Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> The Great Gatsby
musa225
post May 30 2013, 3:00 AM
Post #1

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

never read the book, but not I really wanna, I've see the 1974 and just saw the new one, LOVE Dicaprio, he needs an Oscar for this thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Click on the image above to join in on the fun! Send me a message when you do.
***xoxx***
Go to the top of the page
winxclubrox23
post May 30 2013, 3:51 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I'm so upset that I missed it in theatres! I did a re-read of the book and everything in preparation. It looks brilliant.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
musa225
post May 30 2013, 1:09 PM
Post #3

Tynix Fairy

it is, I love the way Dicaprio show all the emotions and hopefulness that Gatsby has that Daisy is just going to drop her husband and life and come running to him. I think he did a lot better then Robert Redford.

--------------------

***xoxx***
dittadulla
post May 30 2013, 4:52 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I saw it in theatre recently, I loved it! I haven't read the book yet, but I hope to soon (it's pretty short so it isn't a problem). I haven't seen earlier adaptions though!

My favourite parts of the movie were the music and the cinemagraphy to be honest! The acting and everything was also awesome, it was just a really quality movie! I don't know if Leo will get an oscar, it's a running gag that Leonardo DiCaprio will never get an oscar haha... He deserves it though! I wouldn't be too hopeful though, as there are bound to be more movies this year that will be so ~deep~ that they'll appeal to the Academy more. In my opinion, it weren't always the most deserving moves/actors that got an Oscar!

It's bound to get plenty of awards anyway, beautiful sets and scenery, and terrific acting! And amazing costumes! Like I said, the music was my favourite part of the movie, it included a lot of my favourite artists, haha... Lana Del Rey, Florence and the Machine, Beyonce and Jay-Z, and many others! Amazing

My favourite was that they mentioned that Daisy and Tom had a child like twice during the entire movie. I'm not even sure if Gatsby knows she has a kid. Parents of the year haha

--------------------
musa225
post May 31 2013, 4:45 AM
Post #5

Tynix Fairy

Agreed the movie would have been totally diff if they had used classic 1920's music, it's amazing how the pop music worked. my friend who has read the book said that they only missed 2 scenes from the book and they were with their kid. really the kid aint that important to the plot line. if Gatsby did know that they had a kid it wouldnot have made any difference, he just wanted it to be him and Daisy like it was 5 years ago.

--------------------

***xoxx***
W.I.N.X
post May 31 2013, 7:46 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

It's only just come out in Australia and seeing as my class JUST did a study of it, we're all going to see it after exams~ I've been waiting for ages (I'd read the book before, making the assessment super easy whoops) but it looks awesome ehehehe

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Abby
post May 31 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

One of my favorite classic literature books and now favorite movies. I love Baz Lurhman's work and I have been looking forward to this movie for more than a year now. It was great, I highly recommend seeing it if anyone hasn't yet. Yes there is modern music and a tiny bit more focus on the parties, but all of the things in the movie that are exaggerated were implied in the book so I didn't mind it at all.
bloom_daphne
post Jun 7 2013, 4:02 AM
Post #8

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

The movie was great. Nick Carraway was kind of annoying though.
musa225
post Jun 11 2013, 2:15 AM
Post #9

Tynix Fairy

agreed but with out him we would have no narrator

--------------------

***xoxx***

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:51 AM