Add Reply
> Harmonix Dolls
Sen
post May 4 2012, 6:32 PM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

By Smoby

Credit goes to Romu Magic (I'm still looking for the original source)

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post May 5 2012, 3:26 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

So far I like the ballerina look of the new Harmonix. I just wish the dolls had more detail. I remember how awesome the Enchantix dolls were and miss the company that made those. Great picture to share though, thanks Sen!
P-girl
post May 5 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 5 2012, 04:26 AM) *
So far I like the ballerina look of the new Harmonix. I just wish the dolls had more detail. I remember how awesome the Enchantix dolls were and miss the company that made those. Great picture to share though, thanks Sen!

Simba's In Concert and Believix Dolls are very detailed. But at some point in time they.... seemed to give up on that. Around the time Sophix and Lovix came around.
{§hani}
post May 5 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

haawww!! tecna!!!!!!! im in love. one question though 'harmonix'? is there something im missing here..

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
P-girl
post May 5 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE ({§hani} @ May 5 2012, 10:27 AM) *
haawww!! tecna!!!!!!! im in love. one question though 'harmonix'? is there something im missing here..

(One of) Season 5's transformations. That Promotional image of Bloom? That's Harmonix.
Sen
post May 5 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 5 2012, 05:26 AM) *

I love the ballerina look too, it makes me think of their Enchantix transformation. =)
I'm not sure if these are the final looks of the dolls or just prototypes, I've emailed Smoby for more information. ^^

There are 2 tranformations in season 5: Harmonix & Sirenix. Until now, we didn't know which was which. =3 The 3D-transformations should be Sirenix.

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

P-girl
post May 5 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Sen @ May 5 2012, 12:01 PM) *
I love the ballerina look too, it makes me think of their Enchantix transformation. =)
I'm not sure if these are the final looks of the dolls or just prototypes, I've emailed Smoby for more information. ^^

There are 2 tranformations in season 5: Harmonix & Sirenix. Until now, we didn't know which was which. =3 The 3D-transformations should be Sirenix.

Wasn't Sirenix that Mermaid form they had in one of the non-canon (Or at least non TV-series) books?
Zhanneel
post May 5 2012, 1:11 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Oh yes, I remember doing some PNG searches for Sirenix and found that they were those scanned mermaid pictures. I remember those being pretty nicely detailed when it came to hair, their tails, and colors. However no dolls of the girls yet.

And it's a shame that the doll company's quality declines so, but they know younger children just associate the name that comes with the doll and will want to buy it regardless. So the company starts to cut back on detail and standards to save cost. That's a shame, but then again, I'll be saving more money if I just don't like the dolls in the end.

So I've seen mixed ideas floating around the internet that Season 5 may be part underwater adventure and that may lead to their Sirenix transformation? I could see the producer incorporating that idea now. Why miss out on making more mermaid dolls, right? I think the other idea was making them into rockstars again, even though that was mainly just for their promotional Winx in Concert DVD a long time ago... I hope that's just theory because I've been rock-starred-out when it comes to Winx and music. Come to think of it, I'd like the writers to tone down the number of Transformations in one season as well. Ideally I'd like it to be one transformation again. I know, I'm dreaming. Ha.
P-girl
post May 5 2012, 1:14 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

While I get your point, this is probably their main way of making profits. And I can't deny that it works. Most of my fandoms are basically toy commercials (Transformers, Monster High, M.A.S.K.....)
Sen
post May 5 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 5 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Wasn't Sirenix that Mermaid form they had in one of the non-canon (Or at least non TV-series) books?

No, that form didn't really have a name. (atleast not an official one) =(

Oh yes, I remember doing some PNG searches for Sirenix and found that they were those scanned mermaid pictures. I remember those being pretty nicely detailed when it came to hair, their tails, and colors. However no dolls of the girls yet.

And it's a shame that the doll company's quality declines so, but they know younger children just associate the name that comes with the doll and will want to buy it regardless. So the company starts to cut back on detail and standards to save cost. That's a shame, but then again, I'll be saving more money if I just don't like the dolls in the end.

So I've seen mixed ideas floating around the internet that Season 5 may be part underwater adventure and that may lead to their Sirenix transformation? I could see the producer incorporating that idea now. Why miss out on making more mermaid dolls, right? I think the other idea was making them into rockstars again, even though that was mainly just for their promotional Winx in Concert DVD a long time ago... I hope that's just theory because I've been rock-starred-out when it comes to Winx and music. Come to think of it, I'd like the writers to tone down the number of Transformations in one season as well. Ideally I'd like it to be one transformation again. I know, I'm dreaming. Ha.

I'm not really up to date about Winx dolls nor have I been really interested in any. But the Lovix dolls looked quite detailed and pretty. smile.gif

It's not really an idea. The official Winx Club Facebook kind of confirmed this. =) The Rockstar theme was included in season 4... they should have kept it out. >.< I hope Rockstars 2 doesn't have anything to do with season 5. =(

I totally support your 1-transformation-per-season opinion! <3

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

P-girl
post May 5 2012, 3:04 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Agreed that the whole 'In Concert' (Sorry, but as a genuine and somewhat elitist Rock afficionado, as much as I love the line, I can't call them Rockstars (Except Layla. And Stella if we're counting Glam Rock, which is also a bit of a 'maybe')) was shoehorned in very painfully. But then again, I'm kinda getting used to Winx dropping the ball at the very last moment. I like to call it 'Stephen King syndrome'
Zhanneel
post May 5 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 5 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Agreed that the whole 'In Concert' (Sorry, but as a genuine and somewhat elitist Rock afficionado, as much as I love the line, I can't call them Rockstars (Except Layla. And Stella if we're counting Glam Rock, which is also a bit of a 'maybe')) was shoehorned in very painfully. But then again, I'm kinda getting used to Winx dropping the ball at the very last moment. I like to call it 'Stephen King syndrome'

LOL. I love your last two lines there P-girl.

