime with trailer skirt mode, you have SOME articulation in the legs. And they can be spread apart. I think Jetfire was designed with this in mind. Screw robot mode, his place in the Autobot army is as a pair of legs. And besides for the ... .. crotch fists.. This is good.

Prime-Jetfire-Overload is rubbage

Because of many things. First of all, have you ever heard of top heavy? The thing wants to fall down every time! If the feet were bigger, like Unicrons (which stick out siz inches behind him) it would be okay. But.. no. Articulation? The only articulation you are going to get are from the elbows. Anything more and they will fall apart. Ease to put together? Well, Overload doesn't fit into Prime's back unless you take a piece off of Jetfire.
Coolness factor? Amazing

And on another note, I watched a Unicron review and found out how to put the planet kibble in place in robot mode. It looks cool, and is fragile as hell. I still wasn't able to transform it WITH the stuff on, and any type of serious movement will make them pop off..

This post has been edited by wkw427: Jul 21 2009, 4:02 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 21 2009, 7:22 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Truth to be told, Unicron's kibble does rock.

And Holy mother of....! That Prime-Jetfire-thing looks akward.
wkw427
post Jul 21 2009, 9:31 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Looks awkward? Feels awkward. smells awkward.

Probally because Prime was covered in dust for three years, Jetfire in a tub that smelt of plastic, and Overload under my bed in two inches of dust.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Jul 22 2009, 5:10 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

That..... might be a little to much info about that toy.
wkw427
post Jul 22 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Really? I can go into why Jetfire has an urge to shoot every pair of pants he sees, and his fear of being kicked in the crotch.. He has never been the same since his head became Super-Prime's crotch..

How would you like to be the lower half of a super hero? JetOptimus can fly. Thanks to Jetfire. He even has a bigger gun. Thanks to Jetfire. Everything about JetOptimus is thanks to Jetfire. Does Jetfire get any praise? No. he is a pair of pants. Huge, robotic pants.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:51 PM