Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> The Tekken movie, A trailer.... uhm.... 12+ just in case. Some blood and swearing
P-girl
post Jan 15 2010, 8:47 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm probably getting some (Okay, a lot of) flak for this, but.....

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Uhm, it doesn't look that terrible.

It doesn't look that good either..... but considering the rep fighting game movies have, there's at least SOME cool stuff. Plus, there's this blink-and-you-miss-it shot from Dragunov, rising from some sort of grill after Raven Bryan knocked him down that just looks AWESOME if you ask me. But all in all, it just looks bland... the story is bland, the main characters feel bland, and some of the choises they made for character's appearances and looks are just weird;

- Kazuya and a goatee?
- Yoshimitsu should really stay out of life action, that costume just looks silly.
- Brian with an accent? And no mad laughter? Weird.....
- I know it's costumisable to look like that in the game.... but c'mon... Raven in white? Silly.

But by far my biggest complaint;

The women
Only Nina and Anna and Christie?
Christie Monteiro as Jin's love interest? Come ON! No canon proof, obviously the choice was made for getting some booty in the movie, and it overall just feels overdone clichéd and ridiculous. Where's Ling? She's the one crushing on Jin in-game and she's a far more interesting character. Or Asuka. She's sexy, has connections to Jin (Family connections, but if I hear about what they're doing to Nina and Anna, that should't be a problem) and again, much more interesting character. Heck, I'd even take LILI. (This isn't in the 'Lili sucks' kind of way, I love her, it's more that Lili also has NO connection to Jin.)

*Sigh*

Like I said, it doesn't look terrible, just a dime-a-dozen boring flick with a predictable story and maybe SOME good moments. Most painful is.... it's probably a step up from the other fighter game movies.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jan 16 2010, 10:05 AM
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Mar 12 2010, 9:32 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Don't feel bad P-girl. No matter what they do to this film, it can't be as bad as the DoA movie. That movie sucked, a lot. Kasumi didn't look a thing like Kasumi, the turned Christie into a good guy, Helena was a teen (I can fight as well as the guys character), for some reason Ayane and Hayate were making out (in the game they are siblings), and so much more... It made me sad...

At least in this movie the characters appear to 'look' like their game counterparts. At least, some of them do...
I agree though, Jin/Xiaoyu for the win.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 12 2010, 9:51 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I heard of that fiasco.Tekken's got at least some of them right. There's just a lot of nitpicking and shouting of this movie being bad. But honestly, what were they expecting? It's fighting game movies, the bottom of the already lousy barrel that is videogame-movies.
Ranma
post Mar 12 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

At least the first mortal kombat was pretty good.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 12 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Never really saw that one, but that song from it is pretty cool.
Ranma
post Mar 14 2010, 1:05 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

It's funny how everyone remembers the song.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 14 2010, 9:31 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

You ever tried getting the darn thing out of your head? It's nigh impossible!
Ranma
post Oct 29 2010, 4:37 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I saw the movie...

--------------------
P-girl
post Oct 29 2010, 6:01 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Any good/bad?
MorriganAensland
post Nov 1 2010, 4:54 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I'd say there's only two good fighting game movies.

The first is the first Mortal Kombat, which holds up pretty well. The other was the original Street Fighter II animated movie (great music, good choreography, a plot that was easy to follow, and everyone IC).

The live action Street Fighter movie wasn't great, but Raul Julia's portrayal makes the move still enjoyable popcorn fluff. The one with Kristen Kruek is all bad, though.

The Fatal Fury animated movies are okay too, but only average at best and they get progressively worse.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Ranma
post Nov 9 2010, 8:52 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

The tekken movie was bad. If you care, at all, for the tekken storyline then you shouldn't watch the movie. It'll just make you angry.
I pretty much agree with Morrigan on the whole fighting game movie thing. Mortal Kombat was awesome, but everything else (live action wise) was bad. I did enjoy the Fatal Fury movies, but they were, as Morrigan said, average at best.

I did like the street fighter Alpha movie though. Not the best, but still pretty good...

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Nov 12 2010, 3:05 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Stree Fighter Alpha was a weird movie. I thought it dragged too much and Street Fighter II was definitely the better film, but Alpha did a fairly accurate depiction of the Satsui no Hadou/Dark Hadou and it's the only Street Fighter peripheral (aside from possibly the UDON comics but I don't know much about them) that really focused on them.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Nov 12 2010, 3:30 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Heh, I heard the movie had Dragunov acting enragingly out of character. Enough for me to not watch it.

Never watched any Street Fighter movie.... well, except the 'Good' live action one, but I was like, ten. All I remember was a joke about Cammy's pigtails (Partially).

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:57 PM