Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Gamer (Warning, ranty and biased post (Trailer is for all ages, but pretty violent, so beware)), Because gaming is the black sheep of entertainment
P-girl
post May 18 2009, 9:41 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Gimmick; in the near future, someone invents a video-game where the players take a hold of real people, and guide them trough violent shootouts.

My first reaction was: Geez, thanks for portraying us as sociopathic, anti-social and bloodthirsty people again.
Seriously, I am getting sick and tired of gamers being portrayed this way by the media. I admit, while not a shooter-fan, I AM a big fan of fighters/beat 'em ups and might be slightly to much of a enjoyer of painful moves.... (Reasons I play with Tekken's Anna Williams; her second throw (You don't want to know)) but that doesn't mean I want to do it in real life, with real people. Why do people always connect violence with videogames? Oh yeah, because it's easy. High-school shootout? Oh look, he had some shooter-games on his hard-drive (Just like 90% of the whole male teenage species), it's the game's fault! Nevermind his home-life was crappy and he might have some mental defect (Also not a nice way to portray people, but that's for a different rant). And the media is on it like a pack of rabid dogs.
*Frustrated sigh*
I DON'T need this. Gaming is on his way to become an accepted and even intelligent way of entertainment. (I might even go so far as starting calling games art. (Okami (Visuals) and Bioshock (Story and visual design) make good arguments for that)) But there are still some people (Like my father) who see it as the dumb, violent people's entertainment and movies like *Points* this aren't helping. Not all games are violent, and even if you enjoy violent games, that doesn't make you a psychopath who would want to place real lives in danger.

*Deep breath*

I know, I am SO taking this to seriously (If they're billing Ludacris, you know it's going to be worth watching for all the wrong reasons). But my number one source of entertainment being presented as vile and bad..... that can get to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to water my virtual daisies, lay the hurt on some trashy red-leather clad guitarists with my chains, play some tunes with a plastic guitar and blow my brains out to summon mythological creatures, bye.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post May 18 2009, 9:53 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

looks good

though i do aggree, i play shooting games and i don't go shooting everyone, they are just a bit of fun and a way to let off steam. Though i mainly play/prefer racing games and i don't go street racing. Gaming is one of themost popular past times and yet it is blamed for so much. With somany shooting games if we went by there theory most people would be dead

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Ranma
post Sep 14 2009, 2:22 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Have you watched the movie? I don't think that people were trying to target gamers as being evil. This is just another movie. I've never seen a movie with Gerard Butler in it that I didn't like. (Haven't seen this one yet)
So give it a chance before going on a rant. Watch it, and if you still hate it, then rant all you want.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:42 AM