Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Girl trouble
wkw427
post Feb 19 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Okay so in my new gym class there is this girl I think is cute. Thats it, she looks cute. I don't know anything about her personality, I don't know if she is rude, a jerk, or whatever. And I want to talk to her, but I don't know how.

I can't (dare I say it) get the balls to talk to her. Not just that, I don't have the guts to talk to people I don't like unless we are forced/already talk. Last year I tried to ask this girl out, she said no, and it turned out she thought she was pregnant. She wasn't, but anyone who would do something like that under those conditions in highschool are just NO.

She seems to have one friend she talks to often during gym, and if I want to talk to her I don't want to do it with her friend nearby. Level the battlefield or so to speak. Maybe I can't do things like that because I always look at it like a strategy game. Whenever I play RTS games I often play on easy because I loose often..

Soooo.. any suggestions? What would make you feel awkward if somebody came up to you and you didn't know them, so I should know what to avoid?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Another Morning
post Feb 20 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Maybe you could wait for a time when it would be more natural to talk to her? Like, instead of just waking up randomly, wait until you're next to her in line or something. And just make a comment about the gym activity you're doing or something. Maybe you can get a small conversation started. It might not happen the first time, but maybe if you try again the next day and keep making a little conversation, you could get to know her better and talk about more things? Then you could get to know her more.

Keep in mind that I actually have no experience at all in this situation .____.; Those are just my thoughts.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Feb 20 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I like your idea AM ^^. I think getting to know her is just as important as asking her out on a date. After all, you wouldn't want the first date to be awkward silence, right? So maybe get to know her a little, just through casual conversations. Then you can decide if she's "your type". Good luck!
wkw427
post Feb 20 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks. The big thing is about a date would be .. HOW. I mean, I don't work and I don't have a car, and I'm one of those outcasts who only uses a cell phone for important reasons... I don't txt, I pay for mins.. >.>

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Feb 20 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

mightymarty2
post Feb 20 2009, 8:56 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

seriously this is completly out of my depth,

Small point planning what to do can help as when i was nervous about exams and things. I plan vaigly what i am going to do and I find that helps a little. Though don't get stressed if things go wrong (like I did).

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Fortress Guy
post Apr 10 2009, 1:19 AM
Post #7

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:50 PM) *
Okay so in my new gym class there is this girl I think is cute. Thats it, she looks cute. I don't know anything about her personality, I don't know if she is rude, a jerk, or whatever.

...I always look at it like a strategy game. Whenever I play RTS games I often play on easy because I loose often..

Soooo.. any suggestions? What would make you feel awkward if somebody came up to you and you didn't know them, so I should know what to avoid?

Am I curious as to how this situation worked out. Can you offer an update wkw427? It has been over a month and a half.

I remember in the ancient days being attracted to a girl's looks. I would look at her... and she at me... and them both of our extended families would join us for a mammoth picnic. There I would be peppered with questions about a dowry. It was the late 1700's after all.

So with that for perspective, your situation does not sound that bad!

Thought of as an RTS strategy game like you mentioned, think of it as scouting out a new patch of resources. You need to learn the terrain, find the best entry and exit points, and play it you way. Be yourself. No point in having someone like a fake you.

So what ever happened with this cute girl? Did her personality not match her looks? Did you attempt to talk to her and trip? Are you now best friends?

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
ZaiHyeFan
post Apr 10 2009, 2:18 AM
Post #8

Pixie

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Feb 20 2009, 12:01 AM) *
Maybe you could wait for a time when it would be more natural to talk to her? Like, instead of just waking up randomly, wait until you're next to her in line or something. And just make a comment about the gym activity you're doing or something. Maybe you can get a small conversation started. It might not happen the first time, but maybe if you try again the next day and keep making a little conversation, you could get to know her better and talk about more things? Then you could get to know her more.

Keep in mind that I actually have no experience at all in this situation .____.; Those are just my thoughts.

That sounds like a great idea. Don't always think that she will think you are acting weird just because you went up to talk to her. Try being her friend first, and then if it's meant to be romance will come later.
aqua_pearl
post Apr 10 2009, 3:48 AM
Post #9

Sirenix Fairy

Really the simplest thing to do is just say hi whenever you walk by and dont give any other thought as you walk away.
This is good because your making yourself approachable but not throwing yourself at her, so she doesnt feel smothered or weirded out. Its friendly, your not hanging all over her and if she still has a problem then shes stupid that she cant even accept a hello.

If she starts saying hi back its a good thing. If she just says nothing and gives you or her friend a look don't waste your time. You can start adding "good pass" or something if you happen to be nearby when she makes a move or whatever.
After a while if she is taking the casual hellos alright you can add her on face book but dont attack her wall with posts and pokes. Just do a friend request, if she accepts do a whats up, and let it pick up from there or not.

Just keep up with your casual hello's if you guys havn't started yapping yet and let her come to you. If she's intersted in persuing a friendship (which she usually will before anything more happens even if temporarily) she will start trying to push the hellos into casual chat to get an idea of what your like. Or she will start saying hello to you first when she sees you (this is because if she's shy herself she might have a hard time making conversation but her willingness to greet you instead of just responding so not to be rude to your hellos that she has some kind of interest or other with you)

From there its like developing a friendship and if you guys seem to be getting along and flirting a bit (and neither of you seem to be losing enthusiam when talking to the other) pop the question and ask her out

This is all assuming your still having this problem
SuperChick
post Apr 11 2009, 2:31 AM
Post #10

Sirenix Fairy

okay well just basically do what everyone said the more you talk to her the better ........ don't rush the date .....

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 2:30 AM