(Sorry, mini rant ahead...) As an adult fan it's always too easy for me to become disappointed in what direction the Winx team has been moving the last few years. It's my own sad reality I have to contend with-- I'm not in charge of writing or creating the characters/dolls so it's frustrating when I see quality go down after previous years of grand quality. But I'm not their target audience and I don't work at Rainbow, so I can understand the "Why's" of what the company does. Profit being highest on the list, and maintaining an audience second.

I do wish them lots of great profit and popularity in the future though. I want Winx to continue and be successful, even if I have reservations about the plots, character development, toys, etc in these more recent years. There is still a bit of the original "magic" that was in the first two seasons, so I will continue to support as much as I can.

Okay, tangent over, back to the dolls. I do like the Harmonix look, and I'd be even more interested in seeing the Sirenix (if that really exists) transformation in doll form. I mean, check out the facial quality on these older mermaid dolls. I miss the detail to the facial structure and the eyes, even the extra accoutrements of the outfit:

Abby
post May 5 2012, 7:16 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

They look cool! I agree that they don't have that much detail which is disappointing when trying to look at the actual outfits and figure out what this transformation will look like when we don't have that many pictures to see. Still nice though, I wonder when those are coming out?

I also wish it was just one transformation per season, that way the names wouldn't get switched and confused.
{§hani}
post May 6 2012, 6:42 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

That wasnt a transformation nessicarily. It was jsut 'Sirene' at least the book was called that. (thats why the mermaid form was created).

So im guessing what we've seen so far is Harmonix and not Sirenix? And the Sirenix is them in the 3D transformation? the transformations look pretty darn similar if you ask me. Either way i feel like this transformation is a tad o nthe lazy side. i mean i do adore it. it's beautiful but compaired to Enchantix being so detailed and Beleievix (less detailed but still very beautiful) Harmonix seems a little .. i dont know last miniute and not thought about at all? it jsut looks like a fan transformation to me. i do still adore it though.. but the wings arent cutting it for me.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Abby
post May 6 2012, 3:08 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

In a way I almost like more simplistic things sometimes though. But I still do like the detail of Enchantix too.
Zhanneel
post May 6 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I agree, I could favor it either way. Nicely detailed, like Enchantix, or simple and pretty, like Harmonix and their original Season 1 outfits. I think I could fully back the Season 5 transformations if the art direction keeps them consistent, in the fairy-theme, and doesn't go overboard with extra junk.

Season 4 is still the one that went overboard for me. I think I had lost a little interest in Winx during this season actually. There was too much going on with the Believix, Sophix, Lovix... While I liked some parts of each outfit, the Season 4 transformations rate the lowest for me. (That's not to say I dislike them, but they are my least favorite.) Especially on the Believix theme, the costumes were too busy. Too much going on, not a consistent style or theme, and in some ways too casual to be considered a fairy transformation (but that's by my standards). Even though they were on Earth and proposed to be more casual, I still would have liked the fairies to have a more "fairy" look to them. The Believix outfits were something they might wear to mall or (by today's dress standards), to school? Lol. Of course, I wouldn't mind having Tecna's Believix outfit for Halloween or maybe motorcycle riding, oh yeah!
P-girl
post May 6 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

I'm kinda in the opposite direction. I don't mind them being fairies. But they're also modern teens as well, and I always liked how that was reflected in their first transformation and was kinda miffed how Enchantix slipped away from that. And of course, I really love Believix.
This one... Eh, I'm gonna wait until clearer 2D pictures.
winxclubrox23
post May 6 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of how this looks, I must say. Enchantix was so pretty, and it was supposed to be the "final" transformation, so it is sort of annoying how they're going against that.

The wings are sort of cute though. I can live with the wings.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Abby
post May 7 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I've always been angry that enchantix was supposed to be the "final" transformation but now it is seems to be nowhere near that. Plus I feel like there must be a transformation where you don't have to transform since none of the teachers at Alfea seem to have wings or any kind of sparkly outfits (like Faragonda!)

I do sort of agree with p-girl about the modern twist since most fairies are typically detailed and have huge wings etc. I think I will always like the first season/ second season transformations the best no matter how pretty the other ones are.
Zhanneel
post May 7 2012, 5:03 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I can definitely join the Season 1 & 2 outfit bandwagon. I really thought they were pretty, simple, and reflected the characters (and their age) well. A tried and true favorite.

From there... well, it just got overly complicated and I couldn't follow as well. Especially after the writers could not maintain a consistency with the order and delineation of transformations. I know it's a children's show, and consistency from season to season gets thrown by the way side, but would it hurt to have a planned outline of future seasons ahead of time to compile the how's and why's of each transformation? Just a smidge more of consistency would be much appreciated. : )

I'll give Harmonix props on simplicity and theme at least. It may not be epic, but at least they all seem to be matching in style similar to how they did in Season 1 and 2.

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 1:50 PM