Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Big O, A 90s Super Robot anime... pretty original
MorriganAensland
post Mar 30 2008, 3:19 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

It's really hard to sum up the series, simply because it's so different than most Super Robot series. Instead of a young, hot-blooded hero, we end up with Roger Smith... top-ranked police Negotiator in the Noir/Futuristic Paradigm City, who based partially off of James Bond and Bruce Waine.

Anyways, Paradigm City's inhabitants are interesting in the fact many suffer from amnesia of varying degrees, and as they recover their memories, it often results in monsters coming into being, as well as strange giant robots known as the Megadeus. Needless to say, most of these are out to destroy the city, kill people, etc., in which Roger falls back on his own Megadeus, Big O.

What seperates Big O from many Super Robot shows is the more realistic concept of the machines. They're sluggish, have no high-flying acrobatic abilities or moves, and behave as traditional robots would. Big O has a host of weapons, although most of them amount to projectile weapons like machine guns, tow winches, stuff like that. The character designs are also quite well-done as well, in my opinion. I first saw Keiichi Sato's designs in Mazinkaiser, and it's one of my favorite styles.

There's a good stock of Big O episodes on Youtube, and somebody also uploaded all the fights too.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 5:56 AM