Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> My memory resets about once every 24 hours ask me anything, Ask me anything thread
WXLM_Tecna717
post Mar 1 2022, 8:07 AM
Post #1

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well…

My life is kind of like that movie “50 first dates” but some would say it’s not very funny. Here’s a brief backstory:

To put it nicely, I’ve been through 10+ years of all manner of abuse at the hands of various family members and have experienced another 10+ years of medical trauma (trauma at the hands of doctors, nurses, etc. and/or trauma while in hospital), so along with my other medical conditions… I’ve seen way too much.

So, as a result of all of that, without any actual action on my part, my memory resets like shaking one of those Etch-a-Sketch toys. This happens about once every 24 hours, so the upshot is that I get to experience the positive things in life including the things I once loved as preferences for the first time every time, and anything bad happens to me won’t stick.

In an effort to help keep my life somewhat organized, I have critical tasks set as daily reminders on my iPhone, and I do the equivalent of keeping a diary in digital form. So, with all of this being what it is the doctors seem to think that this “drop everything and start over every 24 hours“ routine is simply a trauma response. Thank goodness for supportive partner and the ever watchful eyes of my operational support team.

So, with all of that being stated, feel free to ask me anything and I’ll see what I can come up with as a response. There are however some boundaries with this and that is what I will not be discussing in any degree of detail any of the abuse I’ve suffered as thank goodness that is in the past. The second boundary I have is that my team will be reviewing my responses to ensure that I don’t accidentally give personal information away. And my final boundary before we get started on this is really to be positive… If your comments or questions cannot be positive or constructive in nature, it’s really not worth my time to give them the light of day or answer. Note that questions asked out of genuine curiosity will receive a thoughtful response. It’s the blatantly abusive, hurtful, or mean-spirited questions I’m trying to put a stop on.

With that out-of-the-way, let’s get into it!
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:51 PM