Add Reply
> Twilight Series
MorriganAensland
post Oct 20 2008, 2:39 AM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

It's not out yet.

And if they do make it, one of three things will happen. First, it'll stay true to the books, and hence be loathed by everyone that realizes it's blatant wish fulfillment. Either that, or the opposite, where it tries to take intelligent liberties and bombs horribly, hated by fans of the story and casual moviegoers alike. And lastly, they do a pragmatic adaptation that makes it a decent story... in which case the casual moviegoers will probably be indifferent or might at least respect it... in which case the fans will be screaming bloody murder.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Oct 20 2008, 5:17 AM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well..... I think it's either nr 1 or 2 I saw a trailer....What can I say? Curious how they did the sparkling bit. Well they don't. Here we have an emo-guy who's just a bit pale. He just goes around and just walks in the sunlight (Not even SPARKLING!) like your average bloke.
PinkSugar
post Oct 20 2008, 8:14 PM
Post #43

Enchantix Fairy

Although I can safely say I won't be spending money on seeing the movie, I may tag along with one of my friends (should they pay my way) or wait until one of them buys it and lets me watch it.

I wonder if the movie adaption will be anywhere as horrible as Blood and Chocolate (which was another book I loathed, but I actually made it through that one.)

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Jahnavi
post Oct 21 2008, 2:25 AM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yup, the movie's out on November 21st, or some time around that date.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Abby
post Oct 27 2008, 8:20 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

So my friend started bugging me to read this series and I finally did. I'm already halfway through Twilight after only one day of reading it, I'm hooked. Personally I like the thinking behind vampires that are good. I also like the evil ones, but I somehow love to see that every evil has some good in it, and that is one of the reasons I love this book. The other reason is that Bella is a really good character in my opinion. I am pretty sure that is what I was like (and probably still am like despite the fact I have a boyfriend now) a month ago or so. But anyways I'm totally excited to see the movie soon, and I will be buying the rest of the series once I get the money to!
MorriganAensland
post Oct 27 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

No... NO! THE VIRUS GOT ABBY TOO!

P-Girl, Pinksugar, Asher, Jahnavi... it's spreading to fast! We've gotta do damage control of something!

--------------------

Asher Omega
post Oct 28 2008, 2:08 AM
Post #47

Butterflix Fairy

Uh Oh. Let loose the Moties of War.

uh crap. I think I just let loose an entire battalion of the warrior caste of Moties loose. we're so dead.

(Read Niven and Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye" and then "The Gripping Hand")

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
MorriganAensland
post Oct 28 2008, 2:19 AM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

In the words of Warhammer 40,000: Better to die a pointless, meaningless death than serve the Chaos.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 28 2008, 6:46 AM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

I'm more of a 'To each his own' type of person.
MorriganAensland
post Oct 28 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

Pah. You won't be saying that when the virus comes for you and your family, P-Girl.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 28 2008, 2:41 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Can't we all just..... get along?
MorriganAensland
post Oct 28 2008, 4:06 PM
Post #52

Cosmix Fairy

'Course we can. I'm just acting like this due to my own, grossly immature aversion to a series I've only found out about from biased, second-hand sources rather than give it the chance it genuinely deserves.

--------------------

bloom_daphne
post Oct 29 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #53

Bloomix Fairy

Heh...everyone at my school is obsessed with the series, its all they talk about, at lunch, on the bus, during class etc.
Seeing how popular it'd be I'd decided to check it out, I was beyond bored during the first chapter. Thank goodness it was an e-copy and I didn't spend $14 on it.
Abby
post Oct 30 2008, 7:51 PM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

The beginning is really slow, but if you give it a chance later in the book it gets good. I finished the first one in days because I was so hooked into it. I'm getting the second book this weekend to start reading it!
Jahnavi
post Oct 31 2008, 4:25 AM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

@ Abby: New Moon's great, I think it's my fave. in the series. (Though I only just started Breaking Dawn, so that opinion may change once I finish.)

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Oct 31 2008, 4:45 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

I've heard a lot of the series's fans have not liked Breaking Dawn.

Then again, TV Tropes is populated by a bitter and loathesome group.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 31 2008, 9:07 AM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Well.... even Anti-Shur'tugal admits they're addicting.
I must visit the wrong boards and forums for games/tvshows/movies/anime. TVTropes is positively.... nice compared what I've heard people say.
Abby
post Nov 1 2008, 7:25 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

I bought New Moon today so I'll be reading that one soon!
Jahnavi
post Nov 1 2008, 7:29 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

Cool. Tell us what you think of it, when you're done.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Nov 6 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(sorry, not trying to hijack the thread or anything...) I don't read the Twilight novels since they are not my taste, but I thought I'd offer another author who may write to this generation's similar tastes. In case you guys were looking for some books to read after you finished the Twilight series.

Anyone heard of Juliet Marillier? She's an Australian author who writes historic fiction in the early AD centuries around the British Isles. The author keeps the storyline real and mystical at the same time, but still manages to put some magic into her novels. Each of books stars a budding young woman who will become the target of hardship, peril, and eventually hard-won love. The way for each girl is different and can only be won by trial and perseverance, something any teen today can come to understand. If you read her novels you will probably come to think of yourself in place of the girl in the story. The stories are written for young and old romance/fantasy addicts alike. However, the novels are mature and tend to dip into the adult side of life in many ways, but she does it tastefully. I was enthralled by all of her books. They felt very real and complex, but by the end of the books (after I had like 3 heart attacks =P) there is a lovely ending.

The (American) cover art was really beautiful too. Here's her first novel (sorry it's so big, had a hard time finding one with good resolution that was "small"):

Anyway, I hope you guys might take a look into this author. Especially if you like good romance icon_wink.gif.

(Oh, one more thing. Anyone used the google book search? It works great when you want to try out a book you're not sure you'll like. Here's a link to the first chapter of Daughter of the Forest)

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:26 AM