3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> 2012, We have something to think about
Winx4eva!
post Nov 19 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Ditto Zel~ I only read the movie's plot, and honestly, I do not have any interest into that movie. It is of course untrue to Christians, since only God has the power to determinate the day in which Earth will end. It's wrong to believe that the world will end in such year, month, day... We need to live our lives to the max, and always have the thought that tomorrow could indeed be the last day, and to appreciate life and everything within it ^_^

Plus, if the movie was more of a documentary, that is, if all of that information was veridical, I believe it would be better, at one side... There would be no more sinning, and those people, our ancestors, who have been waiting to go to Heaven, can finally rest in peace =)

Double Ditto Addiez, well put. Also, according to Christians and the bible too - Humans will not know when the day will come only our father God. Everyone basically knows, so I highly doubt that will be the end. It's the same thing that happened in 2000, everyone thought it would end because of the millieum. But look at us now! We are breathing, eating, growing... It's just a urban legend, a rumor. And if the world does end, at least many will be at peace...

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Go to the top of the page
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 19 2009, 2:42 PM
Post #22

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

hope never dies... niether does fear. let's see if the optimistic ones are right, but i, for some reason, just can't be in such a way of conduct.

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
Toriamelio
post Nov 20 2009, 3:59 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

personally I'm not believing the world is gonna end till NASA gives it the thumbs up "Yes we're all going to die" xxD

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
Stellaksjuta
post Nov 23 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #24

Mythix Fairy

^ lol

Oh! I ust thought! What happenned to satellitles!? o.O

I've watched the movie in theathre twice and I must say it was awesome!The effects were awesome! The Charlie with his cucumber was awesome!

I still like the Bentley scene. And Yuri with his 'it's russian' plane lmbo
----
I don't believe in world's end in 2012 though
Medvedev and Obama to the rescue!

This post has been edited by Stellaksjuta: Nov 23 2009, 12:23 PM
Winx4eva!
post Nov 23 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

@Tori: ROLF XD

--------------------

Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 23 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #26

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (Stellaksjuta @ Nov 23 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Medvedev and Obama to the rescue!

screw him, Putin to the rescue! he, at least, looks like a leader.

--------------------

P-girl
post Nov 23 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Because it's looks that matter!
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 23 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #28

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 23 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Because it's looks that matter!

what i ment, is that true leader must look presentable and respectable, and god knows, Medvedev is not that kind of person. Well, at least Putin is still in charge of country, just "unofficially".

This post has been edited by Dark_Side_Master: Nov 23 2009, 12:39 PM

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Nov 23 2009, 4:26 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (Toriamelio @ Nov 19 2009, 10:59 PM) *
personally I'm not believing the world is gonna end till NASA gives it the thumbs up "Yes we're all going to die" xxD

LOL. Too true Tori. And when they give the signal I'll be among the first to live in a Martian hut. I'll certainly never want for iron. Red earth...iron...yeah, ah ha ha. Space humor. xP
AnnieBelle
post Nov 29 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

2012 made me laugh so hard. It was like. "HEY! We should take AS MANY bad things as we can think of, and apply them to anything we can think of! And then make it an end-of-the-world thing!"
They *really* liked their SFX...lol. Apparently they got in trouble for making their movie advertising site seem like a real government bureau? IDK.

{And seriously, the whole "end-of-the-world-in-2012" thing is overrated. And I don't just say that 'cause I'm Roman Catholic...I mean, the Mayans never explicitly STATED that that was the end of the world. If you want my exact views on it, I guess IM me, because I don't think I'm allowed to explain it the way I've been mentioning it to Sio/Mazei on MSN. xP
@ the NASA stuff above: Pfft, NASA's actually started saying there DEFINITELY won't be anything hitting the earth because we'd be able to see it by now. So, unless there's like. Random bursts of crap that is natural disasters...I'm pretty sure nothing will happen. And if anything does, no one will be there to laugh at me for being wrong anyway. xD}

This post has been edited by AnnieBelle: Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM

--------------------
Administrator
post Nov 29 2009, 1:58 AM
Post #31

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

QUOTE (AnnieBelle @ Nov 29 2009, 08:47 AM) *
2012 made me laugh so hard. It was like. "HEY! We should take AS MANY bad things as we can think of, and apply them to anything we can think of! And then make it an end-of-the-world thing!"
They *really* liked their SFX...lol. Apparently they got in trouble for making their movie advertising site seem like a real government bureau? IDK.

The most funniest part for me is when the main actors shows off their elite driving and flying skills.
And those volcanoes and earthquakes just about 10 centimeters from them.
And all those 'near miss' hits from the big volcano and objects.
And the countdown of the tsunami will hit the ship. (1:00:00, 0:55:00, 0:50:00, 0:45:00, 0:40:00, 0:35:00, 0:30:00, 0:25:00, 0:20:00, 0:19:59, 0:19:58...)
And especially when China wants to rescue those animals! icon_razz.gif

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Winx4eva!
post Nov 29 2009, 5:30 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

And blah, who said the Mayas were ever able to finish their calendar? What if they ran out of paint or if the Spain conquered them before they could finish it? Seriously xD

Yep.

--------------------

Zydron
post Dec 2 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #33

Believix Fairy

I have not watched the movie, but a documantery on national geographic channel about the movie and what is fiction and what is non-fiction.

the maya's said, that the end of the world will be showered by a huge crocodile from the sky.
The maya's said so, the world is allready 4 times destroyed by water and in 2012 or 2208 it will be done again by water.

But it don't need to be fate by nature.

The conclusion of the documentary was: we fullfil the prophecy ON OUR OWN with melting the ice on the south pole (I don't include north pole, because that will not do it because that is ice floating on the water)
wkw427
post Mar 14 2010, 3:44 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

I just saw the movie, and the first half was kind of.. Too asplosion filled. I mean, I could say "wait for it.." when the car/plane was going to break through the smoke. God old, fast. But I really liked the plot.

I did think that they were going to build space ships, I thought it was going to eb a little scifi, but giant boats.. meh

Though the scenes with the president made me cry

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Mar 14 2010, 3:48 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

Well, they WOULD be more cost-effective then sending giant space-ships into orbit. And the technique would be easier to figure out. And I kinda would understand the rumors turning them into something more then they are.
wkw427
post Mar 14 2010, 4:56 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, true.

But if any kind of 2012 disaster happened in Stargate, they could send people to another planet ^^

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Mar 14 2010, 4:57 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah.....

I want my own Stargate....
Ranma
post Mar 14 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I always thought the calender stopped because they were conquered before they could finish. Either that or they got bored.

They were humans just like us, I highly doubt that they can predict the future. It's just like the Y2K bug. People are worrying over possibly nothing.

--------------------
Boo
post May 20 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Personally, I think it's silly to believe that the "world will end in 2012" just because "people in the past" said so.

It reminds me of 2000. I remember, even though I was itty-bitty, people (mainly my peers) left and right were saying "oh, the world is going to end." (Of course, the confetti flying everywhere is a much clearer memory... ANYWAY...)
Did it? No.

And that is enough to convince me that these silly little ideas floating around are simply that: silly... And yet, people take it and produce things (such as films (like "2012"), documentaries, even emails) to either instill fear or make a few bucks. It happened then (2000), and now there's an excuse to do it in 2010. Fun!

As for the movie: I'm not the biggest fan of movies where "the sky is falling". icon_wink.gif I don't think it's necessary to view buildings falling over and things blowing up throughout an entire film: that's just not entertainment to me.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
wkw427
post May 23 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

I still say that there will be chaos and anarchy because people WANT chaos and anarchy to happen

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 8:00 PM