Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Man of Steel, New superman movie
Ranma
post Dec 14 2012, 8:48 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Okay, it looks like we're finally getting a GOOD Superman movie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhramQcyKw

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Dec 14 2012, 9:22 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Hopefully it will be but you never know from trailers. Also I hope any love interest stays out of the fighting and is not as always used as bate for Superman. As that has been well over done.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Dec 14 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

It's made by Zack 'Watchmen' Snyder. I'm in.
(I really, really liked Wacthmen. It's one of my favorite movies ever.)
sapphire_witch
post Dec 14 2012, 1:24 PM
Post #4

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

I watched the trailer and I was like blow away! Can't wait to see it!

Touching lines :-

Jonathan Kent : You have to keep this all to yourself a secret
Clark : What was I suppose to do. *long pause* Just let them die
Jonathan Kent: Maybe...

Aww, poor guy. =(
winxclubrox23
post Dec 15 2012, 6:22 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

As much as Superman is not my favoruite hero, nor is Henry Cavill a master at American accents, I'm very, very hopeful.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Abby
post Feb 11 2013, 4:29 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I love Henry Cavill so I will go to see it just because of him. I'm not really into the whole Superman franchise, but I usually go see all the superhero movies that come out nowadays too.
musa225
post Apr 28 2013, 4:06 AM
Post #7

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

so ready to see this

--------------------

Click on the image above to join in on the fun! Send me a message when you do.
***xoxx***
Ranma
post Jun 8 2013, 6:54 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I've noticed that most people who don't like Superman, actually don't know a lot about superman. They either say he's
1. Overpowered
or
2. a boy scout

But for those, like me, who actually read his comics - I absolutely love the hero. The stuff that he goes through just to stick to his ideals. Someone so insanely powerful that he could easily rule the world, but he decides to be its guardian instead. Someone that could easily kill any of his villains, but let's them live because "it isn't right" for him to be the judge.

I love the guy. And I know this isn't a popular concept, but I like him more than Batman. He's just a great character all around. But I read the comics and I don't base my judgements off the bad movies and justice league cartoons.

--------------------
Ranma
post Aug 5 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Anyone see it? I saw it twice :)

--------------------
P-girl
post Aug 5 2013, 2:11 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I was never really into Superman... Not to mention Superman's like the superhero I'd like to see in like, the light-hearted, positive, fun sorta movies. And from what I heard, this ain't that sort of movie.
Ranma
post Aug 6 2013, 4:01 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

It's an interesting take on superman. It IS a serious movie, but it's superman in a way that we haven't really seen often. Him learning how to fly was kind of funny :)

--------------------
dittadulla
post Aug 6 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I saw it, didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. It was a little too long-winded in the second half, what with the neverending battle. Seriously, I stopped paying attention really, my mind was somewhere else entirely in the theater! Maybe it was because I was a little tired and dreading an hour of driving home at 1am, haha. Others have agreed with me though, the battle scenes took WAY too long. It also didn't really help that Superman seemed pretty stoic through it all, practically the entirety of Manhattan was in ruins (with presumably thousands of fatalities) right under him and he never tried rescuing anyone, just focused on punching down more and more spaceships.

I liked the first half though! It was a great take on Superman's beginning and his finding out about his origin. Very "poetic" somehow. It was a very serious movie though, and I wouldn't have minded a little more light-heartedness within all this drama, but that would have changed the entire tone of it. The relationship with Lois Lane moved way too fast in my honest opinion, they meet like twice and she's pulled into the action for no tangible reason (at least didn't seem to make much sense to me) and you just kinda get the vibe that they end up together because you knew it would happen from the start and without much actual development within the movie. That annoyed me a little bit.

I thought it was a nice movie overall, though! I don't know what went wrong there, I'm usually embarassingly easy to impress when it comes to anything, but there was something about this one that seemed a little off to me. Of course I have very limited knowledge of Superman and I haven't even seen the earlier movies, everything I've gathered about him is from piecing together information I've been fed from here and there but I agree with P-girl, he's the kind of a superhero I would have preferred to see in a more light-hearted movie.

Also Henry Cavill is so handsome that I had no complaints about getting to look at him the entire time.

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Aug 7 2013, 7:10 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Perhaps an overdue announcement, but I saw it! It was alright. Definitely not my favourite movie, but it was okay for what it was. I also just don't like Superman that much. I have read some of the comics, but there are just things about Superman that I'm not especially fond of.

Also, Amy Adams wasn't the best casting choice for Lois. That opinion could be based a lot in the fact that I forever see her as Giselle from Enchanted. I wish they had gone more into their relationship, rather than them meeting and then suddenly, no more than two interactions later, there's this huge battle going on, and suddenly Clark and Lois have this "connection". Such is life, though, in a movie with a tight time frame.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Aug 7 2013, 7:10 AM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Ranma
post Aug 19 2013, 3:22 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Superman "DID" save people though. A guy fell out of a helicopter and Supes saved him. Superman saved quite a few military guys. Most of the civilians were evacuated. There was just a lot of buildings being destroyed. The reason the battle took so long is because he was fighting 3 military trained kryptonians. He wasn't going up against Lex like in every other movie. The only time civilians were killed, or about to be killed and Superman didn't interfere is when they were destroying the planet. Superman was on the other side of the world fighting the machine because he was the only one who could get there fast enough. (They photoshopped Christopher Reeves' face onto him for a second during the scene where he was looking up into the light right before he flew upward)

I think the relationship thing happened more off camera. Lois was looking for him for a long time. They just did it through a montage.

I just like how they made him SUPER in this one. During the fight scenes I felt like this guy could move faster than people could see, and could probably punch a hole through a mountain or something. The other superman movies never gave that impression.

But to each their own :)

This post has been edited by Ranma: Aug 19 2013, 3:25 AM

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:34 PM