Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> A.t.o.m., Alpha Teens On Machines
P-girl
post Jul 10 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

This has been a cartoon which has been my fave next to Winx club. The main idea's pretty simple: you take five 'teens' (My guess is they're about nineteen), with a passion for danger, and give them a job as test-pilots at a company excelling in vehicles, give them some criminals to chase 'cause they killed the main character's dad, and there!
This serie started out awesome, but with season two, they pulled out all the stops, introducing one of my favourite villains EVER, Janus Lee. (He used to be a good guy in season 1, heck, he brought the team together as the leader of Lee Industries, the company they work for.)
I like it for the fast-paced action, the lovable, yet stereotyped characters, and the crazy humor.

So, what do you think? Ever heard of it? Ever watched it? If you guys are curious, I can give some links to the first season and the start of the second. icon_mrgreen.gif
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jul 10 2007, 6:23 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Yes it is good, but is very stereotypical, I to like the fast cars.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jul 20 2007, 8:17 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, they're very stereotypical, but that makes them, in a way, adoring. Besides, the show has some of the most spiffy villain designs I've seen. Firekat (Finally, a nasty cat-girl, like they're supposed to be, not cute, but nasty, like the original Catwoman.) Janus Lee (Insanity rules!). Bogey (Why was he a villain-of-the-week?! They could've uprooted a whole and awesome subplot around him and Hawk! Ow, wait, that would steal Axel's spotlight. >_<.)
Another Morning
post Jul 20 2007, 7:02 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I've seen it on a few times, but it was on so late, what I did manage to catch I don't really remember because I was really tired. x___x

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Jul 20 2007, 7:04 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

If you're interested;

A.T.O.M. on youtube

It's the first season and a big deal of the second season as well.
Another Morning
post Jul 20 2007, 7:09 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Sweet. >:D I'll keep ahold of that link.

edit: I got to watch the first two epidsodes, and so far it's pretty cool. I'll definetly be watching more when I get the chance.

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Jul 20 2007, 8:02 PM

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Jul 20 2007, 9:09 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

What I find funny is that both Winx and A.T.O.M. have something in common; the annoying habit to let the main character (Axel/Bloom) Hog the spotlight. Sure, the others get an episode or two, but it's mostly about the Hero(ine). They also both have these über-powerfull, über-rare powers. (Bloom has the Dragonfire, Axel has this martial art called 'Jo-Lan' and he's the only Western Master.) and tragic pasts which they try to figure out. (Bloom still tries to figure out what happened to her home-planet, and Axel tries to find out what happened to his father. It's also funny that both fiercely believe their 'dead' parents are still alive somewhere.) I like to call this Hero(ine) syndrome. They just have to be more special then everybody else. My apolagies to Bloom and/or Axel-fans.
Another Morning
post Jul 31 2007, 6:49 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

So I've gotten to episode 7 or 8, and believe that I'm effectivly addicted. XD Thanks for showing us, P-girl!

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 1 2007, 7:33 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

You're welcome. That means you're close to episode nine, my all time favorite.
P-girl
post Sep 3 2007, 4:35 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Check it out, a complete list of ALL episodes!

http://7752.proboards78.com/index.cgi?boar...read=1183852469

ANd if you're interested, that site is also part of the 'Season 3' workshop. It's still in it's early stage, but if you're interested...... icon_mrgreen.gif

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 8:38 PM